Here's Johnny!! (Raiding empty U.S. Bank for funsies) MIN Wk1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have no problem with the Rodgers votes, but in the spirit of this competition, there is supposed to be a heavy lean given to those who played above our expectations.

Since the moment the schedule came out, I feel like this is the exact version of Aaron Rodgers in Minnesota that we expected.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 07:40
I have no problem with the Rodgers votes, but in the spirit of this competition, there is supposed to be a heavy lean given to those who played above our expectations.

Since the moment the schedule came out, I feel like this is the exact version of Aaron Rodgers in Minnesota that we expected.
Normally I would agree with that.

But PFF gave him a grade of like 96. This was the 2nd highest PFF grade in Aaron Rodgers's career.

Like. We won't see that performance likely again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 07:39
BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:13
Rodgers literally didn't make a mistake.
With their lack of discipline and execution regarding the play clock, are you putting that all on MLF? If it is a shared responsibility, then Rodgers was definitely not perfect and has, at least, one glaring issue to get corrected going forward.
You didn’t let me finish...

Rodgers literally didn’t make a mistake...

after the ball was snapped.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

he's washed up :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:

My expectations were not this high for this point in the season (especially with no preseason games).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

As much as I want Jaire to win this for my own self interest, he wasnt good in the 2nd half, he was actually bad.

Davante was really really good, but dropped a TD.

This was a really really really good game for Aaron, even by his standards, even compared to like his 2009-2014. This is phenomenal for him when looking at 2016-2019.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

hell if Rodgers doesn't win the contest this week, then maybe he will next week when he throws 5 TD's with a better QBR then this weeks 154 mark.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
16 Sep 2020 10:49
hell if Rodgers doesn't win the contest this week, then maybe he will next week when he throws 5 TD's with a better QBR then this weeks 154 mark.
He shouldn't because that is exactly what I will be expecting him to do. At this point, a God-like game from Rodgers shocks me very, very little.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 10:54
Yoop wrote:
He shouldn't because that is exactly what I will be expecting him to do. At this point, a God-like game from Rodgers shocks me very, very little.
You mean you weren't just a little surprised last week? :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
16 Sep 2020 07:51
NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 07:39
BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:13
Rodgers literally didn't make a mistake.
With their lack of discipline and execution regarding the play clock, are you putting that all on MLF? If it is a shared responsibility, then Rodgers was definitely not perfect and has, at least, one glaring issue to get corrected going forward.
You didn’t let me finish...

Rodgers literally didn’t make a mistake...

after the ball was snapped.
Well to be fair. The deep ball to MVS on the TD was slightly underthrown by about a half a step. ;)

But seriously that was also a great catch and finish by MVS.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheGreenMan wrote:
16 Sep 2020 11:00
NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2020 10:54
Yoop wrote:
You mean you weren't just a little surprised last week? :mrgreen:
maybe a little, but I expected this, well prior to the game I predicted a 43-13 score, this is the offense imo that Rodgers has wanted for awhile now

no one seems to believe me but Rodgers has wanted offensive changes for a few years, heck about 5 yeears ago some of us wanted to see Rodgers in a scheme NE was using with Brady, people act as though Rodgers isn't capable or desires a up tempo on schedule scheme, however he thrives in it and always has, our problems seemed to me that we only had a small set of plays devoted to those shorter pass schemes all the years with Mike

I think it's natural for anyone including football players to want to stick with stuff they know, and change rocks that boat, so naturally transition is a slow process, but we saw this coming last year, slow but steady improvement, and the shorter the pass routes, the quicker the pass is, and less ability to adjust to a errant throw, so obviously timing is a critical factor, isn't that what we saw last year quite often, Rodgers can't pull the trigger unless he knows where to throw the ball, so now we come to Sunday against the vikes, we saw him hit receivers in stride because they where at the pitch point on schedule, and Rodgers made it look easy, not so much because Rodgers was so so so much better ( I contend he was always capable of just what we saw) but the timing had vastly improved between him and the people he was throwing to.

hey thats just my opinion on this :)

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:

I mean, I'd prefer for a total underdog to win, but the next best thing is vets surpassing their expectations. And no one picked a really viable underdog option. Some weeks just turn out like this.

Since expectations are subjective (also quality of weekly competition for votes), results will vary. For me personally, AR usually needs to shatter a record to get my vote. This week Adams made separation look so easy, and had the best receiving tally in the league, tied a Packers record -> gets my vote over AR, even tho Rodgers was the more valuable player.