Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 15:41

I'm surprised Quay Walker isn't on that list. I thought he was everywhere until he got ejected.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2023 15:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 15:41

I'm surprised Quay Walker isn't on that list. I thought he was everywhere until he got ejected.
I would probably flip Campbell and him.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I don’t know if anybody mentioned this, but on Nijman’s second sack, he was actually holding up well while blocking Hutchinson, but our RG Runyan(?) came to help and knocked him loose. Hutchinson went on to sack Rodgers. And Nijman was replaced by Tom shortly after.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Jan 2023 12:39
Half Empty wrote:
09 Jan 2023 10:33
Labrev wrote:
09 Jan 2023 10:27

Two words: Chill Alaska.
It's Monday morning, and I'm old. What does this mean?
"Chill Alaska" was a call Rodgers made at the line that went disastrously
B B But

does that mean he audibled out of a QB sneak? if so why would he, specially with that space in the 1 and 2 holes, nahh, what he should have done is audible into a sneak, that play had Matt Lafleur written all over it, classic outside stretch run, it is a staple of the Matt Lafleur offense, we do that exact play about 10 times a game :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Jan 2023 16:22
I don’t know if anybody mentioned this, but on Nijman’s second sack, he was actually holding up well while blocking Hutchinson, but our RG Runyan(?) came to help and knocked him loose. Hutchinson went on to sack Rodgers. And Nijman was replaced by Tom shortly after.
That was the first sack. The 2nd one Nijman just got beat.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Vindication for yoop... listening to Mike Wahle and Ahman Green's podcast, Green says the slant to Doubs should have been caught, chalks it up to inexperience (not playing with Rodgers long enough to know he throws it low in that situation, and that he needs to learn to "fall into" the catch to get low balls).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:00
At least the kid owned up to it and didn't make excuses

I think the kid has talent, but he needs to learn to check himself in the game. Use those emotions while playing. I would be surprised if he is ever ejected again. He seems to be pretty upset that he effed up again. BTW, it's not like he pushed the person down. And I can see why he reacted the way he did. But let's hope he uses it as a learning experience.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 16:29
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Half Empty wrote:
09 Jan 2023 10:33

It's Monday morning, and I'm old. What does this mean?
B B But

does that mean he audibled out of a QB sneak? if so why would he, specially with that space in the 1 and 2 holes, nahh, what he should have done is audible into a sneak, that play had Matt Lafleur written all over it, classic outside stretch run, it is a staple of the Matt Lafleur offense, we do that exact play about 10 times a game :lol:
We don't know, we might never know, it could've even been a dummy call. All we know is the play that was run didn't work. I'm hoping a reporter will ask about it.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Jan 2023 19:15
Yoop wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

B B But

We don't know, we might never know, it could've even been a dummy call. All we know is the play that was run didn't work. I'm hoping a reporter will ask about it.
If I’m the head coach there I send the team out and don’t give the option of an audible. You sneak that every time . If you can’t get half a yard you don’t deserve to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Jan 2023 19:22
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Jan 2023 19:15
Yoop wrote:

B B But

If I’m the head coach there I send the team out and don’t give the option of an audible. You sneak that every time . If you can’t get half a yard you don’t deserve to win.
Agreed
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:07
Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Jan 2023 08:39
This game has irony written all over it. It was a virtual repeat of the first game. We didn’t have the three interceptions. But it was otherwise almost identical. We didn’t learn how to defeat that the first time. And we didn’t learn how to defeat it again the second time.

Rodgers put the burden on his shoulders by the fourth quarter. But he clearly didn’t or couldn’t do enough. That’s what has happened in so many Januaries recently. The offense goes to sleep.

Jared Goff is a better QB than Rodgers right now. He exemplifies how to make sustainable passing and drives happen. So, he forces defenses to honor the play action. Rodgers still has terrific passing ability. But he trusts himself too much, so he wants to go downfield too much. I think the defenses realize that and bait him into seeing things that just aren’t there (because they’ll react and cover what they “reveal” as a weakness).

I have no ill feelings if Rodgers wants to continue to play in 2023 - somewhere else. I will always be a fan of his. But I’m ready for Love!

:-)
Rodgers didn't have the pass protection Goff had, those down field throws while looking bad where the result of no one open on the first read and having to heave it some where a split second later, at least with most that I remember.

our OL got beat by the Lions DL, imo that was the crux of of our offensive problems, yes we had some dropped passes and a costly fumble, and a few errant throws, but mostly stuff we could have over come if the line just blocked a little better.

Rodgers appeared worn out, I think he's going to retire.
This game was a blast to be at. The fans in the stands stood the ENTIRE game and were sufficiently LOUD when they needed to be LOUD. However, the energy, and execution in all 3 phases was mediocre at best. Ths was one of those games when the Packers did not seem to be prepared to win (shame on the coaching staff). On the other hand the Lions came to play for 60 minutes. The Lions fans were well behaved in my Section.

8 wins and 9 losses ...... heads need to roll out of Green Bay. And the replacements need to come in PRONTO to get the team back on track.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Jan 2023 19:38
Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2023 09:07
Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Jan 2023 08:39
This game has irony written all over it. It was a virtual repeat of the first game. We didn’t have the three interceptions. But it was otherwise almost identical. We didn’t learn how to defeat that the first time. And we didn’t learn how to defeat it again the second time.

