Titans @ Packers - SNF GDT - 12/27 7:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 12:22
go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:33
Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:09
Bishop was a Packer for 5 years and has combined tackles of 222, Dix was here 4 seasons and has 300, and was 2nd on the team in tackles every season, Bishop was over rated as a mlb, and Dix was under rated as a safety, mostly because his last season here he played not to get hurt since he new the Packers would not resign him.

that could also be said for the way our players tackle, your simply more apt to injure yourself wrapping up then shoulder bumping, no one likes this stuff, or playing less physical in coverage with a hands off approach, the goal is to avoid costly penalty's.

we miss the de cleaters such as that hit on Jo Jo Shluster the other day, however we've had some bone jaring fumble causing hits, just not as spectacular as that one.
Not the best comparison to seasons accumulated and tackles.

Desmond Bishop was a 6th round draft pick in 2007. Bishop flashed every August but the coaches refused to play him and they were wrong.

Bishop was then forced into the starting role in 2010 because Barnett was injured and Bishop showed the coaches they were wrong for not playing him.

Bishop got 218 tackles in two seasons with starts of 12 games in 2020 and 13 games in 2011 until he got signed by MN and got injured in MN.

Clinton Dix was a first round pick and slated to start immediately. Clinton Dix got 350 tackles from 2014 - 2017 when he started 58 games. Dix then got traded in 2018 and couldn't stick with a team.

So when you are comparing tackles over seasons, you should really compare 218 tackles over 25 starts (8.72 per game) compared to 350 tackles over 58 games. (6 tackles per game)
ehhhh, the coaches wouldn't play him more for the same reasons others are held out, small head lol, plus he had to beat out Barnett or Hawk, both better in coverage, why people don't seem to think that is usually the deciding factor baffles me, it is a passing league, and was even more so back then, ya could say he should have played a bit more, fans didn't like Barnett's tendency ofr letting the runner come to him more so then shooting up in a gap more like Bishop, but rarely did runners get past Barnett, Bishop simply couldn't beat those two out.

Dix was a stud his first 2 plus seasons, then it seemed Capers leashed him, thats also about when Randall became so upset with the play of others, it was rumored that players became frustrated with Capers, seemed like it to me, specially with the way some including Dix played.
Oh. I thought it was because the players were frustrated with Capers that he didn't play Bishop until injuries forced his hand and the Packers then won a Super Bowl.

I mean I know the coaches held him out. I also know the coaches were wrong. Just like all of us fans knew McCoach was wrong for having Jamaal Williams be the starting RB when Aaron Jones was clearly better or playing Christian Kirksey when Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes are clearly better.

I agree Dix looked good his first two seasons. But what Dix did in the NFC Championship game, particularly on that 2 point conversion is unforgivable. He just didn't try. I don't mind mental lapses. I don't mind physical limits.

But I do mind lack of effort and Dix was exactly that on that particularly play.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 12:35
But I do mind lack of effort and Dix was exactly that on that particularly play.
HHCD showed a lot of that, but I don't agree on the particular play you are mentioning. Somehow, he put himself in no man's land and couldn't make a play. Either undercut it or go over the top... he did neither and by the time he had decided (if he ever did) it was too late.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 12:35
playing Christian Kirksey when Kamal Martin and Krys Barnes are clearly better.
I know what I would do and that would be live and die by Barnes and Martin, but a nice discussion of where Kirksey fits in as the "safe play".

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I saw Barnes and Martin on the field together quite often last Saturday. Coaches tend to be hesitant to play young guys over vets as a general rule and Pettine is no different in that respect, but I came away from that game feeling like those two have officially overtaken Kirksey, notwithstanding the occasional plays they send out Kirksey instead (FYI: Barnes had to leave the game for a bit to get his eye attended to).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:09
Bishop was a Packer for 5 years and has combined tackles of 222, Dix was here 4 seasons and has 300, and was 2nd on the team in tackles every season, Bishop was over rated as a mlb, and Dix was under rated as a safety, mostly because his last season here he played not to get hurt since he new the Packers would not resign him.

that could also be said for the way our players tackle, your simply more apt to injure yourself wrapping up then shoulder bumping, no one likes this stuff, or playing less physical in coverage with a hands off approach, the goal is to avoid costly penalty's.

we miss the de cleaters such as that hit on Jo Jo Shluster the other day, however we've had some bone jaring fumble causing hits, just not as spectacular as that one.
Either I've completely lost it and need to just go back on eBay looking for deals on Packers cards ..... but I am having extreme difficulty trying to figure out what Bishop and/or HaHa have to do with Titans @ Packers - SNF GBT - 12/27 7:25 CST. :dunno: :bkw: :swear:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol: :lol:

If Ringo is criticizing a post for off-topic randomness, you know you're posting some off-topic randomness... :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Dec 2020 14:33

If Ringo is criticizing a post for off-topic randomness, you know you're posting some off-topic randomness... :aok:
don't look at me, I didn't switch the tracks, I mean who gives a rats ass anyway, it's not as though this forum is over run with Titans talk, ya wanna rehash whats already been said concerning this game , go for it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Dec 2020 14:17
Either I've completely lost it and need to just go back on eBay looking for deals on Packers cards ..... but I am having extreme difficulty trying to figure out what Bishop and/or HaHa have to do with Titans @ Packers - SNF GBT - 12/27 7:25 CST
Isn't it obvious?

We needed to draft Queen. If Queen were on the team, we'd have King and Queen. If we had King and Queen we should have a Bishop or a Knight. Wait, we used to have Bishop! Bishop would complement Queen! Chess club LBs, haha! HAHA!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
24 Dec 2020 13:58
I saw Barnes and Martin on the field together quite often last Saturday. Coaches tend to be hesitant to play young guys over vets as a general rule and Pettine is no different in that respect, but I came away from that game feeling like those two have officially overtaken Kirksey, notwithstanding the occasional plays they send out Kirksey instead (FYI: Barnes had to leave the game for a bit to get his eye attended to).
Yeah the fact that Barnes got the green dot helmet means a lot. The fact that Barnes excelled in the roll has to mean that it will continue.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Dope Sheet

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-an ... off-on-snf

This will be the 13th meeting between the two clubs. Tennessee leads the series, 7-5, but the Packers have won two of the last three matchups played in Green Bay.

Green Bay has won 16 of the last 19 games it has played against an AFC team at Lambeau Field.

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I feel like the Packers have never won in Nashville yet.

We lost to TN in 2016. We crushed them in 2012. Lost in 2008. Lost in 2004. Lost in 2001.

I don't know what the dope sheet is talking about. We never beat the Titans.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 16:46
We never beat the Titans.
Interesting...since we haven't played the Titans 12 times - my guess is that this includes the record from when they were the Houston Oilers
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I think it is a blessing that Williams is out. It will require LaFleur to use Jones more. With the Titans having a pretty putrid pass rush this will be to our advantage. It may even allow use to get Jones back into the passing game. I want to see wheel routes!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 Dec 2020 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
24 Dec 2020 16:58
go pak go wrote:
Interesting...since we haven't played the Titans 12 times - my guess is that this includes the record from when they were the Houston Oilers
It has to because we hardly play them in GB.

2020 - Green Bay
2016 - @ Tennessee and we got crushed
2012 - Green Bay. We crushed them
2008 - @ Tennessee and we lost
2004 - Green Bay. This was a Monday Night game and McNair went off. Packers fans boo'd at halftime. We got absolutely crushed.
2001 - @ Tennessee. This one was close. I was 11 years old and was devastated by the loss.

My guess is we played the Tennessee Oilers at Lambeau in 1998 when it was a 3 division conference.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Dec 2020 17:15
I think it is a blessing the Williams is out. It will require LaFleur to use Jones more. With the Titans having a pretty putrid pass rush this will be to our advantage. It may even allow use to get Jones back into the passing game. I want to see wheel routes!
And Dillon has never sucked when he has gotten limited carries and honestly that is damn impressive as a RB. It's hard to just come in and perform but Dillon has done it each time.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
24 Dec 2020 14:33

That reminds me .......... when I think of the history I think of the Luv Ya Blue Oilers. Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, Dan Pastorini, Ken Burrough, Billy 'White Shoes' Johnson, Elvin Bethea, Robert Brazile, Curly Culp, Gregg Bingham, Mike Reinfeldt, Toni Fritsch (kicker). Fun team to watch on the AFC channel (NBC I believe). Back then the Oilers were always trying to beat the Steel Curtain.

Alright already .......... that was then and this is now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 17:29
BSA wrote:
go pak go wrote:

2020 - Green Bay
2004 - Green Bay. This was a Monday Night game and McNair went off. Packers fans boo'd at halftime. We got absolutely crushed.
2001 - @ Tennessee. This one was close. I was 11 years old and was devastated by the loss.

My guess is we played the Tennessee Oilers at Lambeau in 1998 when it was a 3 division conference.
Yes we played the Oilers in 1998 at Lambeau Field. It snowed. It was Reggie White's last game at Lambeau Field. Reggie was Defensive Player of the Year that season. The Packers won the game. Mike Holmgren and Fritz Shurmur were still there. Wow.....that was over 30 years ago.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Dec 2020 18:21
go pak go wrote:
BSA wrote:

2020 - Green Bay

Yes we played the Oilers in 1998 at Lambeau Field. It snowed. It was Reggie White's last game at Lambeau Field. Reggie was Defensive Player of the Year that season. The Packers won the game. Mike Holmgren and Fritz Shurmur were still there. Wow.....that was over 30 years ago.
22 years Ringo. I am 30 and I was born in 90
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Remember when we held Barry Sanders to -1 yards? Here we come Derrick Henry!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 20:16
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Dec 2020 18:21
go pak go wrote:

2020 - Green Bay

22 years Ringo. I am 30 and I was born in 90
My bad. Wow that was over 20 years ago!