Packers @ Giants GDT: Monday, Dec. 11th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:30
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:28
Absolutely embarrassing game for LaFleur and Love. I’m sure fans will bash Barry but we need to talk about the real problems here.

Our first round pick who has been groomed 3 years just got our dueled by an undrafted rookie. Special teams was garbage.
If we bash Love, LaFleur, ST AND Barry, do you promise not to throw a hissy fit? Or does any condemnation of Barry automatically mean we think Love was perfect?
You forgot Gutebumst…

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:32
Seriously??? You had the notion we had a chance to go into SF and kick their asses? Dear god...
They had been playing good enough to maybe have the opportunity. You had that same attitude after the Steeler game, calling it meaningless. IT was the wrong take at the time. Hopefully this take of yours will come back to be just as wrong.

As bad as it right now, I won't give up until we are officially out of it. Mccaffrey is brittle and injuries happen all the time. ITs football
Last edited by MY_TAKE on 11 Dec 2023 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
I just hate how Lafleur has no patience for the run. This was a prime AJ Dillon game. Let them stop him several times, then let him dominate in the 4th.

Basically exactly like the giants did, minus saquons fumble.

Daboll coaches a great game considering his own team was full of idiots.

Lafleur got outcoached again
No kidding. Dillon disappeared for most of the second half. I wondered if he got hurt.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:34
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Absolutely embarrassing game for LaFleur and Love. I’m sure fans will bash Barry but we need to talk about the real problems here.

Our first round pick who has been groomed 3 years just got our dueled by an undrafted rookie. Special teams was garbage.
If we bash Love, LaFleur, ST AND Barry, do you promise not to throw a hissy fit? Or does any condemnation of Barry automatically mean we think Love was perfect?
In my opinion, which I suspect will be unpopular, if you give up 3 turnovers and give up just 24 points… that’s not that bad.
Yes it is bad. It was the Giants. Defense was horrendous along with the rest.
RIP JustJeff

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

We were playing a pretty terrible offense, our defense made a handful of plays but didn’t really force a single mistake. I’m not impressed. And when given a chance to hold a win, they let em walk right down the field. They didn’t win a play as they drove the field in a handful of plays and gave up the win.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The team may be young but the biggest idiots tonight were not young.

Nixon is a vet
Lafleur is top ten longest tenured coach in the league.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This team finds a way to surprise. Good or bad they just know how to pull heart strings. Seems like the more time they get to prepare the overthinking and &%$@ show expandes.

That was bad all around football

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

In my opinion, which I suspect will be unpopular, if you give up 3 turnovers and give up just 24 points… that’s not that bad.
And they completely gifted us a fumble in FG range, like we didn’t even touch him, and missed a FG.

So 30 to 34 points. Against the 32nd offense in football. They average like 12 points a game.

But sure, go on another Love rampage, we’ve heard it before, I’m sure we’ll hear it dozen more times. Albeit justified, just blinding yourself of all issues i feel like. This D is simply sub par.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Cmon guys am I the only one who is angry at Lafleur? Abandoning the run, wr reverses, the two pt conversion play, and no clock management at the end has me pissed!

I mean it took a miracle catch to even score!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:36
Pugger wrote:
Seriously??? You had the notion we had a chance to go into SF and kick their asses? Dear god...
They had been playing good enough to maybe have the opportunity. You had that same attitude after the Steeler game, calling it meaningless. IT was the wrong take at the time. Hopefully this take of yours will come back to be just as wrong.
I never called it meaningless.

But for any of us to think we are as good as SF, Philly or Dallas is kidding themselves. I love how far they've come even after this disappointment. They will learn from it and hopefully come out sharper next week.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

We need a real halfback also. My god that would change the whole offense. I am being serious now. IF we had a healthy 3 years ago Aaron Jones he would have had 125 yards. I truly believe that. That would just open up everything even more. Love needs to start diming his deep throws. Whatever it takes, just do it.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:41
Pretty sure you did. Doesn't matter anyway. IM just pissy because we lost another game to a crappy team than us.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:40
Cmon guys am I the only one who is angry at Lafleur? Abandoning the run, wr reverses, the two pt conversion play, and no clock management at the end has me pissed!

Well whenever I complain about the D, I mean LaFleur, not really Barry anymore, that is matty’s ship now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah tonight's defensive performance was pathetic.

Incredibly frustrating when you get beat over and over by the QB running up the middle.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:43
Drj820 wrote:

Well whenever I complain about the D, I mean LaFleur, not really Barry anymore, that is matty’s ship now.
Thank you for joining me. It’s therapeutic.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:

You are not alone here. MLF was terrible on that last drive.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Meanwhile Tucker Kraft was awesome tonight.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:37
We were playing a pretty terrible offense, our defense made a handful of plays but didn’t really force a single mistake. I’m not impressed. And when given a chance to hold a win, they let em walk right down the field. They didn’t win a play as they drove the field in a handful of plays and gave up the win.
I’d believe NY could have driven about 200 yards on that final drive if the field was long enough with that amount of time and TOs. We were never even competitive.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:42
Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:41
Pretty sure you did. Doesn't matter anyway. IM just pissy because we lost another game to a crappy team than us.
Yes, it is disheartening to lose to a crappy team like that. I hope the players AND the coaches learned something tonight.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:39
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

And they completely gifted us a fumble in FG range, like we didn’t even touch him, and missed a FG.

So 30 to 34 points. Against the 32nd offense in football. They average like 12 points a game.

But sure, go on another Love rampage, we’ve heard it before, I’m sure we’ll hear it dozen more times. Albeit justified, just blinding yourself of all issues i feel like. This D is simply sub par.
The D allowed a winning point threshold given 3 turnovers. Love was awful tonight. Point blank. There’s no defending it. I’ve actually supported Love the last few weeks.

This is why I’ve said repeatedly that I believe Packers fans are one of the dumbest fan bases across the league. They’re incapable of being objective. The offense and special teams lost this game and it honestly starts with Love.

Lafluer schemed guys open. Love didn’t hit them or made bad choices.
Cancelled by the forum elites.