Odell Beckham

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
05 Nov 2021 17:35
In case you haven't seen, the Packers cannot afford to claim Odell. Reports are that claiming team will be on the hook for $7.25M.

Probably goes unclaimed.
No one will claim him That way the Browns have to eat the whole banana and his new team can pay him vet minimum. The Packers have 9 games left. At Vet min, that would be $570,000

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Raptorman wrote:
05 Nov 2021 19:15
paco wrote:
05 Nov 2021 17:35
In case you haven't seen, the Packers cannot afford to claim Odell. Reports are that claiming team will be on the hook for $7.25M.

Probably goes unclaimed.
No one will claim him That way the Browns have to eat the whole banana and his new team can pay him vet minimum. The Packers have 9 games left. At Vet min, that would be $570,000
He is more trouble than he is worth to be the 4th WR. And since it would be months before he learns how Rodgers wants routes to be run, that is all he can be. If Love is the QB, the last thing he needs is a WR blaming his QB every time a pass goes where he isn't.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

January football is two months away. You all don't think OBJ would learn routes or develop chemistry with Rodgers prior to playoff football time? Or provide the team with a second No.1 WR option were something to happen to DA?

With all the recent excitement surrounding the Jaylon Smith signing, relating him to the talent upgrade over Summers, Burks, and potentially Barnes, I'm a little surprised with the reaction of the majority here over the talent upgrade OBJ could potentially bring.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I didn't want Smith. OBJ can at least play, so I'm in if he will accept the terms and conditions (be WR #2, play at a discount, do the dirty work) but I don't see him being on board with that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

OBJ officially out of the running for the Packers. Packers can not afford the salary.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 11:56

OBJ officially out of the running for the Packers. Packers can not afford the salary.
Smart move by the Browns with what little leverage they had. Fine, we'll release you, but the team that picks you up pays the bill.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So anybody want him now?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The $7.25 mil falls back on the Browns if he goes unclaimed, doesn't it? He'd then be free to sign whatever contract he wants as a free agent with his new team and THAT would be the new teams financial obligation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2021 08:14
The $7.25 mil falls back on the Browns if he goes unclaimed, doesn't it? He'd then be free to sign whatever contract he wants as a free agent with his new team and THAT would be the new teams financial obligation.
remainder of 7.25 m, the season is half over, could be much lower, could be half.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Wow people this is way to simple to see people screwing it up.

If someone claims him, they are responsible for $7.25. The rest of this year's contract, which was $15 million and change.
If no one claims him, the Browns are on the hook for the $7.25, he can sign with any team for any price above the vet minimum.
If signed for vet minimum, his new team would be on the hook for around $570,000

So to put it bluntly, once he clears waivers, and I believe he will, some team will sign him for vet minimum and get a deal.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Nov 2021 08:30
Wow people this is way to simple to see people screwing it up.

If someone claims him, they are responsible for $7.25. The rest of this year's contract, which was $15 million and change.
If no one claims him, the Browns are on the hook for the $7.25, he can sign with any team for any price above the vet minimum.
If signed for vet minimum, his new team would be on the hook for around $570,000

So to put it bluntly, once he clears waivers, and I believe he will, some team will sign him for vet minimum and get a deal.
Good summary.

I think it's absolutely nuts that there's OBJ AND DeSean Jackson available for cheap week 9 of a season. How the mighty have fallen...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]Raptorman[/mention] as the source of truth. :clap:

Disappointed in the rest of the forum having to rely on the token Viking fan to get the story straight. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:17
@Raptorman as the source of truth. :clap:

Disappointed in the rest of the forum having to rely on the token Viking fan to get the story straight. :lol:
does this mean that we now want him again, or no? this is so confusing :thwap:

Go J L Go, whats the name of our new QB again? I can't keep up with everything, heck I just figured out how to change the time here :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:35
BF004 wrote:

Go J L Go, whats the name of our new QB again? I can't keep up with everything, heck I just figured out how to change the time here :rotf:
We can’t afford to claim him.

