Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
10 May 2022 13:08
Captain_Ben wrote:
10 May 2022 12:33
texas wrote:
30 Apr 2022 22:40

https://www.outkick.com/espns-bart-scot ... ies-to-win

Thank you! Finally someone else speaks the truth
It helps to have aggression, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Glad to see Scott bringing that "outside of the box" thinking that is so desperately needed at ESPN. I miss the days when receivers were afraid to run the post route because the FS wanted to inflict pain. By and large I'd prefer to have a healthy balance of intelligent players on both sides of the ball, but you've gotta have the animalistic Warren Sapp/Mike Tyson types who only understand aggression and nothing else. :lol:
Bart Scott is a moron, ya don't need to be a criminal to play aggressively, and if the FS hits a defenseless receiver it's a penalty, that cheap shot stuff is finally being done away with, players that intentionally try to hurt other players should be ejected.

Warren SApp is a great example of a cheap shot jerk, not only did he blind side Clifton, then when called on it he threatens a 60 yr old coach, just a smart ass punk.
Yes, Scott is probably a moron, and Sapp is a jerk. Both men key pieces on legendary defenses. Mindless aggression has its place- 2 cases in point.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Tom Brady will get 37,5M per year to work for Fox once he retires from football.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
10 May 2022 19:34
Tom Brady will get 37,5M per year to work for Fox once he retires from football.
Yep. Aikman and Buck are going to ESPN I heard.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
Is that “start date” open-ended? Or does that almost assure that 2022 is Brady’s last playing season?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
10 May 2022 18:24
Yoop wrote:
10 May 2022 13:08
Captain_Ben wrote:
10 May 2022 12:33

It helps to have aggression, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Glad to see Scott bringing that "outside of the box" thinking that is so desperately needed at ESPN. I miss the days when receivers were afraid to run the post route because the FS wanted to inflict pain. By and large I'd prefer to have a healthy balance of intelligent players on both sides of the ball, but you've gotta have the animalistic Warren Sapp/Mike Tyson types who only understand aggression and nothing else. :lol:
Bart Scott is a moron, ya don't need to be a criminal to play aggressively, and if the FS hits a defenseless receiver it's a penalty, that cheap shot stuff is finally being done away with, players that intentionally try to hurt other players should be ejected.

Warren SApp is a great example of a cheap shot jerk, not only did he blind side Clifton, then when called on it he threatens a 60 yr old coach, just a smart ass punk.
Yes, Scott is probably a moron, and Sapp is a jerk. Both men key pieces on legendary defenses. Mindless aggression has its place- 2 cases in point.
there are also doz. of very good defenses that didn't have a criminal or cheap shot player on them over the years, and mindless aggression is what the NFL is trying to get rid of, brain dead idiots have no place in the modern NFL.
player costs are now so high why would a owner put up with the actions of some overtly aggressive idiot destroy the career of one of his very expensive players? they wont, and thats why rules don't allow it.

Sapps hit on Clifton now gets him fined, ejected, and probably a suspension, want to watch a gladiator sport, go watch Womans sand lot volley ball :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
11 May 2022 08:03
salmar80 wrote:
Is that “start date” open-ended? Or does that almost assure that 2022 is Brady’s last playing season?
I wondered the same. But regardless, FOX is certainly willing to wait for him because he's a money maker.

Though when I heard this news I about vomited. I hate listening to Brady. The man makes me cringe. Not really happy to have him calling a bunch of Packers games every year. I hope I'm wrong.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
11 May 2022 09:40
Scott4Pack wrote:
11 May 2022 08:03
salmar80 wrote:
I wondered the same. But regardless, FOX is certainly willing to wait for him because he's a money maker.

