2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Andy's recent video on Williams totally sold me on him.

But it also makes me doubt that very many teams in the Top-15 or even -10 will pass up on a gamebreaking talent at WR just because he's going to miss a little time early in his rookie year. My bet is we won't even sniff him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Apr 2022 08:41

But it also makes me doubt that very many teams in the Top-15 or even -10 will pass up on a gamebreaking talent at WR just because he's going to miss a little time early in his rookie year. My bet is we won't even sniff him.
I wish we'd sticky some topics, I've been looking for 10 minutes to find the Andy Herman vids on the WR's NCF brought, those must have fallen quite a bit on the topic they where brought to, and we do so much listening to Herman the guy should have a sticky of his own.

I said from the beginning that these 5 or 6 top wideouts would go high, they may not meet all the physical requirements people would rather have, but teams will adjust there offense some to accommodate for those discrepancies, for instance, Olave isn't the only one of this bunch that doesn't like to block or have a good grade doing it, none do :lol: there a bunch of none blockers, obviously there college teams couldn't care less if these guys showed any willingness to do it, like the NFL teams that will draft these guys, the main priority is simply to throw them the ball and ask others with less talent to do the blocking

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
15 Apr 2022 09:26
Labrev wrote:
15 Apr 2022 08:41

I wish we'd sticky some topics, I've been looking for 10 minutes to find the Andy Herman vids on the WR's NCF brought, those must have fallen quite a bit on the topic they where brought to, and we do so much listening to Herman the guy should have a sticky of his own.
Speaking of his videos, Christian Watson comes across as basically a poor man's Jameson Williams.

Watson can also block competently. He is definitely feeling more and more like the pick at 22.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
15 Apr 2022 08:16
In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.

3 incidents in 2020, now another verbal altercation last week, who wouldn't want to investigate this player more before spending a first round pick on him, Glad Gute brought him in for a sit down.
Doesn't it strike you as peculiar or convenient that these "unnamed sources" stories about expected high draft pick players always seem to come up this time of year? Especially after you just said this when talking about Jameson Williams:
it's the insane lead up to the draft, all kinds of rumors get spread, mock drafts are beyond idiotic, players that have no way of being taken in certain slots get mocked there, any past legal issues, fights, or problems are brought up to devalue prospects, next week at this time things will be back to normal, happens every year.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:06
Yoop wrote:
In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.

3 incidents in 2020, now another verbal altercation last week, who wouldn't want to investigate this player more before spending a first round pick on him, Glad Gute brought him in for a sit down.
Doesn't it strike you as peculiar or convenient that these "unnamed sources" stories about expected high draft pick players always seem to come up this time of year? Especially after you just said this when talking about Jameson Williams:
it's the insane lead up to the draft, all kinds of rumors get spread, mock drafts are beyond idiotic, players that have no way of being taken in certain slots get mocked there, any past legal issues, fights, or problems are brought up to devalue prospects, next week at this time things will be back to normal, happens every year.
The timing of a news break doesn't dispute its credibility by rule, though. Someone may leak very true information for nefarious purposes at just the right time. Doing it before the draft actually hits but after most of the interviews and visits are over is a good way to limit the amount other teams can follow up.

You can't just simply dismiss info just because it was conveniently timed. Like Lael Collins really did smoke pot through a gas mask. That the video leaked the day before the draft didn't make it untrue, just maximally damaging.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:10
You can't just simply dismiss info just because it was conveniently timed. Like Lael Collins really did smoke pot through a gas mask. That the video leaked the day before the draft didn't make it untrue, just maximally damaging.
Well sure. But I tend to take actual video of incriminating acts much more serious than simple "unnamed sources" rumors that surface at this time of year.

It's not like domestic violence cases - three of them - get easily swept under the rug. I think that's especially true since his other less damning misdemeanor charges from the other incident were publicly investigated and charged.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] Laremy Tunsil
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
14 Apr 2022 15:45
BF004 wrote:
14 Apr 2022 15:30
NCF wrote:
14 Apr 2022 15:22

That must be the HaHa Draft. Had the fold-up table out in the living in Manty. :lol:
Yep, packers pick coming up. 3 more.

Packers bout to reach for HaHa.
Yes, my opinion of a reach. As we are not privy to such knowledge to call such a thing a fact.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:06
Yoop wrote:

well no, as I said the name of this game a week or so leading up to the draft is chaos, the more confusion the better, the more players that need investigation, the more complicated the process becomes, Gm's and scouts have to double and triple check grades on players, when someone like Mel KIper does a mock slotting a player with tons of question marks a full round higher, GM's take notice, Not so much because KIper is well known, rather because play grades don't align with workout grades, so the why not question has to be rehashed.

I mean who here doesn't think teams use back door channels to start rumors in order to gain some sort of advantage, periodically we read it happens with agents, or someone connected to a player, are we so gullible to think just because they where caught that team owners must not do it, hell there the worst parasites in the petri dish.

If I can raise enough question marks surrounding Wyatt, the few teams in front of me that wants a DT may decide to pass, and I win, I freaking win :rotf: nothing new about the SMEAR campaign :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
15 Apr 2022 14:50
NCF wrote:
14 Apr 2022 15:45
BF004 wrote:
14 Apr 2022 15:30

Yep, packers pick coming up. 3 more.

Packers bout to reach for HaHa.
Yes, my opinion of a reach. As we are not privy to such knowledge to call such a thing a fact.
HHCD= BJ Raji, imo, both decided playing 95% ball was good enough, both showed excellent ability nearly instantly, well schooled at the position they played, within 3 years effort decline was apparent, imho it had to do with complacency with there positional tasking, BJ hated two gapping, and Dix, well who knows, I expect he didn't like single high, but I don't remember anyone calling him a reach, he wasn't the only player to quit on Capers those last few years, whatever, two high picks that didn't last.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hehe, we drafted a LB out of Minnesota in the 2nd round of the 1978 draft by the name of Mike Hunt.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I’m not a Watson guy. To me, he is a project much like MVS. He is not a great route runner and he drops too many balls. So not much value if the Packers take him in the 1st or 2nd.

Also, the Packers just signed Watkins so there names sound similar which will confuse my wife. Then I’ll have to explain who is who all the time. Thank goodness for the pause button.

I like;
Wilson - won’t be on the board
Olave - won’t be on the board
Burks - may have to trade up
Pickens - should be available

Later in the draft Kevin Austin

I didn’t include Williams because the Packers are in a pickle. They need to win now.
Love is the answer…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Apr 2022 19:43
Hehe, we drafted a LB out of Minnesota in the 2nd round of the 1978 draft by the name of Mike Hunt.
:bkw:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Yoop wrote:
15 Apr 2022 16:50
HHCD= BJ Raji, imo, both decided playing 95% ball was good enough, both showed excellent ability nearly instantly, well schooled at the position they played, within 3 years effort decline was apparent, imho it had to do with complacency with there positional tasking, BJ hated two gapping, and Dix, well who knows, I expect he didn't like single high, but I don't remember anyone calling him a reach, he wasn't the only player to quit on Capers those last few years, whatever, two high picks that didn't last.
Big difference between Raji and Haha was Raji was a physical freak that could be the best in the league if he gave it his all, Haha was a borderline athlete that got by with superior instincts.

Some consider a DB unable to run faster than 4.6 undraftable in the first round.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Waldo wrote:
15 Apr 2022 20:37
Yoop wrote:
Big difference between Raji and Haha was Raji was a physical freak that could be the best in the league if he gave it his all, Haha was a borderline athlete that got by with superior instincts.

Some consider a DB unable to run faster than 4.6 undraftable in the first round.
Not sure what the convo is about but Dix can never be associated with the word superior.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
15 Apr 2022 20:37
Yoop wrote:

Raji was a freak athlete that also showed it briefly before he got lazy.

Haha was scared of contact from day one but had a cool name and was popular in college.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Still remember this game...I was there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikinga ... ek-16/amp/
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

What should be very interesting about this upcoming draft is we all know some goofy GM or 2 is gonna pick some player from way out of left field so good players will drop farther than what the 'experts' believe.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So I’ve been out of the loop past few days.

Anything at all to report from Drake London’s pro day?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
18 Apr 2022 07:57
So I’ve been out of the loop past few days.

Anything at all to report from Drake London’s pro day?
not really, according to this he didn't work out, just validated his physical dimensions, and told everyone he'll be ready to play when the season starts, any questions, watch my game films.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft/ ... ns-pro-day

imo like Williams teams will confide with medical opinion and both will be gone top 15, both have gobs of what teams want, wish they would drop. but just dont see that happening, as usual half the league is looking for a WR.