Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One of the best apologies ever. What he did was stupid, it wasn’t malicious and the guy wasn’t in danger. Honestly what Adams did to the poor boom mic guy was way worse.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This twitter thread, very relevant.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

On the last offensive play, the Lions blitzed 7. It was Cover 1 over man.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:29
g Nagler you got a keen eye :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not sure what Dusty is talking about. How many times this year were we up by less than a td or down by less than a td at half against an inferior talented team and ending up losing? That’s what people mean by soft. Bunch of front runners. Team drips with swag when ahead, looks spooked or disinterested or confused when losing. Only game I remember us coming back from in impressive fashion was Dallas when Dak donated the defense some ints. The Miami game was a nice comeback but feels less exciting now that we know Tua was concussed so bad he missed two games
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
09 Jan 2023 08:09
You could make a "blame" argument for any number of failures.

Dropped passes: Doubs, Dillon, and Lazard at key times from the top of my head.

Poor play calls: wtf was that end around call on 4th and inches from our own 30?? The defensive alignment was SCREAMING for a QB sneak. That was the most egregious from a long list of them.

Poor defensive assignments/tackles: the Justin Jackson run through two defenders for a 1st down on 3rd and long stands out. So does Jaire playing 6 yds off on 4th and 2 and making the tackle too late. Savage half trotting to keep up with his motion responsibility on another 4th down call. It's like they have no sense of situational urgency.

Turnovers: Jones' fumble while driving for halftime two-score lead. Rodgers panics and heaves up another 3rd down INT when pressured. Stars players not playing like stars.

Stupid, STUPID penalties.

This was a total team failure. The "big-time" players making crucial mistakes. Role players not fulfilling their roles. Immature players displaying a complete lack of discipline. A HC choosing to be cute rather than just get the gimme 1st down.

All the right things done to bring this team back from the brink of extinction 4 weeks ago came back to bite them in the ass last night. It's like the focus they had to get back into the playoff picture went totally out the window when they had the opportunity in hand.

That's a leadership issue and it starts with Matt LaFleur. He has shown a persistent inability to keep this team focused in big moments. It doesn't end there, though. It extends through those veteran players and locker room "leaders". Rodgers, Cobb, Lewis, Campbell, Amos, Alexander. They all failed in reeling in a young team who aren't good enough to just show up and win.

A disappointing end to a tumultuous but, in the end, competitive season.

The team that played against the Vikings last week could've beat anyone in the playoffs. Would've loved to see what that team could have accomplished. The one that showed up last night, though, had no business even in the playoffs.
:clap: :hail:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:42
Not sure what Dusty is talking about. How many times this year were we up by less than a td or down by less than a td at half against an inferior talented team and ending up losing? That’s what people mean by soft. Bunch of front runners. Team drips with swag when ahead, looks spooked or disinterested or confused when losing. Only game I remember us coming back from in impressive fashion was Dallas when Dak donated the defense some ints. The Miami game was a nice comeback but feels less exciting now that we know Tua was concussed so bad he missed two games
How can we call ourselves front runners when we were hardly ever in front?

The only game our offense rolled as a front runner was Chicago Week 2, LA Rams and MN Week 17.

Otherwise it was all either within a score in the 4th or we were losing. I don't consider the Bucs either because it never felt comfortable once we actually got that 11 point lead. We stalled as a "front runner" in that one.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Jan 2023 08:34
APB wrote:
.Poor play calls: wtf was that end around call on 4th and inches from our own 30?? The defensive alignment was SCREAMING for a QB sneak. That was the most egregious from a long list of them.
This!

After the Lion defense shifted, there was a wide gap for our QB to sneak through for what should’ve been an easy first down. We couldn’t have asked for any better. But if our HOF QB isn’t bright enough to see that and make it happen, then he isn’t as good as we would hope.

Tragically, he did that very same thing (run a sneak) just a little later! And it worked for the first down too!
I bemoaned about this stupid decision earlier in this thread during the game and there were a couple who disagreed with me. They seemed to like Matt's aggressiveness. There is time and place to go it on 4th down but NOT on your own 30 yard line! You punt here and force the other team to go the length of the field instead of giving your opponent a gift wrapped FG or TD.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:00
At least the kid owned up to it and didn't make excuses

Let's hope he learns from this going forward. He has some intriguing skills but he can't keep hurting his team by being immature like this.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

APB wrote:
You could make a "blame" argument for any number of failures.

Dropped passes: Doubs, Dillon, and Lazard at key times from the top of my head.

Poor play calls: wtf was that end around call on 4th and inches from our own 30?? The defensive alignment was SCREAMING for a QB sneak. That was the most egregious from a long list of them.

Poor defensive assignments/tackles: the Justin Jackson run through two defenders for a 1st down on 3rd and long stands out. So does Jaire playing 6 yds off on 4th and 2 and making the tackle too late. Savage half trotting to keep up with his motion responsibility on another 4th down call. It's like they have no sense of situational urgency.

Turnovers: Jones' fumble while driving for halftime two-score lead. Rodgers panics and heaves up another 3rd down INT when pressured. Stars players not playing like stars.

Stupid, STUPID penalties.

This was a total team failure. The "big-time" players making crucial mistakes. Role players not fulfilling their roles. Immature players displaying a complete lack of discipline. A HC choosing to be cute rather than just get the gimme 1st down.

