Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Packers made it known last offseason they offered Rodgers an extension making him the "highest paid". Who knows what it looks like, but Mahomes is at $46M average? $50M isn't unheard of and you can structure it a few ways.

But if this is coming from Rodgers crap, his comments about it not being about money are out the window.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:15
Packers made it known last offseason they offered Rodgers an extension making him the "highest paid". Who knows what it looks like, but Mahomes is at $46M average? $50M isn't unheard of and you can structure it a few ways.
It would be, Mahomes $45 million average over 12 years will probably have like an average salary cap over that length of like 250-275 million.

Aaron's 50 million over two years would have average salary caps of like 215 million.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Just one possible scenario, but easy to see how the numbers add up quickly.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

If Rodgers really does cuck the 'org to the tune of $50M (for no recent Lombardis) then we will deserve our fate and have only ourselves to blame for it. Like, I will literally LOL at our leadership if they do that...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:28
If Rodgers really does cuck the 'org to the tune of $50M (for no recent Lombardis) then we will deserve our fate and have only ourselves to blame for it. Like, I will literally LOL at our leadership if they do that...
Yeah, no way to do that and field a competitive team. I am one who wants AR back but not at anywhere near that salary.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Guess those rumors flouting around GB that Rodgers would do a home team discount where started by the same guy that said we signed Marshawn Lynch years ago :lol:

We would have to let so many players go to keep Rodgers, I don't know how this could possibly help this team stay in contention, obviously the goal would be to keep Adams as well, so thats roughly 80 mil. annual for two players, thats almost half the cap :thwap: this girl is dreaming if she thinks Gute would do that.

I wonder how many teams are kicking dead money into the future? this doesn't seem sustainable to me, time to put in some positional pay roll ceilings imho.

I guess ya pay a Patrick Mahomes 45 mil. because fans will come to watch and buy his jersey's, but we don't need to worry about that, fans will keep coming, and buying out the pro shop no matter who is throwing the ball for us, when it comes to contract cost possibility's I leave that up to some of you here, but I don't see any way to pay these two and still keep this defense intact or even close to it.

I guess money is what convinces everyone your the best, and being rated higher based on stats then everyone else is suppose to convince everyone the money is warranted, but as most here have said, he has under performed in the last 2 PO games, so he should accept those short comings and actually pay some money back , urrrrrrr .

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2022 15:15
Guess those rumors flouting around GB that Rodgers would do a home team discount where started by the same guy that said we signed Marshawn Lynch years ago :lol:

We would have to let so many players go to keep Rodgers, I don't know how this could possibly help this team stay in contention, obviously the goal would be to keep Adams as well, so thats roughly 80 mil. annual for two players, thats almost half the cap :thwap: this girl is dreaming if she thinks Gute would do that.

I wonder how many teams are kicking dead money into the future? this doesn't seem sustainable to me, time to put in some positional pay roll ceilings imho.

I guess ya pay a Patrick Mahomes 45 mil. because fans will come to watch and buy his jersey's, but we don't need to worry about that, fans will keep coming, and buying out the pro shop no matter who is throwing the ball for us, when it comes to contract cost possibility's I leave that up to some of you here, but I don't see any way to pay these two and still keep this defense intact or even close to it.

I guess money is what convinces everyone your the best, and being rated higher based on stats then everyone else is suppose to convince everyone the money is warranted, but as most here have said, he has under performed in the last 2 PO games, so he should accept those short comings and actually pay some money back , urrrrrrr .
I don't think we need to regulate positional spending.

Stupid teams will just simply pay the price.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:28
Yeah, if they pay Rodgers 50m a year, one might say the shows they are scared to go forward without him. So scared they will pay him an amount that will nuke the rest of the roster, all for a basically guaranteed trip to the division round.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

If the Packers pay Arod $50 mil a year than Murphy should fire Gute, Russ Ball, and then himself.
Love is the answer…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Foosball wrote:
24 Feb 2022 20:21
If the Packers pay Arod $50 mil a year than Murphy should fire Gute, Russ Ball, and then himself.
Won't get any argument from me. I wanted them (+ McCoach) jettisoned several weeks ago once I realized that Rodgers is not the problem.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Is it possible to do a contract in which you are paid a percentage of the cap?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

To the Packers, "Just say NO!"

