Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Aug 2021 14:57
NCF wrote:
29 Aug 2021 12:25
Drj820 wrote:
29 Aug 2021 12:21
If Jordan love turns out to suck, why wouldn’t we just blame love? He’s got a good roster, a good coach, and a solid org. If he sucks, I blame him for not taking advantage of his situation.
I'll answer for lupe on this one. Gutey doesn't get to get this one wrong. You can blame Love if you want, but Gutey and Love are attached at the hip and to quote Mike Holmgren, they will end up on the top of mountain or in the gutter, but it will be together.
100%.

If Love fails you move on from Love but once it is deemed he is a failure at the subsequent owners meeting you behead Gutey and sit it on a spike on top of the atrium as a message to all future GMs to not be an idiot. Only fair.
Nah ......... just 50%. I still say coaching has to be significant part of the responsibility trail. I'll take it a step further .......... smart play calling too. If LaCoach calls bad plays its not Jordan Love's fault and its not Gutey's fault ......... its LaCoaches fault. Sure at some point Love will have to learn how to audible out of a surprise defensive alignment or a bad play call. A great running game will help overall.

I really like what I read about Love's willingness to sling it.........awesome. Looking forward to seeing Jordan Love's first Kitrick Taylor moment.

None of this chit chat will matter until we hear Rodgers has left the game/is in the tent, or on a cart due to some injury. Maybe not until 2022 hopefully.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Aug 2021 19:42
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
29 Aug 2021 12:25

I'll answer for lupe on this one. Gutey doesn't get to get this one wrong. You can blame Love if you want, but Gutey and Love are attached at the hip and to quote Mike Holmgren, they will end up on the top of mountain or in the gutter, but it will be together.
100%.

If Love fails you move on from Love but once it is deemed he is a failure at the subsequent owners meeting you behead Gutey and sit it on a spike on top of the atrium as a message to all future GMs to not be an idiot. Only fair.
Nah ......... just 50%. I still say coaching has to be significant part of the responsibility trail. I'll take it a step further .......... smart play calling too. If LaCoach calls bad plays its not Jordan Love's fault and its not Gutey's fault ......... its LaCoaches fault. Sure at some point Love will have to learn how to audible out of a surprise defensive alignment or a bad play call. A great running game will help overall.

I really like what I read about Love's willingness to sling it.........awesome. Looking forward to seeing Jordan Love's first Kitrick Taylor moment.

None of this chit chat will matter until we hear Rodgers has left the game/is in the tent, or on a cart due to some injury. Maybe not until 2022 hopefully.
After Lacoaches first two seasons in GB, I’m gonna walk forward with the premise that coach is gonna do his part...until he makes me take back that benefit of the doubt. He’s earned it so far.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Aug 2021 20:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Aug 2021 19:42
lupedafiasco wrote:

100%.

After Lacoaches first two seasons in GB, I’m gonna walk forward with the premise that coach is gonna do his part...until he makes me take back that benefit of the doubt. He’s earned it so far.
LaFleurs scheme is terrific. I think he makes some questionable decisions occasionally but every coach does and at least I can get behind the thought process on some of his decisions. Like kicking the FG in the NFCC I would have went for the TD but I understand trying to win the game in regulation. It’s not like he did something stupid like trading up for a QB when you already have a proven QB who wants to be here.

I think if LaFleurs scheme fails it because he doesn’t have the pieces to make it work.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Every coach's scheme is great until the league figures it out. At that point it is up to the coaches to evolve to stay ahead of the curve.

For everyone who talks about how bad MM's scheme was, we all loved it and how it evolved from the quick slants in 2007 to using TE's in the middle of the field and WR screens and picks in the Rodgers era. It was only a 2015 and beyond thing when it was cool to say MM had bad schemes.

MLF will have that moment too when he needs to change.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I have often wondered why, if a team has a backup QB with potential "star caliber" talent, do they not opt to split snaps between QB's? Or even have both of them on the field at the same time? Would that not make it significantly more difficult for an opposing defense to develop a viable gameplan? Yes it may create a quandry when it comes to leadership, but it could open the door to many possibilities re: x's and o's.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
31 Aug 2021 12:59
I have often wondered why, if a team has a backup QB with potential "star caliber" talent, do they not opt to split snaps between QB's? Or even have both of them on the field at the same time...it could open the door to many possibilities
...like having your 2nd QB on the field responsible for picking up the blitzing 260lb LBer who sees the 2nd QB as zero offensive threat when not handling the ball. The ensuing sack ends the 2-QB experiment as the unfortunate 1st-QB absorbing the sack has parts of him swept up and placed in a hefty bag whilst the rest of him is carted off to the x-ray room to settle paramedic bets over how many broken pieces there are. :mrgreen:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Rotating QB's has been tried many times (Eagles did it relatively recently). There's a reason you don't see it more often.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
31 Aug 2021 12:59
I have often wondered why, if a team has a backup QB with potential "star caliber" talent, do they not opt to split snaps between QB's? Or even have both of them on the field at the same time? Would that not make it significantly more difficult for an opposing defense to develop a viable gameplan? Yes it may create a quandry when it comes to leadership, but it could open the door to many possibilities re: x's and o's.
….Are you trolling?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2021 05:36
Every coach's scheme is great until the league figures it out. At that point it is up to the coaches to evolve to stay ahead of the curve.

For everyone who talks about how bad MM's scheme was, we all loved it and how it evolved from the quick slants in 2007 to using TE's in the middle of the field and WR screens and picks in the Rodgers era. It was only a 2015 and beyond thing when it was cool to say MM had bad schemes.

MLF will have that moment too when he needs to change.
Mikes offense would have continued to produce with some younger Nelson and Cobbs, and the early Adams, doesn't even have to be the world class Adams of last year, however it was also dependent on having a Lacy caliber RB so teams couldn't just sit in a two high shell as KC and the Giants did in that year we shouldn't talk about.
anyway as we know it is near impossible to hold onto talent like that, either they just decline, get injured, or eat themselves out of the league, my opinion is of course that any scheme will work depending on the talent, however some schemes are less dependent on having the very best, I think we've seen that this last couple years with Matt's, specially so with WR's, we have Adams, and all the rest who are or have been mid tier WR, and we've had very good blocking and RB's.

I love the change, I think everyone does, Bill Belichick has used a variation of this 2 TE multi motion, play action scheme for years, and I think this Shanahan off shoot is even better, I don't think this offensive scheme will age as quickly as the spread because you don't need 3 Devonte Adams type WR to succeed, heck it was the best in the league last year and didn't have em, my point is I think it will be easier to replace departing talent.

I guess we'll find out in the next couple years.