Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2022 21:00
Acrobat wrote:
25 Apr 2022 18:35
Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2022 17:02
most championship teams have had an "enforcer" or someone that makes you wonder if they are about to chop your legs out from under you. Its good to have the other team thinking about those things. Most of the time that player is respected or feared. Not chastised like Grayson Allen is. People only feel free to take shots at grayson and hate him because he looks like ted cruz.
&%$@ you’re right. Dammit why did you point this out!? 🤣
lol its true.

Every other dirty player is oddly respected if they win, like Grayson wins.
I think it's a Duke thing too, which I've never really understood.

Regarding our bench, when Middleton comes back and if Grayson can stay hot, this is huge because other than Bobby, we didn't really have anyone last year that could come off the bench and consistently start draining threes. This team at full strength is better than last year's Bucks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Apr 2022 08:51
This team at full strength is better than last year's Bucks.
Nah, I don't see it. I just can't discount what PJ Tucker meant to last year's team. I do agree that their backcourt is better and can shoot better than last year's team, but I also think Donte being out really hurt the overall perception of last year's group.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
26 Apr 2022 09:26
Acrobat wrote:
26 Apr 2022 08:51
This team at full strength is better than last year's Bucks.
Nah, I don't see it. I just can't discount what PJ Tucker meant to last year's team. I do agree that their backcourt is better and can shoot better than last year's team, but I also think Donte being out really hurt the overall perception of last year's group.
One thing I take in consideration in addition to Grayson is that believe it or not, Giannis has improved his game...by a lot. His free throw shooting is no longer a liability and has added more shots to his game. Jrue Holiday also had a horrendous playoffs from an offensive standpoint last year. He is now on. Definitely miss what Tucker gave us but I think the Bucks have made up for that in additional offense, and it will really be apparent when we play against better defenses in the upcoming rounds.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

LaVine entered the health and safety protocols. That won't help the Bulls not having him.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I could just watch Steph Curry shoot 3’s all day. Just one of the prettiest thing in sports.

$%@# the Celtics

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Celtics series should be a damn good series. I like the winner to represent the East in the finals.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:cry:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
28 Apr 2022 07:27
They kind of have a nice little rotation going now. This might actually work out better than trying to cram Middleton back into things. He has really cooled off with his shooting down the stretch. I like how Grayson played in that Chicago series, not only as a shooter, but his ability to attack the rim created a lot of offense. They will definitely miss Middleton's length and defense against Boston. Should be a fun series. I definitely think they need to steal one of the first two.

Read More. Post Less.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
28 Apr 2022 08:15
paco wrote:
28 Apr 2022 07:27
They kind of have a nice little rotation going now. This might actually work out better than trying to cram Middleton back into things. He has really cooled off with his shooting down the stretch. I like how Grayson played in that Chicago series, not only as a shooter, but his ability to attack the rim created a lot of offense. They will definitely miss Middleton's length and defense against Boston. Should be a fun series. I definitely think they need to steal one of the first two.
I would agree with u if the bucks were playing the bulls again. The nice little rotation might not work in this series. Celtics are a completely different animal.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
29 Apr 2022 18:02
I would agree with u if the bucks were playing the bulls again. The nice little rotation might not work in this series. Celtics are a completely different animal.
Game 1. Advantage. Bucks.

Read More. Post Less.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
01 May 2022 14:54
Realist wrote:
29 Apr 2022 18:02
Game 1. Advantage. Bucks.
The Greek dude is amazing. I wish more superstars would stay in small markets. Mad respect for that guy.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2022 16:00
They didn't.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

My large concern is the way they are defending Giannis. I still think the Bucks have enough to win because the Celtics aren't going to continue to shoot historically well from the 3 point line. But this is definitely something to watch.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
04 May 2022 14:45
My large concern is the way they are defending Giannis. I still think the Bucks have enough to win because the Celtics aren't going to continue to shoot historically well from the 3 point line. But this is definitely something to watch.
I like the fact that on Sunday, 3% was 35.3% us vs 36.0% them, and we beat them soundly.

Tuesday, we were 16.7% on 3's and they were 46.5%, neither of which are sustainable, and they beat us (obviously off that stat) soundly.

Little regression to the mean on both sides, like where that is leaving us.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2022 16:56
Acrobat wrote:
04 May 2022 14:45
I like the fact that on Sunday, 3% was 35.3% us vs 36.0% them, and we beat them soundly.

Tuesday, we were 16.7% on 3's and they were 46.5%, neither of which are sustainable, and they beat us (obviously off that stat) soundly.

Little regression to the mean on both sides, like where that is leaving us.
Agreed. And Giannis should find his rhythm too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

yeah celtics showed they have some fight in them. Good for them. I thought after game one, the Cs might have just been overrated after whipping the Nets. Game 3 will be huge.

#BucksIn6
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Just heard a Stat on the radio that the Bucks give up the most wide open 3's in the league at 20 a game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
07 May 2022 13:34
Just heard a Stat on the radio that the Bucks give up the most wide open 3's in the league at 20 a game.
It’s defensive strategy. What that stat doesn’t tell you is the Bucks are really good at letting the guy they want to shoot get that look and not the guy/s the opponent would prefer.

Read More. Post Less.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
07 May 2022 15:52
Realist wrote:
07 May 2022 13:34
It’s defensive strategy. What that stat doesn’t tell you is the Bucks are really good at letting the guy they want to shoot get that look and not the guy/s the opponent would prefer.
Lol.