Rodgers put the burden on his shoulders by the fourth quarter. But he clearly didn’t or couldn’t do enough. That’s what has happened in so many Januaries recently. The offense goes to sleep.

Jared Goff is a better QB than Rodgers right now. He exemplifies how to make sustainable passing and drives happen. So, he forces defenses to honor the play action. Rodgers still has terrific passing ability. But he trusts himself too much, so he wants to go downfield too much. I think the defenses realize that and bait him into seeing things that just aren’t there (because they’ll react and cover what they “reveal” as a weakness).

I have no ill feelings if Rodgers wants to continue to play in 2023 - somewhere else. I will always be a fan of his. But I’m ready for Love!

:-)
Rodgers didn't have the pass protection Goff had, those down field throws while looking bad where the result of no one open on the first read and having to heave it some where a split second later, at least with most that I remember.

our OL got beat by the Lions DL, imo that was the crux of of our offensive problems, yes we had some dropped passes and a costly fumble, and a few errant throws, but mostly stuff we could have over come if the line just blocked a little better.

Rodgers appeared worn out, I think he's going to retire.
This game was a blast to be at. The fans in the stands stood the ENTIRE game and were sufficiently LOUD when they needed to be LOUD. However, the energy, and execution in all 3 phases was mediocre at best. Ths was one of those games when the Packers did not seem to be prepared to win (shame on the coaching staff). On the other hand the Lions came to play for 60 minutes. The Lions fans were well behaved in my Section.

8 wins and 9 losses ...... heads need to roll out of Green Bay. And the replacements need to come in PRONTO to get the team back on track.
Glad you had a good time and weren't mauled by those juberent Lions fans :lol: , to bad for the poor showing, I agree the team didn't have the same energy as they did a week ago for the Vikings, our OL was inconsistent again, same with teams and the defense, I give credit to Detroit, they came to play and we didn't, I tend to agree, heads should roll, but it doesn't sounds as though they will, we'll roll out intact with the coaches that under achieved this season :bigcry:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

So apparently the play where Rodgers threw the last INT was the *exact same play* (and same error by him) as when Rodgers threw incomplete to a double-covered Adams last year against the 49ers (while Lazard ran wide-open underneath).

:|

I'm not sure who was running that underneath route this time and if they were as open as Lazard last time, but yeah, same dumb throw to a covered WR. :bkw:
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2023 13:27
So apparently the play where Rodgers threw the last INT was the *exact same play* (and same error by him) as when Rodgers threw incomplete to a double-covered Adams last year against the 49ers (while Lazard ran wide-open underneath).

I'm not sure who was running that underneath route this time and if they were as open as Lazard last time, but yeah, same dumb throw to a covered WR. :bkw:
You are correct.

And I'm pretty sure it was Lazard again who broke free and would have been wide open over the middle (since it was a double ILB blitz).
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2023 13:49
Labrev wrote:

You are correct.

And I'm pretty sure it was Lazard again who broke free and would have been wide open over the middle (since it was a double ILB blitz).
I don't even have to go look at that play to know your just nitpicking, Rodgers had no time to scan a route tree, he barely got rid of the ball as it was, it ended up getting picked as a result of Rodgers not even having time to step into the throw.

If Rodger is still considered the best QB to lead this team next year, then guess who the QB will be.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 15:10
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

You are correct.

I don't even have to go look at that play to know your just nitpicking, Rodgers had no time to scan a route tree, he barely got rid of the ball as it was, it ended up getting picked as a result of Rodgers not even having time to step into the throw.

If Rodger is still considered the best QB to lead this team next year, then guess who the QB will be.
Considered the best by who, that same FO you're always saying is incompetent and should not be agreed with?
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 15:10
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

You are correct.

Absolutely not nitpicking. Good players of Madden let along the smartest to ever play the game should know the basic concept that a middle crosser will be wide open if the safeties stay deep and the ILB's are coming on a blitz. There is no need to scan a route tree. He knows the play. He can see what the defense is doing. He should know immediately where the open spot is. It's why I don't buy the thumb excuse. His issues were far more about decision making than physical making in 2022. I don't care if people were in his face. There was a time when legend Aaron would have eaten that blitz alive. Legend Aaron would have invited that blitz. Wanted that blitz.

If only your level of expectation on a smart veteran quarterback of field reading and reaction was as high as your expectation of a wide receiver's catch radius.

And yes. If the front office thinks we are considerably better off trying to squeeze the Rodgers juice at immense future team cost versus rolling with Jordan Love, my viewpoint of the coaching staff and management will be very, very low. It will make your rants of no wide receivers since 2002 look meaningless. I can forgive them being delusional in the 2022 offseason. I won't forgive them if they double down and do it again. It will set our organization back years.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Lions sent the heat. Dillon actually blew the blitz pickup. He blocked literally no one. Rodgers could have stepped up for a better throw or had the time to see Lazard.

I don’t see many Packers fans mention that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Many have mentioned that Dillon screwed up the blitz pickup.