Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday Sep 10th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers by 100

Bout GD Time
26%
This is way too early for a GDT
4%
Where is the Here's Johnny Thread
12%
Packers by 100
12%
Jordan Love
16%
Still hate you BF
8%
LFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
22%

Total votes: 50

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The problem with Dillon is he’s a big back that plays small. He gets brought down way too easily for how big he is and how strong his base is. Sometimes you get a good rumble out of him but he should be like Nick Chubb or a Marshawn Lynch honestly. On top of that he pussy foots in the backfield trying to find his hole. At this point he needs to trust his first instinct and explode up the field and try and get a head of steam and let his size and strength do all the work.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2023 01:55
The problem with Dillon is he’s a big back that plays small. He gets brought down way too easily for how big he is and how strong his base is. Sometimes you get a good rumble out of him but he should be like Nick Chubb or a Marshawn Lynch honestly. On top of that he pussy foots in the backfield trying to find his hole. At this point he needs to trust his first instinct and explode up the field and try and get a head of steam and let his size and strength do all the work.
Agree on all this, especially the highlighted portion.

The earlier post by [mention]Drj820[/mention] directed blame for his struggles at play design and formation. I disagree. This O-Line is opening holes and creating space, Dillon just isn't seeing it in time to take advantage. He's dancing around and waiting. As mentioned by [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention], he needs to take the handoff and get that head of steam going and trust the hole will develop and hit it. All that size doesn't do a thing for him when he's short-stepping it and dancing.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

EverFlush pooped the bed ................... and I "LOVE" it. GO PACK GO! Bears still suck. Love jersey sales are skyrocketing. Exorcise the Rodgers demons at the home opener. GO PACKERS!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Sep 2023 06:33
lupedafiasco wrote:

The earlier post by @Drj820 directed blame for his struggles at play design and formation. I disagree. This O-Line is opening holes and creating space, Dillon just isn't seeing it in time to take advantage. He's dancing around and waiting. As mentioned by @lupedafiasco, he needs to take the handoff and get that head of steam going and trust the hole will develop and hit it. All that size doesn't do a thing for him when he's short-stepping it and dancing.
some guys run better behind man, gap blocking, others are better with zone blocking, Dillon is a one cut and go zone blocking RB, imo this is probably his last season as a Packer, he just doesn't fit as well any more because we now do so much man,gap schemes, and probably why we had interest with Taylor, like Jones, he also would do well in a gap schemes, just my opinion.

The Green Bay Packers offense has entered a new era. There have been bumps in the road, but a big part of their season turning around is a renewed emphasis on the run game, and, even more-so, the adaptability of the run game and how it has progressed through the season. Head Coach Matt LaFleur and Offensive Coordinator Adam Stenavich have increasingly used gap-scheme runs. In the past three seasons under LaFleur, the Packers have been an almost exclusively zone team with a sprinkle of Duo for some physical, downhill running. This version of the Packers create a physical identity by pulling linemen, kicking players out at the line of scrimmage, and wrapping unexpected skill positions in as lead blockers.

https://weeklyspiral.com/2022/12/28/the ... -identity/

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

The earlier post by @Drj820 directed blame for his struggles at play design and formation. I disagree. This O-Line is opening holes and creating space, Dillon just isn't seeing it in time to take advantage. He's dancing around and waiting. As mentioned by @lupedafiasco, he needs to take the handoff and get that head of steam going and trust the hole will develop and hit it. All that size doesn't do a thing for him when he's short-stepping it and dancing.
I actually laid out the case for blame for both sides, but the thing is that when you give Dillon the ball going sideways, you forced him to make the decision of when to cut up and hit the hole. When you hand it to him with him running down hill, you kind of take that decision away from him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
10 Sep 2023 21:31
On that play, Rasheed Walker was out there as a 6th O-lineman. That's a new wrinkle, I think, compared to last year
He is our new blocking TE. :—)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not disagreeing with y’all. But I couldn’t count how many plays that Dillon was hit behind the LOS by the defense. Yeah, he should be able to navigate some of that. But the run blocking must improve too.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

A few comments in hindsight of the game.

1. Da Bears suck. How can they act like the wind was totally sucked out of their sails in the THIRD quarter? That is mostly on coaching, I think. But anyhow, da Bears suck.

2. MLF and staff made adjustments. I loved the bootleg throw to Jones too. Excellent call and it would’ve been a good gainer if jones had been tackled quickly anyhow. The one snafu looked like the end of the first half wasn’t managed well. Otherwise, they had creative plays for Reed and Musgrave. They used our OLine well too.