I want him the football player, he is very special.

Has to be good mutual interest, good conversation on expectations.

I won’t be mad if we don’t add him or he just flat out isn’t interested in coming here. But I’ll be so damn excited if we do bring him in.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Just wondering if anyone here actually watched the video of Odell being missed wide open.

I’ve always said I think Baker Mayfield is pretty bad. He’s got the leadership portion down but I don’t think he makes good decisions. Or he’s too small and just can’t see what’s happening down the field. One or the other but it’s all the same.

OBJ was still routing up defenders and getting open but Baler is just ass. This guy is absolutely worth bringing in. Anyone who disagrees hasn’t learned the lesson from just a year ago or forgot how stupid everyone sounded calling Moss finished and a cancer playing with a bad QB.

Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:40
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:35
BF004 wrote:

We can’t afford to claim him.

I want him the football player, he is very special.

Has to be good mutual interest, good conversation on expectations.

I won’t be mad if we don’t add him or he just flat out isn’t interested in coming here. But I’ll be so damn excited if we do bring him in.
I want him too, the only thing that ever held me back was the money, we need all the O impact players we can get.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:51
Just wondering if anyone here actually watched the video of Odell being missed wide open.

I’ve always said I think Baker Mayfield is pretty bad. He’s got the leadership portion down but I don’t think he makes good decisions. Or he’s too small and just can’t see what’s happening down the field. One or the other but it’s all the same.

OBJ was still routing up defenders and getting open but Baler is just ass. This guy is absolutely worth bringing in. Anyone who disagrees hasn’t learned the lesson from just a year ago or forgot how stupid everyone sounded calling Moss finished and a cancer playing with a bad QB.

The Browns should have killed the Vikings. Only Mayfield sucks. Worse than Cousins. Just wait.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Rams seem like such a strong fit if they are interested. Every thing I’ve ever heard indicates he wants the big city, big spotlight, big marketing opportunities, night life. Big friends with LeBron. Contender, great QB.

I think they have to be tier 1 by themselves.

Rams don’t have a big WR need, but neither did the Bucs last year with Antonio.

After that, given its only a 2-3 month commitment, you then do gotta look at GB, Baltimore. Good QBs, contenders, WR needs. And then New Orleans too. It’s is hometown team and they are in fact contending.

Tennessee, Dallas, Buffalo, Arizona all contenders, but low WR need. And I’d never rule out the Raiders claiming him/throwing him a bunch of money. Chiefs not afraid of this kind of move either.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Nov 2021 10:35
lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:51

The Browns should have killed the Vikings. Only Mayfield sucks. Worse than Cousins. Just wait.
for what? the second coming of Dancing Frannie? :thwap: :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 10:43
Rams seem like such a strong fit if they are interested. Every thing I’ve ever heard indicates he wants the big city, big spotlight, big marketing opportunities, night life. Big friends with LeBron. Contender, great QB.

I think they have to be tier 1 by themselves.

Rams don’t have a big WR need, but neither did the Bucs last year with Antonio.

After that, given its only a 2-3 month commitment, you then do gotta look at GB, Baltimore. Good QBs, contenders, WR needs. And then New Orleans too. It’s is hometown team and they are in fact contending.

Tennessee, Dallas, Buffalo, Arizona all contenders, but low WR need. And I’d never rule out the Raiders claiming him/throwing him a bunch of money. Chiefs not afraid of this kind of move either.
GB would be smart to grab OBJ, and I think he wants a ring, and we have the team that can deliver, once the seasons over see who will take the least between he and Adams, unless of course Odel proves to be a head case.

whether Rodgers is here or not we are going to have a need at WR, one of the best things you can do for a young QB is give him quality WR's, people ( not u) act like I'am foolish when I brought up Ted taking GJ, a year or so later taking Jones and Nelson, then Cobb, imo thats a winning formula to make sure you can get the best from a QB, I hope Guty does that for Love.