Trade 12 and get some picks. PLEASE.

Not willing to forego all of the veterans that we have for the sake of one player, even the QB. Build the D and get the O running well enough. Take your shot with that, instead of the guy who has faded in January for how many years now.

It isn't that the 2-consecutive-years-MVP doesn't "deserve" to be highest paid. The question is why our team would sacrifice so much to pay him. MLF and Guty make it clear that their opinion is that 12 is their one and best chance at the Super Bowl. I just don't agree that there's a reasonable chance that we make it with him. He had the table set for this past year and failed badly.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
25 Feb 2022 02:21
Absolutely. No player has ever successfully made the case to be paid as such. Which is kind of interesting. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the player to push through in 2018 and actually took heat for not getting a deal done that paid him this way from many in the media (of course, led by Florio).

Can you imagine, if Aaron had signed that deal, and then the pandemic hit? Forced pay cut for the MVP. That could have made for an uglier offseason than the one we had in reality.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
25 Feb 2022 06:20
bud fox wrote:
25 Feb 2022 02:21
Absolutely. No player has ever successfully made the case to be paid as such. Which is kind of interesting. Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the player to push through in 2018 and actually took heat for not getting a deal done that paid him this way from many in the media (of course, led by Florio).

Can you imagine, if Aaron had signed that deal, and then the pandemic hit? Forced pay cut for the MVP. That could have made for an uglier offseason than the one we had in reality.
Actually, I believe salary tied to % of cap was one of a Florio’s smarter than thou quests he goes on and pushes. I think Aaron was in a position to do something unique like Kirk did with his contract, by surprised he did such a plane Jane 4 year extension.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sounds like there is a lot of folks taking the $50M/Yr tweet by that relatively unknown ESPN reporter (albeit she's hot, I'll give her that) as "real" reporting. Yeah, OK. I don't buy that this gal has any more insight regarding Rodgers contract demands than any one of us.

Rodgers is no fool. He knows what effect a $50m/yr demand would have on the players around him. The same players of which he has competing roster demands. He's not in the same category as, say, Mahomes where the cost can be spread over a 10 year contract. A short-term $50M/yr deal would blow this roster up.

Her tweet is guess work. It did induce what I believe to be her desired effect, though: an image search. And to that I say :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
25 Feb 2022 07:22
Sounds like there is a lot of folks taking the $50M/Yr tweet by that relatively unknown ESPN reporter (albeit she's hot, I'll give her that) as "real" reporting. Yeah, OK. I don't buy that this gal has any more insight regarding Rodgers contract demands than any one of us.

Rodgers is no fool. He knows what effect a $50m/yr demand would have on the players around him. The same players of which he has competing roster demands. He's not in the same category as, say, Mahomes where the cost can be spread over a 10 year contract. A short-term $50M/yr deal would blow this roster up.

Her tweet is guess work. It did induce what I believe to be her desired effect, though: an image search. And to that I say :aok:
I heard Rodgers wants $75 million base salary. :lol:

Yeah I've been posting a lot less because there just isn't much to say.

Everything that needed to be hashed has been largely hashed. It will be interesting to see the route management and Rodgers goes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

dianna very well may be wrong, but shes a real reporter that has some respect.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Hey, at least this report got Greg Jennings doing what he does best, slamming Aaron Rodgers on First Things First this morning. Didn't take a Tyler Dunne article this time so he's moving up in the world.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Feb 2022 08:06
dianna very well may be wrong, but shes a real reporter that has some respect.
why should she deserve respect? because as APB attest, she passes the eye test? that to me doesn't qualify her, she's a media person hired by ESPN because she's a good looking female and has a graduate degree, if she was ugly she'd be selling something besides gossip :idn:

any ten yr old can come to the conclusion that a recent 2 time MVP deserves to be the highest paid player in the league, that is until ya figure in age and his accomplishments in post season games, where Rodgers hasn't done to well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Feb 2022 16:50
Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2022 15:15

I don't think we need to regulate positional spending.

Stupid teams will just simply pay the price.
most GM's would do what a lot of people think Gute may do, pay whatever it takes to keep a QB like Rodgers around, putting a cap limit on positions would make it easier to keep these Rodgers types and also trickle more money down to less fortunate players, that the NFLPA doesn't try harder to get something like this going just shows how corrupted they are.