Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
14 May 2022 11:33
Realist wrote:
14 May 2022 11:23
paco wrote:
13 May 2022 19:15
Celtics making an insane amount of 3s.
I quoted a Stat that the Bucks give up the most wide open 3's at 20 a game.. A poster responded with that is their defensive strategy. Let's hope the Celtics go cold and Giannis can carry the team yet again. The guy has to be exhausted.
Watch a game. It is their strategy. This isn't even up for debate.
Seems like a good strategy. Like I said let's hope Boston gets cold and Giannis doesn't pass out. Game 7 50 50 Imo.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Need a good 2nd half here. Frustrating they run so hot and cold. Celtics are great but play smart and bucks can win

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well this sucks.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Why the hell am I still watching this?
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

4-25 vs 15-37 on 3’s today.

Ouch

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

And I'm done. Giannis missing easy stuff and we leave all their shooters wide open. Haven't learned a thing all series.
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

paco wrote:
15 May 2022 16:42
And I'm done. Giannis missing easy stuff and we leave all their shooters wide open. Haven't learned a thing all series.
Poor coaching and play. Boston will win it all but this was a bad showing again

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
15 May 2022 16:49
paco wrote:
I will say NCF was spot on about the Bucks strategy of not guarding the 3. Not sure how that works but he nailed it for sure.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Very underwhelming last 8 quarters.

Out hustled, out defensed and just out shot.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
15 May 2022 17:01
Backthepack4ever wrote:
15 May 2022 16:49
paco wrote:
I will say NCF was spot on about the Bucks strategy of not guarding the 3. Not sure how that works but he nailed it for sure.
They’ve definitely talked about that for years under coach Bud.

I view it as kind of the equivalent of shutting down the run on D. If you are gunna beat us, it’s gunna be passing, not running.

Now passing and running not really equivalent to 2 point vs 3 point shots, but how I think of it.

Always the right strategy when it works, always a horrible one when you lose.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Would have been a different series had Middleton been healthy. He's always gotten the Bucks through their cold stretches where no one else is hitting shots. He's also good on Defense. That would have prevented some of those awful George Hill minutes too.

With that said, the Bucks benefited from injuries last year. Just part of the game.

This offseason, they need to add some talented youth. Their age really showed as the series went on.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bucks should have paid PJ Tucker.

Although i admit they wouldnt have needed PJ if they had Middleton available. Collosal loss for the team. I think they handle Boston pretty easily with Middleton. I mean it went 7 without him. And hes a really really good player on both ends of court.

Unfortunate.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
16 May 2022 11:10
Bucks should have paid PJ Tucker.

Although i admit they wouldnt have needed PJ if they had Middleton available. Collosal loss for the team. I think they handle Boston pretty easily with Middleton. I mean it went 7 without him. And hes a really really good player on both ends of court.

Unfortunate.
Yep if we hadn't won the whole thing last year, I think I would be more upset by this loss. Ultimately, it's hard to feel too bad when you took a really good Celtics team to 7 games without your 2nd best player. It could feel much worse (Phoenix Suns).

Regroup and retool for next year. Giannis is still getting better which is scary.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Going to be interesting to see who's back and who isn't. Will Bobby opt out? I could see Pat doing so to get a fresh starts elsewhere. I'd like to see Matthews come back on the cheap. Grayson needs to go. Might be time for Lopez too. I don't understand though why he wasn't a bigger part of the offensive plan in the playoffs.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For the "Giannis didn't do enough" crowd... which I know doesn't really exist here.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
16 May 2022 14:21
Going to be interesting to see who's back and who isn't. Will Bobby opt out? I could see Pat doing so to get a fresh starts elsewhere. I'd like to see Matthews come back on the cheap. Grayson needs to go. Might be time for Lopez too. I don't understand though why he wasn't a bigger part of the offensive plan in the playoffs.
Portis loves Milwaukee, if the Bucks want him back, he'll be on the team for sure. I'm good with Allen coming back too. He was brutal against the Celtics, but had a pretty good season overall.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
For the "Giannis didn't do enough" crowd... which I know doesn't really exist here.

He has been quoted as saying he may take a year off. I imagine him as a Packer in every first and goal situation next year. How could he be stopped in a 50 50 jump ball?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
18 May 2022 12:23
He has been quoted as saying he may take a year off. I imagine him as a Packer in every first and goal situation next year. How could he be stopped in a 50 50 jump ball?
Let's just add a little context to that before you give everyone a heart attack.
BOSTON — The Milwaukee Bucks are still alive in the NBA playoffs, but star Giannis Antetokounmpo is already joking about his plans for next year.

After scoring 40 points to help the Bucks take a 3-2 lead over Boston in the Eastern Conference semifinals on Wednesday night, the two-time MVP asked reporters out of the blue: “If I don’t play after this season, do I still get paid? Do you guys know how it works?”

Antetokounmpo, 27, was asked how he would spend his sabbatical.

“If I take a year off, what would I do?” he repeated. “I would disappear. I would go to an island in Greece, stay with my family and disappear for a year.”
https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/giannis-a ... -year-off/

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
16 May 2022 15:22
paco wrote:
Portis loves Milwaukee, if the Bucks want him back, he'll be on the team for sure. I'm good with Allen coming back too. He was brutal against the Celtics, but had a pretty good season overall.
Portis needs to opt out for his families sake. He had a great year and was severely underpaid relative to production and what others make in the current market. He took a friendly deal to be able to come back. I think he should go get the pay check he earned after such a good season.

He made 4m this year, if he stays in the deal he will make another 4m next year.

His production warrants at least around 12m a year by my estimation
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s get this guy like 3-4 more trophies.