All the right things done to bring this team back from the brink of extinction 4 weeks ago came back to bite them in the ass last night. It's like the focus they had to get back into the playoff picture went totally out the window when they had the opportunity in hand.

That's a leadership issue and it starts with Matt LaFleur. He has shown a persistent inability to keep this team focused in big moments. It doesn't end there, though. It extends through those veteran players and locker room "leaders". Rodgers, Cobb, Lewis, Campbell, Amos, Alexander. They all failed in reeling in a young team who aren't good enough to just show up and win.

A disappointing end to a tumultuous but, in the end, competitive season.

The team that played against the Vikings last week could've beat anyone in the playoffs. Would've loved to see what that team could have accomplished. The one that showed up last night, though, had no business even in the playoffs.
:aok: :clap:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:20
The most disappointing part of the game for me was I had convinced myself that the o-line issues early in the season were the main reason we weren't playing well on offense. Last night we had our preferred o-line for the 2nd time this year and they got manhandled. I'm not sure if it's talent or if they just are taught that way, but it sure looked like the Lions were off the ball faster and playing with more fight. Everyone one of them had a pile of mistakes including Jenkins and Bak. Even in run blocking we were just standing guys up instead of attacking them.

I wish I knew if it was Rodgers or play design but the Lions did the same thing on defense last night that they did in the first game, which is have the ILBs attack lhe LOS and leave gaps behind them. Once Jones fumbled we stopped dinking and dunking and went for the big play again!

I'm beginning to hate head coaches who call the plays. I would rather our HC be the game manager and let the OC & DC call the games. I have been consistent with my feelings that MLF is not a good play caller even when we won 13 games each year.

Lastly, teams reflect their coaches and we are a soft team. Every time we get bullied we lose.
I wonder if the guys were playing not to lose instead of to win? The Lions played with speed and abandon because they had nothing to lose.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:42
I don't think this bunch was ever disinterested. And some of our loses were not to an inferior talented team. The other teams that beat us like the Jets and Commanders have just as much if not more talent as we do.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m honestly not sure how you don’t fire LaFleur after this one. He’s clueless when it comes to evaluating his own players and coaches. He just makes mistake after mistake. Even in Tennessee he couldn’t figure out right away Henry was his best RB option. This year isn’t the first time he’s made poor offensive line decisions. It was clear Jenkins was better than Lane Taylor out the gate and that took a few weeks into the season and an injury to decide. In the playoffs he’s blown those decisions as well dealing with Baks injuries. He hired 2 atrocious STs coordinators before Bisaccia. He made the wrong decision with Barry which was obvious from the get go. He kept Amari Rodgers in punt returns when it was clear that was not his strength. His game plans are bad. The team constantly comes out flat and uninspired in playoff game.

Get this dolt out of here.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:52
Scott4Pack wrote:
APB wrote:
.Poor play calls: wtf was that end around call on 4th and inches from our own 30?? The defensive alignment was SCREAMING for a QB sneak. That was the most egregious from a long list of them.
This!

After the Lion defense shifted, there was a wide gap for our QB to sneak through for what should’ve been an easy first down. We couldn’t have asked for any better. But if our HOF QB isn’t bright enough to see that and make it happen, then he isn’t as good as we would hope.

Tragically, he did that very same thing (run a sneak) just a little later! And it worked for the first down too!
I bemoaned about this stupid decision earlier in this thread during the game and there were a couple who disagreed with me. They seemed to like Matt's aggressiveness. There is time and place to go it on 4th down but NOT on your own 30 yard line! You punt here and force the other team to go the length of the field instead of giving your opponent a gift wrapped FG or TD.
We needed like 1 yard, a QB sneak does the trick 99 times out of 100, especially with the way their defense lined up. Instead, we audibled to an end-around with one of our worst ball carriers.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:46
German_Panzer wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:35
Drj820 wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:25
Just listened to the rodgers presser..he done done. Bye bye.
He sounded like its retirement vs another Pack season. And I do not think he will throw away how many $$$?

What do you say to texas‘ considerations about Rodgers‘ thumb being his main problem, reasoning that he did well early, then our losing streak coincidencing with his thumb injury as well as today where he supposedly re-aggrevated it?
The thumb didn’t make the defense suck, the thumb didn’t make the offense abandon the run for long stretches, the thumb didn’t make 12 toss up desperation deep balls on third downs…if anything the thumb should have prevented some of that stuff and it did not. The thumb may have affected his accuracy, but we could have still won many of those games. We lost games against terrible teams with terrible qbs like the commanders and jets because we are really bad when in a dog fight. We have to pounce early like we did against the Vikings. We are great front runners. Only games all year we responded well to adversity at all was cowboys game and Miami game after Tuas brain was scrambled eggs
The thumb didn't force the defense to fold in the 4th quarter and give the thumb a chance to get back out there and retake the lead.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:36
What? A pattern, you say?
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:52
Scott4Pack wrote:
APB wrote:
This!

The decision to go for it was/is not my complaint. In do-or-die games you have to take on those opportunities. My complaint was/is 1) the cute lateral run play call when they were mere inches away from a 1st down and 2) QB1s failure to recognize the gimme opportunity.