Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
08 Sep 2021 09:19
Okay, so if/when we replace Hunter Bradley with our PS guy... do we get to "protect" another player, or is that designation used up?
However, new rules allow teams to protect four practice squad players per week from poaching. At the beginning of a game week, teams submit the names of up to four players who cannot be poached by other teams. A specific player can be protected an unlimited amount of times during one season."
This suggests we can protect 4 players each week. So we could flip to another player at the beginning of next week an unlimited amount of times.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2021 06:44
Wow. Seems kind of a like a $%@# move that a team can protect a Pratice Squad player an unlimited amount of times. But that is good for us!
It goes both ways.

Sure the player may miss out on being claimed and on an active roster for a few weeks while the gaining team gets healthy. But then what? The player is then likely dumped and unemployed because his former spot has been filled and the former team has moved on.

While in a protected status the player at least has the assurances of a weekly paycheck and the relative confidence the team has plans for you should you continue to develop within their system.

And in case anyone is thinking these poor souls are simple tackling dummies for the regular roster to beat up on during the week of practice, rest easy knowing they are at least well compensated tackling dummies earning, at minimum, $9,200 per week. Vets and other high value PS players earn even more. Over an 18 week season, at minimum that's over $165k. Not bad for hanging out at Lambeau and mingling with Rodgers, Adams, et al, eating the highest grade meals, getting world class training supervision on the field as well as in the weight room, and then going out and getting/giving a good hard tackle from time to time.

Hell, where do I sign up?!?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

you make it sound easy, as though all you need to do is walk in a team office and apply, 1000 plus college players have been turned down of making a PS on a nfl team :rotf:

we don't have to fill vacant PS positions, we can activate the player and keep his PS spot open, return him there and also protect him. :idn:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Sep 2021 11:34
you make it sound easy, as though all you need to do is walk in a team office and apply, 1000 plus college players have been turned down of making a PS on a nfl team :rotf:

we don't have to fill vacant PS positions, we can activate the player and keep his PS spot open, return him there and also protect him. :idn:
Not gonna lie.

I have absolutely no idea what this post is about, what this post is responding to or what point this post is trying to prove. :idn:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Sooooo... do we wanna talk about the game?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Sep 2021 12:22
Sooooo... do we wanna talk about the game?
I appreciate your football analysis on how me might see our fleet of RBs be used in the game. I totally agree that anyway we can get Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time while defenses have to choose who they want to focus in on, the absolute better. Jones in motion, with Dillon at tailback is a great way to do it.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gunna be real hard to run on that D with our hodge podged, inexperienced OL.

That is a tall order.

Trust LaFleur to build a game plan around that, but wouldn’t be shocked to see our O struggle. Which wouldn’t be saying a ton for the season or anything given the circumstances and eventually getting Bak back. But this is an elite D.

However I do expect our D to perform at an elite level as well. Winston never been afraid to sling it anywhere but their WR’s and TE’s are bad (without Thomas), worst Winston has ever worked with in his career.

Should be able to give Kamara nearly all focus if Jaire can erase a WR from the game on his own.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Very interested to see how our Oline holds up. Definitely will help we don't have to play in a loud and unfriendly environment but our interior will be challenged especially with the rookies going up against one of the DTs in the league.

If the Oline wins, we win this game.

I think I am more respectful of Winston than most. The dude can ball when he isn't throwing interceptions. You don't throw for over 5,000 by not having talent. As for stopping the run, I actually am pretty confident here. I am excited to see our big boys up front. I am also excited to see our depth be moved in and out to keep everyone fresh.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2021 12:34

That is a tall order.

Trust LaFleur to build a game plan around that, but wouldn’t be shocked to see our O struggle. Which wouldn’t be saying a ton for the season or anything given the circumstances and eventually getting Bak back. But this is an elite D.

However I do expect our D to perform at an elite level as well. Winston never been afraid to sling it anywhere but their WR’s and TE’s are bad (without Thomas), worst Winston has ever worked with in his career.

Should be able to give Kamara nearly all focus if Jaire can erase a WR from the game on his own.
I wouldnt be so sure its not a fair fight. The Saints DTs arent very good. They have Christian Ringo as their starting DT and Montravious Adams as their reserve DT. Cam Jordan is 32. Demorio Davis is 32. Kwon Alexander cant stop the run and hes coming off an achilles injury. Malcolm Jenkins is 33.

