Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Random thought - I guess the rumors of the Packers unveiling a white helmet were false. Haven't seen anything else about this.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Royce Newman reduced his base salary to $1.25 million and converted $1 million into per-game roster bonuses, lowering his salary cap number to $2.37 million this season. Was set to make $3.1 million in 2024 after earning the NFL’s proven performance escalator during his first three seasons.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like Tom won't be on the field until after Family Night, if all goes well.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Jul 2024 11:04
Random thought - I guess the rumors of the Packers unveiling a white helmet were false. Haven't seen anything else about this.
Thankfully sometimes dumb ideas stay dumb. :clap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Sure hope Josh Jacobs is ready to contribute big time for the whole 17 games. His 3.5 Yards per Rush stat from 2023 is not indicative of a confidence builder going in to 2024. But then again he's got 3 1,000 yard seasons under his belt and a 4.2 Yards per Rush career stat. Let's see what happens with Jacobs. I'm sure we'll all be watching how Aaron Jones fares in Minnesota. Gutey keeps being Gutey. :messedup:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I think Jacobs is a fine addition. He's not Jones, but Jones isn't Jacobs either. Both very good in slightly different ways IMO. I'd be happy to have either on offense.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think Jacobs will do very well in this offense. Outside of last season he’s never had any durability concerns before and the Raiders were just a disaster all around last season.

We might have lost some explosiveness but I think we added to availability and consistency on a down to down and drive to drive basis where with Jones you have to be aware of his snap count.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

musclestang wrote:
27 Jul 2024 07:54
I think Jacobs is a fine addition. He's not Jones, but Jones isn't Jacobs either. Both very good in slightly different ways IMO. I'd be happy to have either on offense.
I think the availability plays a role here too.
Aaron Jones was only available for 443 snaps in 2023, averaging 580 snaps over the last 3 years. ( NFL season = approx. 1200 snaps)
Meanwhile Josh Jacobs averages 687 snaps over the last 3 seasons and played over 800 snaps in 2022
MLF will continue to use RB by committee, but you don't want the play-time decisions made for you by injury.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You up, Stokes!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
27 Jul 2024 15:22
You up, Stokes!!
If he’s ever going to show something it’s this year.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Jul 2024 08:52
I think Jacobs will do very well in this offense. Outside of last season he’s never had any durability concerns before and the Raiders were just a disaster all around last season.

We might have lost some explosiveness but I think we added to availability and consistency on a down to down and drive to drive basis where with Jones you have to be aware of his snap count.
...and his fumbles. He seemed to curtail those in 2023. But he also had the penchant to fumble only occasionally but at very important moments. I love the guy 100%. But his fumble against the Niners a couple of years ago took the wind out of our sails.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Jul 2024 14:54
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Jul 2024 08:52

...and his fumbles. He seemed to curtail those in 2023. But he also had the penchant to fumble only occasionally but at very important moments. I love the guy 100%. But his fumble against the Niners a couple of years ago took the wind out of our sails.
And his decision making on long runs. If he doesn't stop running in the Playoffs against SF 2 times, we may win both games.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Don't fall in love with Jeff Hafley. He is going to be an NFL Head Coach and I will honestly not be surprised if it as early as next season. He is so good in the media and has more authenticity then even LaFleur. I really think we are in for huge things on defense this season.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
29 Jul 2024 11:01
Don't fall in love with Jeff Hafley. He is going to be an NFL Head Coach and I will honestly not be surprised if it as early as next season. He is so good in the media and has more authenticity then even LaFleur. I really think we are in for huge things on defense this season.
He is super well spoken but I think we get two years with him as a DC unless he truly makes this a shutdown and top 5 defense. I will wait on my opinion though until the regular season. I still gotta see how these guys play under him. It sounds like theyre practicing harder and getting after the offense but its early and offenses always start behind.

I just hope Hafley develops his coaches under him so that one can just promote in and we dont have our whole staff poached when he goes.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
29 Jul 2024 11:01
Don't fall in love with Jeff Hafley. He is going to be an NFL Head Coach and I will honestly not be surprised if it as early as next season.
I think he sticks around in '25 for the chance to repeat.
That's a really rare opportunity and there will always be another HC opening in the future
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Green Bay Packers have invested (3) first round picks in (3) QBs - Favre, Rodgers, Love

If you total up all of that draft capital its equal to about the 3rd overall pick in a draft.
So for the same amount the jets spent to acquire Sam Darnold, the Packers got all 3 of their QBs and 30 years of exciting football

Pretty impressive :)
IT. IS. TIME

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BSA wrote:
29 Jul 2024 15:22
The Green Bay Packers have invested (3) first round picks in (3) QBs - Favre, Rodgers, Love

If you total up all of that draft capital its equal to about the 3rd overall pick in a draft.
So for the same amount the jets spent to acquire Sam Darnold, the Packers got all 3 of their QBs and 30 years of exciting football

Pretty impressive :)
Yep, when Jordan Love gets traded to the Jets in 2040, I will be turning 60 years old. I was 11 when we acquired Brett Favre. Crazy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Try watching this all the way through without a smug smile.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
29 Jul 2024 18:46
Try watching this all the way through without a smug smile.

Hafley's introduction to hollowed ground :aok: thanks

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jul 2024 10:04
Hafley's introduction to hollowed ground
Love the tailgating comments...Packer fans are the best

One small bummer now- is that the Packers just built an underground parking lot and party zone for the players, so they aren't available post-game like in the past. We used to see them in the players lot partying and having a good time at their post-game tailgate. When my son was young, we'd also watch the players arrive on game day and it was a blast to see all the different vehicles they had. Peppers had a custom stretched BMW sedan, Cobb a custom Mercedes Benz...and then Bulaga shows up... with an old white and rusty Bronco.
Good times, but now its a different scene as they arrive underground. Glad to hear some fans are keeping it rolling

IT. IS. TIME