Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jul 2023 14:03
Rodgers has every right to tell these people to bug off.
Apparently he contractually has absolutely zero right to tell these people to bug off and that's why he's butthurt once again. If he did, I am sure he would have.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

DT's getting paid. More DT's above 20M per year than there are Edge rushers right now.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I bet there's a big part of him that's pissed, but I also bet there's part of him that is relishing it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Betting odds say TEN is the heavy favorite to land Nuk:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/de ... b43c&ei=13

'Kind of a strange choice if true.
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
14 Jul 2023 09:47

I read something yesterday that said he's definitely going to the Chiefs. Also something that he's going to be a Bill. :lol: I do think Tennessee is an option. I think if I were him though, I'd be chasing a ring. That's not going to be with the Titans.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
13 Jul 2023 14:34
Yoop wrote:
Apparently he contractually has absolutely zero right to tell these people to bug off and that's why he's butthurt once again. If he did, I am sure he would have.
your right of course, and while he'll smile for the camera as the league wants him to, he can also get away with being a smug sarcastic jack ass.

I feel a team should be able to focus on the season and train without all the media intrusion, and I bet most coaches and players do to, it's a distraction.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jul 2023 16:31
NCF wrote:
13 Jul 2023 14:34
Yoop wrote:
your right of course, and while he'll smile for the camera as the league wants him to, he can also get away with being a smug sarcastic jack ass.

I feel a team should be able to focus on the season and train without all the media intrusion, and I bet most coaches and players do to, it's a distraction.
Totally agree with you there.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

more and more I have to admit Stick Jockey (alias APB) :aok: is right, people that manage NFL football team do act delusional and do crazy stuff at times.

heres a list of whoops we blundered. two decisions affected us for many years, one we made, and one another team made

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-of-wo ... 28055.html

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jul 2023 11:07
and you bring this to show what? that Rodgers didn't have a go to receiver, his best is no better then a #3 or 4 for most teams.

your attempts to diminish Rodgers ability is insane, I'll be laughing at people here when he turns his production back up this season with the Jets.

people let his personality and dislike for the way this team has been run affect there common sense, putrid resources spent on skill position offensive talent since 2014 is what hurt Rodgers, and by extension the team, and fans focus there blame on the QB :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I brought this because it is interesting. Geno Smith is at the top, which I consider interesting.

Mike, chill out. Every post is not an afront to Aaron Rodgers or Dom Capers.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 15 Jul 2023 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop, by all accounts, Jared Goff had an excellent year. Not just an excellent year “for him” but by anybody’s standards. At 38% completion over 20 yards, he is definitely on the low end of the chart. Elite QBs like Mahommes are (surprisingly to me) only a little better.

Why not just relax and let the chart speak for itself. If we want to hype about anybody making a case for better or for worse for AR12 or any other QB, we could say that Mahommes is an ordinary QB by this chart. And so are many others. And that Geno Smith would be excellent.

We know this chart doesn’t tell the entire story. And it doesn’t really account much for WR/TE talent either. (See above.) And it doesn’t account for schemes either. And it doesn’t account for more or less WR talent for QBs from previous years.

Why not just say, “It would’ve been super if AR12 could’ve done better in 2022” over 20 yards?” Wouldn’t that be great? Just saying…
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’ve always believe completions down the field is more in the quality of the receivers than the QB. To an extent you have to put the ball in a catchable position but ultimately the receiver is the one that does the majority of the work. The QB just needs to throw. The receiver needs to separate, track the ball, adjust, make the play on the ball sometimes over the DB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jul 2023 13:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jul 2023 11:07
and you bring this to show what? that Rodgers didn't have a go to receiver, his best is no better then a #3 or 4 for most teams.

your attempts to diminish Rodgers ability is insane, I'll be laughing at people here when he turns his production back up this season with the Jets.

people let his personality and dislike for the way this team has been run affect there common sense, putrid resources spent on skill position offensive talent since 2014 is what hurt Rodgers, and by extension the team, and fans focus there blame on the QB :thwap:
You said that Christian Watson was no more than a #3 for most teams. :thwap:
And don't give me the bs that Watson does not count because he was hurt for part of the season. Many if not most receivers get hurt for part of the season. Fact is that last season, Watson is WR#1 on the majority of teams.

Rodgers was in the lowest 3rd on that list for a reason, and it wasn't his receivers. It is because Rodgers was hurt and refused to sit and heal and likely delayed his healing because of it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Labrev wrote:
14 Jul 2023 09:47

Update: he has signed with TEN, 2 yr. 26M (incentives to 32M).

Source: rapopopopopo
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

After years of reading on this forum, I am starting to conclude that we believe the WR position is the most important position in football.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jul 2023 15:24
After years of reading on this forum, I am starting to conclude that we believe the WR position is the most important position in football.
The the way you move the ball now. The QB is still clearly most important. The RB used to be the most valued position by teams because that was the way of generating yardage and points. Now though its about the playmakers on the boundary. Its why a year ago you had teams paying a premium to trade for star receivers and move up in the draft for that position as well.

It shouldnt come as a surprise that for 3 years running now the team that won the SB is the team that made the risky move picking up disgruntled but talented receivers either on the trade market or by FA. This organization has routinely been one of the last to adjust to the trends in the league.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2023 16:19
go pak go wrote:
The the way you move the ball now. The QB is still clearly most important. The RB used to be the most valued position by teams because that was the way of generating yardage and points. Now though its about the playmakers on the boundary. Its why a year ago you had teams paying a premium to trade for star receivers and move up in the draft for that position as well.

It shouldnt come as a surprise that for 3 years running now the team that won the SB is the team that made the risky move picking up disgruntled but talented receivers either on the trade market or by FA. This organization has routinely been one of the last to adjust to the trends in the league.
Only since Wolf

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2023 16:19
go pak go wrote:

well said :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAte7nGWUAM0d8s.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (144.07 KiB) Viewed 373 times