Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Apr 2022 16:18
Captain_Ben wrote:
05 Apr 2022 17:41
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Apr 2022 14:14

I like Tiger. Best golfer ever and brought excitement to the sport when it desperately needed it. The cabal tried to take him out but unlike with Kobe they failed, now he is back.
What do you mean by this?
I will pm you next couple days
I’d be interested to read about a conspiracy to end Kobe. I am quite familiar with his accident and my curiosity is piqued.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Everyone welcome BowwowF004 to the pH fam.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The Exclusive Company is closing all its stores. :cry: I swung by the one in Janesville twice now while closing and stocked up on a few lp's. Wouldn't mind swinging by Greendale's too, but I've never shopped there. Seems vulture-y to pick at the carcass of a place I've never been.

Used to frequent the one on the west side of Madison when I was a kid. Was always a fan of that place. It's a shame to keep seeing independent record stores closing. You see new ones pop up from time to time. The West Bend store is being taken over by a new one. There's a few in Milwaukee I like and went to a great one in Minneapolis. Wish I had the money to be able to spend more and go more frequently.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2022 10:52
The Exclusive Company is closing all its stores. :cry: I swung by the one in Janesville twice now while closing and stocked up on a few lp's. Wouldn't mind swinging by Greendale's too, but I've never shopped there. Seems vulture-y to pick at the carcass of a place I've never been.

Used to frequent the one on the west side of Madison when I was a kid. Was always a fan of that place. It's a shame to keep seeing independent record stores closing. You see new ones pop up from time to time. The West Bend store is being taken over by a new one. There's a few in Milwaukee I like and went to a great one in Minneapolis. Wish I had the money to be able to spend more and go more frequently.
I always liked their radio jingle.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2022 10:52

I loved going to the one in Green Bay. Guy had everything that you wanted. If he didn't have it, he'd be sure to get it on the next truck coming. That and they would team up with The Lyric Room to get all the local guys who didn't get as much playing time. Once I saw The Queers headlining there who were awesome, they were backed by The Jetty Boys from Sheboygan and Holy &%$@.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I have shopped there in the past a bit. Will have to stop by, could maybe use a new car stereo for the wife's car and turntable/ receiver in the living room.

Are the closeout deals any good?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Apr 2022 14:25
I have shopped there in the past a bit. Will have to stop by, could maybe use a new car stereo for the wife's car and turntable/ receiver in the living room.

Are the closeout deals any good?
My first visit was up to 50% off, I got most things around 30%. Final days here everything was 50% off.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote: I swung by the one in Janesville twice now
How far are you from Janesville? I go to the Janesville airport to drop off/pick up helicopters several times a year. My company contracts with a helicopter repair facility there.

I’d love to meet for a beer or six some time.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
08 Apr 2022 18:49
How far are you from Janesville? I go to the Janesville airport to drop off/pick up helicopters several times a year. My company contracts with a helicopter repair facility there.

Not far at all, as I live IN Janesville. Let me know when you are in town sometime. Always good to have another excuse to have a beer! :beer2:

I'm actually not too familiar with the bars here, not much of a bar goer. But The Drafthouse is good for expensive food and drinks, but they have a decent craft beer list. For more of a bar The Looking Glass is one of the better places, again good tap list good food, and good people too. Otherwise, we like Rock County Brewing Company. Brewery downtown that always makes good stuff.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
08 Apr 2022 21:30
APB wrote:
08 Apr 2022 18:49

Not far at all, as I live IN Janesville. Let me know when you are in town sometime. Always good to have another excuse to have a beer! :beer2:

I'm actually not too familiar with the bars here, not much of a bar goer. But The Drafthouse is good for expensive food and drinks, but they have a decent craft beer list. For more of a bar The Looking Glass is one of the better places, again good tap list good food, and good people too. Otherwise, we like Rock County Brewing Company. Brewery downtown that always makes good stuff.
When the time comes, I'll leave it to your discretion. And remember, I'll be on per diem. Drinks are on big brother! :aok:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Went to The Exclusive Co yesterday. 25% off MSRP for most things with cables and other high margin items 50% off. Only looked at home and car audio, not records. Not enough discount to be worth buying over Best Buy or Crutchfield considering all sales final and no financing options. Costco has really good prices on receivers that are the same as others buy maybe under a different model number, will probably get a new one there.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I love TB12

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
14 Apr 2022 17:21

I love TB12
I agree, not much not to like.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

All I want to do is strangle my wife so she stops chewing.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
21 Apr 2022 20:54
I'm always up for a Paco story. :D

*their

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Trudge wrote:
21 Apr 2022 20:58
paco wrote:
21 Apr 2022 20:54
I'm always up for a Paco story. :D
The older I get, the worse my misophonia gets. It gets harder and harder for me to be around people eating. The sounds just drive me nuts.

But my wife is a top 5 or 10 for me. And she just poumded a box of wheat thins.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Paco needs some immersion therapy. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
21 Apr 2022 21:12
Paco needs some immersion therapy. :lol:

That was Easter with my wife's family.

BTW, love me some Mandy Moore.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

$44 billion Elon.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Can't believe it. Still above $200bn too.

*their