Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2023 17:50
Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 17:36
Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2023 17:26
That's not where you throw it in there situation.
do you even read what your responding to?

you can easily see why the ball went where it did, put down the bottle
Again, that's not where you throw in that situation. You throw shallow to intermediate middle. Not to the guy doubles teamed by the single high safety.
thats horse manure and you know it, Watson was the #1 read, that is freaking obvious unless your trying to twist this up as your doing now, and if you look it's obvious that Lazard isn't any more open then Watson, which matters none because Rodgers had no time to progress from the #1 read to #2, your just trying to add more blame on Rodgers for this loss as you always do, the defense stunk, the ST's just as bad, same with the OL
ya better get use to having Rodgers back next season, cause most of our problems this season don't revolve around him, you have refused to accept that pissy pass pro is a huge problem for any QB, and lack of receiver talent makes that ten times worse, that stuff made Rodgers look at lot worse then he actually is, I can't believe a person as into this game as you seem to be would deny that, you've had a agenda all season to be super critical of Rodgers and over look all these other problems as though they shouldn't matter, when you know that they do, you could have brought in any other QB and you would have seen just about the same results.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nope, that's football and I know it. Pretty basic football actually. Attack where a blitz came from. In this case it was a double ILB blitz cover 1 with man underneath. That means attack the middle of the field. Anticipate Lazard coming open and throw to that spot. The blitz dictates first read should be Lazard, his route should be the hot route.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 11 Jan 2023 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, Lazard was definitely open; pause and hold at 11:10 that's Lazard streaking across the first-down line.

He's not as astonishingly uncovered as the play against SanFran, but he has plenty of separation for an easy pitch-and-catch.

Apart from making the exact same bad decision as the SanFran game... WHY OH WHY is he throwing a low-percentage throw on 3rd-and-10 in a must-score situation??? :bkw:

Anyway, thanks for making me go back and watch, and relive that dagger play. :evil:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That's the other thing that was irritating. Throwing passes up the seam is how you beat Cover-2. Rodgers's stubbornness in throwing in his comfort zone (near the sidelines) and eschewing passes over the middle of the field is literally costing us our whole seasons.

And I really think it's for no other reason than him not wanting to get his passes tipped at the line and intercepted.

When Love played in relief it was like... wow, a whole half of the field just opened up to us, solely because he bothered to throw a slant.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2023 21:01
That's the other thing that was irritating. Throwing passes up the seam is how you beat Cover-2. Rodgers's stubbornness in throwing in his comfort zone (near the sidelines) and eschewing passes over the middle of the field is literally costing us our whole seasons.

And I really think it's for no other reason than him not wanting to get his passes tipped at the line and intercepted.

When Love played in relief it was like... wow, a whole half of the field just opened up to us, solely because he bothered to throw a slant.
Jordan Love's 2 drives was the most enjoyable football of the season. Everything was in rhythm. It was very enjoyable to watch.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 17:59
Labrev wrote:
11 Jan 2023 17:39
Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2023 16:44
there is no way Rodgers had time to look for Lazard,
When you say that Rodgers needed time to "look" for Lazard, you are saying that like he needed time in addition to the time he was given before he threw it, as if to say he would have THEN looked at Lazard and "found" him open.

What you are not getting is, he didn't NEED extra time to "see" Lazard was open. He didn't need to "scan" all around the field in the first place.

All he needed to *know* that Lazard was open, before he saw it with his eyes, was the call (which he knew before the snap) and the defense's coverage (which one can usually tell before the snap or within a second after snapping).

The problem is he was looking for the wrong guy (Watson) first. And then yeah, the pressure got to him so he just went where he was looking.

But that's exactly why he should have looked for Lazard first knowing what happened last time (a.k.a. EXPERIENCE) rather than locking onto his favorite WR like a rookie QB. Isn't that the whole point of having an old, experienced Rodgers over a young gun like Love? :messedup:

And this is Rodgers we are talking about, the guy who famously throws "no look"-passes based off of sheer IQ.

who falls down making a simple cut, twice this season going across the middle was more then his feet could handle, and he kissed the dang tundra.
It really doesn't matter if the WR in question is Allen Lazard or Jefftain Justinson or one of the three stooges from 2018.

We have already run this play before and know which WR is going to be open based on the coverage the Lions were playing.

A QB should base his reads on the play and the coverage, not by going down his list in order of "Best-to-Worst WR on the field." :thwap:

people that have never played this game,
:lol: you're out here defending Rodgers's INT by saying Lazard is bad, as if the correct way to play QB is to just look for the best receiver first, then make every read the "next best" receiver, as opposed to... you know, diagnosing the opposing defense.

btw, I have played padded, tackle football competitively. Unless by "this game" you mean NFL-level football, in which case.... neither have you!! :oops:

Also I hate Madden, haven't played that game since like 2010.
If you bother to look at the play Lazard is no more open then Watson was when Rodger had to decide where to go, he didn't even get a 2 count to decide, you guys are nit picking a play that could have been a score if Rodgers had time to set up, or time to go to his 2nd read, Lazard

like I said ya should have been around for some of Favres meltdowns, Rodger is a real amature when it comes to late game meltdowns
Lol.

Rodgers three interceptable balls on Sunday. One a blatant drop (and not the yoop drop) and another take away due to a penalty that didn't deal with the play at all.

Rodgers was exactly like bad Favre last Sunday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow, from the angles of the camera in these vids it's clear that Rodgers should have done exactly what you guys have said, I was wrong, the higher % throw was to Lazard, didn't get this view from the TV game camera.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This loss to the Lions offers a forecast toward next year. For the most part, this Packer team was healthy and should’ve been prepared for this game against what they knew would be an inspired team. The coaching staff looks like it’ll remain intact. The starting QB will return. The OLine seems to be content with whatever it is. The D is what it is, whatever that is. And so on.

I don’t want to be a Negative Nelly here, but aside from the young players becoming a year wiser and more experienced, I don’t know what’s going to transform this Packer team into a playoff contender. Are we more like the previous 13-3 (or 13-4) teams, or more like this 8-9 team? I think it’s the latter. And what is going to happen to improve upon that?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2023 11:48
This loss to the Lions offers a forecast toward next year. For the most part, this Packer team was healthy and should’ve been prepared for this game against what they knew would be an inspired team. The coaching staff looks like it’ll remain intact. The starting QB will return. The OLine seems to be content with whatever it is. The D is what it is, whatever that is. And so on.

I don’t want to be a Negative Nelly here, but aside from the young players becoming a year wiser and more experienced, I don’t know what’s going to transform this Packer team into a playoff contender. Are we more like the previous 13-3 (or 13-4) teams, or more like this 8-9 team? I think it’s the latter. And what is going to happen to improve upon that?
Standing for 4 quarters and adequately making noise when it mattered was little or no use. Goff never really got rattled when getting rattled may have mattered. Jamaal Williams played like a seasoned veteran on a mission. Nothing will happen to improve the Packers other than the stars coming back healthy and ready for another season, and seeing the coaching staff transform its pitiful self into a dynamic intelligent consistent group of coaches and coordinators. We've got a return game now (finally). It's the coaching that let us down this past season. Lack of preparation and killer instinct.
Oh...and LaCoach forgot to hire he needed to hire a psych pro to keep Walker #7 on the field.