Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:40
Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2022 09:50
Preston went from being on the fans chopping block to a major new deal. Interesting.
I didn't get the feeling fans were thinking he'd be on the chopping block. It was Z that a lot of us thought would be gone instead.
Pre2021 season
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:00
Took a break from Packers talk until we get a sense of what next year's team will be. There were too many variables.

But now that we have Rodgers back, Adams will be back but the franchise tag is working out exactly how we all expected.

Cutting Z and extending Preston was the Smith brothers combo move I supported to clear space. Preston Smith back on a 5-year deal for basically the same money as Michael Gallup in Dallas (0.5 mil per year higher). That feels about right.

Shocked at cutting Billy Turner even though a million people liked it. Just such small savings for a starting RT.

I was going to wait 2 more days to get to the real start of the new league year, but too much action to not start thinking about it.

I will note, bringing Rodgers back on an extension, for 2022 cap purposes, is almost the same as trading him. Basically they'll be a little higher than the absolute minimum dead money he would have counted, but only by, say, a Billy Turner amount. I talked about that some with, I think, Texas, back in the day when I wanted him traded but Texas wanted to keep him and I pointed out that for the short term, the cap plan could be essentially the same.
I can understand their reasoning behind letting Turner go. He was basically just a RT but with Bak back and Jenkins eventually returning along with Nijman we could afford to trim that position and create a little cap space. But if I were in charge I would have let Kelly walk instead...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:46
YoHoChecko wrote:
Took a break from Packers talk until we get a sense of what next year's team will be. There were too many variables.

But now that we have Rodgers back, Adams will be back but the franchise tag is working out exactly how we all expected.

Cutting Z and extending Preston was the Smith brothers combo move I supported to clear space. Preston Smith back on a 5-year deal for basically the same money as Michael Gallup in Dallas (0.5 mil per year higher). That feels about right.

Shocked at cutting Billy Turner even though a million people liked it. Just such small savings for a starting RT.

I was going to wait 2 more days to get to the real start of the new league year, but too much action to not start thinking about it.

I will note, bringing Rodgers back on an extension, for 2022 cap purposes, is almost the same as trading him. Basically they'll be a little higher than the absolute minimum dead money he would have counted, but only by, say, a Billy Turner amount. I talked about that some with, I think, Texas, back in the day when I wanted him traded but Texas wanted to keep him and I pointed out that for the short term, the cap plan could be essentially the same.
I can understand their reasoning behind letting Turner go. He was basically just a RT but with Bak back and Jenkins eventually returning along with Nijman we could afford to trim that position and create a little cap space. But if I were in charge I would have let Kelly walk instead...
Kelly is a free agent too.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:51
Pugger wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

So we don't have to do anything and let him go?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I would think the Pack would be VERY motivated to get a contract on Tae before Wednesday. But you know that Adams knows that too and can play it to his advantage.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Mar 2022 09:52
Billy may be sad but he also should be a little happy. I bet he gets good money somewhere after how versatile he proved to be in GB

Also, if I’m adams, I ain’t playing on the tag either. He should be traded to Vegas.
I think Rodgers and devantae realize how weak Murphy and gute are. Rodgers obviously running the show and devantae thinking he holds the cards as well. Embarrassing IMO. Aaron and devantae put up hof numbers. To what end?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Realist wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:55
Drj820 wrote:
Billy may be sad but he also should be a little happy. I bet he gets good money somewhere after how versatile he proved to be in GB

Also, if I’m adams, I ain’t playing on the tag either. He should be traded to Vegas.
I think Rodgers and devantae realize how weak Murphy and gute are. Rodgers obviously running the show and devantae thinking he holds the cards as well. Embarrassing IMO. Aaron and devantae put up hof numbers. To what end?
Imagine calling a GM weak who is re-signing two HOF players, along with a host of others while we’re still OVER the cap. I’d saying he needs to keep it up!

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

well obviously they put up those HOF numbers because they new doing so would give them control of the team, sure, that has to be the reason. :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:53
paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:51
Pugger wrote:

So we don't have to do anything and let him go?
Correct, he's already gone. Unless we sign him to a new deal.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Here we go again! :lol: Pretty sure Gutey &%$@ in this dude's cereal.

In other news...
MVS getting a lot of interest.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:06
In other news...
Raiders make a ton of sense. I saw some metrics on the offensive splits with Ruggs on the field or off the field, and it's massive. Having that deep threat replaced makes so much difference.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

That's interesting.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:34
That's interesting.
:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:38
paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:34
That's interesting.
:rotf:
:rotf: :idn: :munch:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:18
paco wrote:
14 Mar 2022 11:06
In other news...
Raiders make a ton of sense. I saw some metrics on the offensive splits with Ruggs on the field or off the field, and it's massive. Having that deep threat replaced makes so much difference.
speeds the need, can you imagine if we had a speedster like MVS, heck Adams would catch 130 balls a season :rotf: hate to lose him, he was starting to come on when he got hurt, to bad it took him so long to gel up, watch he'll stay healthy now and get 60 catches and a K for the Raiders, to bad we are so cash strapped, would have liked to bring him back.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Mar 2022 10:56
Realist wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Imagine calling a GM weak who is re-signing two HOF players, along with a host of others while we’re still OVER the cap. I’d saying he needs to keep it up!

:-)
Preach on Scott. This could be the year.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
14 Mar 2022 09:37
Primarily I will not get too involved because I am out of ideas and I am super busy at work as we fired our CFO last week and I am now the CFO. (low key super pumped about this as it has always been my dream job). ...
Congrats, and good luck! :aok:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wow! Unexpected!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

D'Vondre Campbell signs a 5 Year $50 Million deal with the Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.