I think we can run against them just fine. If that fails their CBs are trash.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Sep 2021 13:13
BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2021 12:34

That is a tall order.

I wouldnt be so sure its not a fair fight. The Saints DTs arent very good. They have Christian Ringo as their starting DT and Montravious Adams as their reserve DT. Cam Jordan is 32. Demorio Davis is 32. Kwon Alexander cant stop the run and hes coming off an achilles injury. Malcolm Jenkins is 33.

I think we can run against them just fine. If that fails their CBs are trash.
Is interesting, especially at DT there.

Their depth chart last December:
image.png
image.png (77 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Depth chart going into week 1:
image.png
image.png (87.25 KiB) Viewed 306 times

2 new DT's and lost Hnedrickson. You are getting Marcus Davenport stepping into the starting role and drafted Payton Turner in the first. Lost Anzolone but are getting Alexander back, and lost a starting QB.

Isn't a huge stepdown from last year, I'd say their front 4 took a huge hit unless Davenport is progressing really well. So perhaps their setback at DT will offset our setback on the interior OL.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2021 12:08
Yoop wrote:
08 Sep 2021 11:34

Not gonna lie.

I have absolutely no idea what this post is about, what this post is responding to or what point this post is trying to prove. :idn:
obviously I was responding to APB, sorry for not clarifying that, I was busy cutting my toe nails and waxing my moustache at the time and the wax was drying :box:

my point was that, yes we can protect our PS returnees, and no, he can not just waddle into Packer front office and sign up to make 9 k weekly unless he can run real fast, jump real high, and beat out thousands of college athletes for the gig, lis, he made it sound easy, but even PS players are some of the very best college ballers.

now on to our OL, lots of people I think are worrying to much about it, we've had to sub in more then one position several times in recent past and we where all a bit surprised at how well the subs performed, I think what happened against Tampa in the PO game was a anomaly, Jenkins has looked good playing LT, Patrick has been a over achiever at both G positions, Braden has been the highest graded OL in PS games, and Myers minus a few gaffs has also been impressive, add the big Dog as a extra blocker and I think Lafluer will dial up some good run fits, we could see all 3 RB's get a share at running the ball, then mix in some motion and RO, I still think we win by two scores.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Saints only injury is CB Ken Crawley as a Wednesday DNP.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

quite the shift on the QB side, Drew and Jameis are polar opposites in so many ways. From stature to pedigree to types of throws, accuracy and turnovers. Payton is a heck of an offensive coach, but he'll have his hands full with Jameis.

I'd like to see some INTs for the Packers D on Sunday afternoon...
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
08 Sep 2021 17:18
quite the shift on the QB side, Drew and Jameis are polar opposites in so many ways. From stature to pedigree to types of throws, accuracy and turnovers. Payton is a heck of an offensive coach, but he'll have his hands full with Jameis.

I'd like to see some INTs for the Packers D on Sunday afternoon...
Young Brees was a downfield passer and they used Bush as the underneath guy in space. I expect they go back to that type of offense. There are similarities of Kamara to Bush and Thomas to Colston.

I fully expect without Thomas for them to run the ball 30 plus times and pass under 20 as long as they aren’t getting blown out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Perhaps we could talk less about how good Rodgers WRs were 10 years ago and get $%@# hyped!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:13
Perhaps we could talk less about how good Rodgers WRs were 10 years ago and get $%@# hyped!!

God, I love Chuck.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Sir Charles was a Packer Hero, like some others, losing was not part of his vocabulary, and he brought his winning attitude to the fore front in every game, to bad there aren't more like him.

I've been hyped for this team ever since we lost the last game, &%$@ happens, it in no way spoils what was a great season, SB wins are great, but it's hardly the reason I root for this team or the enjoyment I get from watching us play, while at times I don't show it, inside I'am so proud to be a Packer fan, and if the sweet lord Jesus bestows us with another Lombardi trophy it'll be sweet rejoicing for sure, but heck I do that every time we win, the celebrations just tend to be a bit longer :aok:

GO PACK GO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Jambalaya and Miller Lite is on the menu for this Sunday.
Yoop wrote: