Packers-huddle NFL Draft contests

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Apr 2020 20:42
DAmmit! Greenman one upped me after 13.
You must have not read the cheat sheet very clearly. 8-)
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think I may have just pulled into the lead but my Jalen Reagor points aren't showing up

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So do the 9ers only have like 3 picks this draft now?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm putting this here because its my thread and I want to say it. With 1 pick last night Gutey did not kill the Packers. But he might have killed this forum for me for a while again. Good lord people. Settle down, it's going to be ok. Nobody in this draft, or any other, guarantees to make your team better this year or in any other year. Not saying you can't feel what you want to feel, but I hope cooler heads prevail today.

That said, here are the scores so far on the 1st round contest. Still have to see how the next few picks go.

Paco - 54
NCF - 50
Salmar80 - 39 :(
Backthepack - 56
TheGreenMan - 67 Cheat Sheet is right!
BF004 - 43
Bogey - 44
YoHo - 61
Pckfn23 - 58
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 07:06
I'm putting this here because its my thread and I want to say it. With 1 pick last night Gutey did not kill the Packers. But he might have killed this forum for me for a while again. Good lord people. Settle down, it's going to be ok. Nobody in this draft, or any other, guarantees to make your team better this year or in any other year. Not saying you can't feel what you want to feel, but I hope cooler heads prevail today.

That said, here are the scores so far on the 1st round contest. Still have to see how the next few picks go.

Paco - 54
NCF - 50
Salmar80 - 39 :(
Backthepack - 56
TheGreenMan - 67 Cheat Sheet is right!
BF004 - 43
Bogey - 44
YoHo - 61
Pckfn23 - 58
Holy smokes, did I suck! :messedup: I sucked harder than a Hoover, and not even on a cleaning device -level. I sucked even harder than the damn Hoover Dam sucks water in! It still was fun, thanks for running this.

Congratulations to the sage TheGreenMan!!! :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If Swift, Blacklock, and Fulton go soon enough, and Gross-Matos doesn't, I can still catch GreenMan, I think.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Shout out to [mention]Backthepack4ever[/mention] who is the best with 8 picks at the right spot. Ties for best ever amount in the 1st round contest (which he and a few others did in 2016)
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 11:22
If Swift, Blacklock, and Fulton go soon enough, and Gross-Matos doesn't, I can still catch GreenMan, I think.
I think you can only tie him if Swift and Blacklock go back to back here.

I am out of the running completely now. I can make up 5 points if Diggs and Mims go back to back.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 11:56
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am out of the running completely now. I can make up 5 points if Diggs and Mims go back to back.
Oh I hadn't done the math; looks like you're right. Meh, oh well. Solid showing. 7 correct slots for second place by that measure; probably (maybe) hold on to second place in the total points. And everyone is even on the Packers contest. I honestly didn't expect this to go that well for me. Fun times.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 12:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 11:56
YoHoChecko wrote:

Oh I hadn't done the math; looks like you're right. Meh, oh well. Solid showing. 7 correct slots for second place by that measure; probably (maybe) hold on to second place in the total points. And everyone is even on the Packers contest. I honestly didn't expect this to go that well for me. Fun times.
:H
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Congrats TheGreenMan! I got the last pick right and made myself look a little better. But you outlasted everyone.

On to the Packers draft! Will anyone get a pick right this year?
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:09
Congrats TheGreenMan! I got the last pick right and made myself look a little better. But you outlasted everyone.

On to the Packers draft! Will anyone get a pick right this year?

Thanks! It was fun as always.

My guess is nobody gets a Packers pick right this year. Feels like it's just one of those drafts.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Through 3 rounds, YoHo is the only one to score any points (3) in the Packers draft. He called Deguara as a draft pick, but was off by more than 1 round.

Lotta draft left for some correct selections!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Congrats Yoho on your win of the Packer draft contest! You got 2 selections right for a total of 10 points. I came in 2nd with 1 selection for 5.

Yes, some people could argue another point here or there, but it wouldn't have an impact on YoHo's win.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:53
Congrats Yoho on your win of the Packer draft contest! You got 2 selections right for a total of 10 points. I came in 2nd with 1 selection for 5.

Yes, some people could argue another point here or there, but it wouldn't have an impact on YoHo's win.
YaY

All in all, a solid draft season for me. Second to The Green Man in the first round mock; second to Back the Pack in exact first round selections. First in Packers team draft. And the two guys that gave me my Packers contest win were in my "Top Five Players I'd Like to Add."

All of these zero-prize wins makes the hundreds of hours I spent preparing to be a well-informed bystander to this process feel worth it!

:lombardi: