Week 17 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
05 Jan 2022 09:40
Yeah, I was watching the ManningCast, as well.

I liked it when they first started doing these broadcasts and focusing on game action it but it seems they've now shifted from commenting and doing gameplay analysis to a focus on maximizing their guest's airtime and asking awkward questions. The only reason I didn't switch to the real broadcast this past week is because I knew Rodgers was coming on otherwise I'd have switched due to a complete lack of entertainment value.
I agree. I feel like Eli has one of those ice breaker card games where you draw a card and ask the question and anytime there was dead air, instead of filling it with game talk, they would be like "if you had to play in any stadium, which would it be?" or something dumb. TONS of guys laughing at non-jokes because they don't know how else to respond to nonsequitor commentary by guests. A bunch of talking over each other because video chats are weird.

Like I can't believe people enjoy that. I thought it would be like watching the game with the Mannings, which sounds interesting and fun; but it was actually like an untrained, unstructured latenight talk show with the Mannings while there happens to be a game on most of the screen. Very strange dynamic. Society must have gotten too used to the awkwardness of zoom meetings to care or something.