3. Savage. Have to admit it, he played well. He showed explosiveness and confidence. He aggressed against the running game. I don’t know what he did in passing game, but I am hoping this is a trend.

4. Musgrave. Give this kid dancing lessons or something to keep him on his feet! Lol. Otherwise, a great coming out.

5. Wyatt! I think I was more impressed with him than anybody on D. He was super motivated, penetrated on passing downs, chased down runners, and set the tone.

6. Pressure on the QB. Did we have more pressures than any other team yesterday? Excellent!

7. LVN showed on the sack of Fields why he was a 1st round pick. You just can’t find more than 3 people on the planet earth at 270 pounds that can move like that, show the maturity to stay parallel to the LOS (instead of going further into the backfield), and sacking a QB who is excellent in open spaces.

8. Jones. This guy shows why he is important to our offense. I can believe that MLF had to feel that he “fixed” the 2RB packages that really never worked last year. Hoping he learned and won’t go there again! Showtyme33 is amazing.

9. Reed. At times he looked very much like a rookie. At other times, he showed ability to find open spaces and have explosiveness. I’m really jacked about what he can do, if he will work on the contested catches.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Mike Wahle with some pointers about blocking in the game.

My favorite thing: A Bears WR has already given up on blocking for his teammates by the first game. I mean, that's so rotten, and employing him at the risk to his teammates is soooo bad.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 15:43
Mike Wahle with some pointers about blocking in the game.

My favorite thing: A Bears WR has already given up on blocking for his teammates by the first game. I mean, that's so rotten, and employing him at the risk to his teammates is soooo bad.

So glad we didn't give up a 2nd for him. Thanks Bears!
RIP JustJeff

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

I watched the late. I had an important meeting - on the golf course. 🙂

What a fantastic win! Buckle up your safety belts and get ready to ride out an exciting season.

There are so many aspects of this game that should excite every Packer fan. Everyone was ready!! A well-constructed plan was executed with maximum efficiency.

👏👏👏
GO PACK GO!!!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Any update on Reed's injury?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
11 Sep 2023 20:02
He was back out on the hands team.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 20:06
wallyuwl wrote:
11 Sep 2023 20:02
He was back out on the hands team.
Do we have an official count on how many times he lost his helmet? Was it 2 or 3? Maybe it was more. We need to get him a better chin strap or something!
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One quick note about Justin Fields. I think he’s in a really rough spot.

I know that we heaped a load of pressure on him on Sunday. A lot of that is that, I hope, the Packers do have a good pass rush. The other part is that da Bear OLine isn’t what it needs to be. One game never tells it all. But Fields didn’t have enough time to show if he’s improving as a passer. His running ability is unquestioned.

His targets for passing aren’t great. Moore is good, or very good. But what else does Fields have? A bunch of guys. Not much from TE either.

I know Fields will still have his moments this year. But da Bears really suck and Fields is going to suffer for it. Who knows if they stick with him into next year while they try to continue building their team. I actually feel bad for the kid.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Sep 2023 10:01
One quick note about Justin Fields. I think he’s in a really rough spot.

I know that we heaped a load of pressure on him on Sunday. A lot of that is that, I hope, the Packers do have a good pass rush. The other part is that da Bear OLine isn’t what it needs to be. One game never tells it all. But Fields didn’t have enough time to show if he’s improving as a passer. His running ability is unquestioned.

His targets for passing aren’t great. Moore is good, or very good. But what else does Fields have? A bunch of guys. Not much from TE either.

I know Fields will still have his moments this year. But da Bears really suck and Fields is going to suffer for it. Who knows if they stick with him into next year while they try to continue building their team. I actually feel bad for the kid.
Honestly I think if Fields had a year on the bench in a competent organization and was developed responsibly, he'd be very good.

I don't know if his recognition and processing would speed up to the level it needs to because in year 3 it's still slow. But that's something you can't know until he's in an offense that he knows like the back of his hand and is comfortable in, and the team has never let him be comfortable and he's changed scheme once already in his 3 years.

In the first half, he looked better than Love did, but was just on a worse team with a worse OL facing a better defense. In the second half, he didn't do his part regardless of the supporting cast. And Love played a lot better for us. But I did not watch that game and think "Fields is garbage." I watched the game and thought "The Bears have failed yet another QB, probably irreparably so"

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rewatching the game.

My gawd. The Bears left tackle #70 false started roughly every other snap the 1st quarter and the refs never called it. Like it was obvious. Thought it was egregious live and now just laughable watching the replay.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oh and the holding too!!

Good lord. lol. The Bears were so bad. They were lucky to score the first 3 points because 3 penalties should have been called and Chicago would have had no chance scoring.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.