2024 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Biggest Need

QB
No votes
RB
11%
WR
No votes
TE
No votes
OL
15%
DL
4%
EDGE
6%
LB
19%
CB
18%
S
26%

Total votes: 72

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I don’t see Kool Aid as a Packer type. He’s a weird dude in general just right out in front of there. Then he’s been said to not be an elite athlete. To make matters worse his work ethic has been questioned by multiple scouting sources. His pro day is everything in a couple of days but even if he run a 4.4 I’m really not interested.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2024 15:42
Threw together a quick mock. Traded back a couple of times. Just missed the preferred LBs. Passed on JPJ and Barton in the 1st and didn't end up with a OG until later. Essentially after 126, I hadn't heard of guys.

What do you think about Wiggins? Showed up 182 to his Pro Day which was much better than the combine (he was sick).

image.png
Tyler Nubin and another safety and 2 CB's would make me happy. Forget the QB and draft an ILB or an Olineman in that place would make me even happier.

But this only works if the Packers sign a FA as an ILB. You can't go into a season with only Walker and McDuffie and this almost mandates an ILB in the top 3 rounds

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
18 Mar 2024 17:13
paco wrote:
Threw together a quick mock. Traded back a couple of times. Just missed the preferred LBs. Passed on JPJ and Barton in the 1st and didn't end up with a OG until later. Essentially after 126, I hadn't heard of guys.

What do you think about Wiggins? Showed up 182 to his Pro Day which was much better than the combine (he was sick).

image.png
The claim is Wiggins was sick and that's why he was so light. 182 is better and he's 20 so maybe he can pack on another 10 in a year. Besides that he's super athletic and has that alpha attitude.

Only pick here I can't see is Paul. Just not a packer type.
Yes, at only 20 and back over 180 (even is just some water weight there, gotta think you could comfortably get him to 185-190 in time and at 4.28, he’ll still be the fastest guy in the field. Back on my board.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am still out on Wiggins. 182 is still very light, and we now know that a simple flu can make him drop another ten pounds. He also lacks physicality in the run, so he is probably more of an outside corner, so it does not solve the bigger need we have at CB, which is at nickel.

I just don't think he makes much sense for us.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Compare that with his hand timed Combine run though:
Height: 5112
Weight: 203
Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.65
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.56
20 Yard (ET): 2.72
20 Yard (HH): 2.64
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.58
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Not that familiar with the process. Do we pay more attention to the electronic or manual timing?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
19 Mar 2024 10:31
Not that familiar with the process. Do we pay more attention to the electronic or manual timing?
Hand timing is pretty much always going to give a faster time compared to electronic.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Mar 2024 10:01
Compare that with his hand timed Combine run though:
Height: 5112
Weight: 203
Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.65
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.56
20 Yard (ET): 2.72
20 Yard (HH): 2.64
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.58
Maybe he needs to go to Don Beebe's school of speed. You might remember Beebe was a former Packer and had great speed. His contention is that, for the most part, speed can be learned. It isn't just a matter of working a body with good genes. When Beebe retired from the NFL, he started his speed school. I have no idea if that is still a thing or not.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2024 21:04
Backthepack4ever wrote:
paco wrote:

image.png
The claim is Wiggins was sick and that's why he was so light. 182 is better and he's 20 so maybe he can pack on another 10 in a year. Besides that he's super athletic and has that alpha attitude.

Why isn't Paul a Packer type?
Just checking again. Why isn't this guy a Packers target? I think I got wrong info that he had a high RAS. Doesn't appear to have any testing numbers.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
19 Mar 2024 21:34
paco wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Just checking again. Why isn't this guy a Packers target? I think I got wrong info that he had a high RAS. Doesn't appear to have any testing numbers.
one knock I read about Paul is slow feet and tight hips, but I admit to not digging deep and that I think was from buzz feed, not necessarily a bastion of draft accuracy :lol:

I think you hit on the most important positions, some think Wiggins is best in class, others have him 4th or 5th best, if anything draft people are all over the place it seems to me, not as much consensus as usual.

to me both OL and DL are loaded with quality through out the draft, we should be able to add a good player on both sides if we chose to, thanks for the mock :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
20 Mar 2024 07:27
paco wrote:
paco wrote:

one knock I read about Paul is slow feet and tight hips, but I admit to not digging deep and that I think was from buzz feed, not necessarily a bastion of draft accuracy :lol:

I think you hit on the most important positions, some think Wiggins is best in class, others have him 4th or 5th best, if anything draft people are all over the place it seems to me, not as much consensus as usual.

to me both OL and DL are loaded with quality through out the draft, we should be able to add a good player on both sides if we chose to, thanks for the mock :aok:
Thanks Yoop!
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
20 Mar 2024 07:37
Yoop wrote:
paco wrote:

Thanks Yoop!

:aok:

for me the bummer is most of the places I use to use have pay walls now, and I just can't bring myself to pay for it :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

I will say that I too have noticed the "consensus think" has died down this year. With more and more independent guys and former pro's, etc getting on Youtube, the industrial draft complex may be starting to see some cracks.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
20 Mar 2024 11:44
I think he's my #1 hope at CB for us at 25.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

On a side note, there's a great article about the rise and fall of The Draft Network. Need to sign up to get it (there's a free 7 day trial).
https://www.wideleft.football/p/the-ris ... ft-network
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
20 Mar 2024 14:16
On a side note, there's a great article about the rise and fall of The Draft Network. Need to sign up to get it (there's a free 7 day trial).
Would you be a dove and give us the cliff's notes? Too lazy/busy to sign-up for the free trial and was curious what was covered. Sounds like mismanagement at the highest levels while the grunts were pumping out quality content that made the site what it was.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
20 Mar 2024 14:28
paco wrote:
20 Mar 2024 14:16
Would you be a dove and give us the cliff's notes? Too lazy/busy to sign-up for the free trial and was curious what was covered. Sounds like mismanagement at the highest levels while the grunts were pumping out quality content that made the site what it was.
Great idea, great writing talents, zero management or know-how to run a business/website. At least 1 talent was a racist. Tried to bring in management and they ruined things even more. Didn't pay anyone. Toxic work environment. Lawsuits.

I think that covers it. Oh, then there was the sex house. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Oof
image.png
image.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 304 times
RIP JustJeff