Shortened Preseason

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2020 11:32
Depending on how you look at things, 2020 will definitely "help" teams who are veteran teams. Thus, the 2020 Packers need to capitalize because we should have a major advantage over other teams. The Chiefs will be the same.

Teams like MN who are young and "rebuilding" will likely be really bad this year.

However, I do look at the 2020 season no matter what having an asterisk behind it and honestly if there was a "year to rebuild" this would be the year to do it.
It's a point, however I don't think it's going to play as much as an impact as thought. At least not in terms of W's and L's.

Most of the starters will get very little playing time during the preseason to begin with. These guys are probably already established or "vet" players. I think we already know what they're going to be capable of. Some vets are starting the season rusty anyways (Rodgers... every year).

Now, preseason is really going to impact the undrafted guys though when it comes to the likelihood of seeing them on a roster. The chances of them getting on rosters are slim even with the preseason, but now it's almost going to seem impossible. So, how much change is there really here?

Without a preseason, I don't think any different of our chances or Minnesota's. If I thought Minny was rebuilding and is going to be bad this year, 4 games isn't going to change that for me.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

A few hours ago my 2020 regular season gameday experience just got shortened to nothing. Went on the Packers season ticket website earlier today and officially "opted out". Unbelievable that I had to do this. It was NOT an enjoyable experience :bkw:

Watched some baseball on TV last night with no fans in the stands at Nationals Park. It wasn't too bad really.

Please stay safe and strong. GO PACK GO!!