Though when I heard this news I about vomited. I hate listening to Brady. The man makes me cringe. Not really happy to have him calling a bunch of Packers games every year. I hope I'm wrong.
I so much miss Madden and Summerall.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
11 May 2022 09:05
player costs are now so high why would a owner put up with the actions of some overtly aggressive idiot destroy the career of one of his very expensive players? they wont, and thats why rules don't allow it.
Football's a rough game. Players hit hard. Players get hurt. &%$@ happens. The teams that hit the hardest often win Super Bowls, rules be damned.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
11 May 2022 10:28
This is a hell of a story.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts ... l-football
Tragic is the only word that comes to mind. Even the editor's note at the end is bad. I really hope he and his family find some happiness.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 May 2022 12:23
paco wrote:
Tragic is the only word that comes to mind. Even the editor's note at the end is bad. I really hope he and his family find some happiness.
I have always respected him as a football player. Articles like this make me think it's not always such a bad thing that we, as fans, separate the football player from the human being.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This kid is out of the league in a year!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 May 2022 11:55
Yoop wrote:
Football's a rough game. Players hit hard. Players get hurt. &%$@ happens. The teams that hit the hardest often win Super Bowls, rules be damned.
again a felony is not required to do anything you just said, just look at the comments concerning Wyatt, he simply kicked a door and according to some draft reports some teams took him right off there draft board ( I don't believe it) thats how critical teams are of criminal behavior, teams simply do not want what that moron Bart Scott seems to think is needed.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
11 May 2022 13:44
Captain_Ben wrote:
Yoop wrote:
again a felony is not required to do anything you just said, just look at the comments concerning Wyatt, he simply kicked a door and according to some draft reports some teams took him right off there draft board ( I don't believe it) thats how critical teams are of criminal behavior, teams simply do not want what that moron Bart Scott seems to think is needed.
So some draft reports that you don't believe are your evidence that modern NFL teams are very discerning regarding the topic that the draft reports were about? Kicking in a door could easily be filed under "mindless aggression," depending on the circumstances. And Wyatt was drafted in the first round, so.... :idn:

And why all the hate for Bart Scott all of a sudden? :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I don’t want my linebackers doing charity events and featured at family nights. Let the QB, WRs, punters, kickers, and maybe a running back handle that.

Linebackers, OL, and DL should be considered hazards to society when not on the field
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 May 2022 14:13
Yoop wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:

So some draft reports that you don't believe are your evidence that modern NFL teams are very discerning regarding the topic that the draft reports were about? Kicking in a door could easily be filed under "mindless aggression," depending on the circumstances. And Wyatt was drafted in the first round, so.... :idn:

Bart defends thugs, his Raven teams are noted as turning a blind eye to criminal behavior, the law couldn't prove anything on Ray Lewis or his friends even though it seemed obvious they where guilty.

Wyatt kicked a door, so now you want to compare that to Lewis and his friends who actually did inflict bodily harm, ever heard of apples to oranges, Lewis Buddy's stabbed a guy to death and Ray covered it up, Lewis should have been thrown out of the league.

If a team can't win minus jail house junkies maybe it's time that team folded shop, even the guy doing the interview thought Scott had went over the edge.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/bart-scot ... wo-felons/

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

30 years of best continuous QB play of any org.
2 titles

Missing ingredient: Jail House Junkies.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
11 May 2022 15:48
30 years of best continuous QB play of any org.
2 titles

Missing ingredient: Jail House Junkies.
Johnny Jolly approves of this message...

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
11 May 2022 15:25
Captain_Ben wrote:
11 May 2022 14:13
Yoop wrote:

Bart defends thugs, his Raven teams are noted as turning a blind eye to criminal behavior, the law couldn't prove anything on Ray Lewis or his friends even though it seemed obvious they where guilty.

Wyatt kicked a door, so now you want to compare that to Lewis and his friends who actually did inflict bodily harm, ever heard of apples to oranges, Lewis Buddy's stabbed a guy to death and Ray covered it up, Lewis should have been thrown out of the league.

If a team can't win minus jail house junkies maybe it's time that team folded shop, even the guy doing the interview thought Scott had went over the edge.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/bart-scot ... wo-felons/
I think your beef with these NFL "thugs" would be more appropriately directed at the criminal justice system. The mission of the Baltimore Ravens front office is to locate and procure the best football talent they can find and afford. Ray Lewis is a 2x Super Bowl Champion and arguably the greatest middle linebacker of all time, which actually should prove my original point. If you thought he should have been convicted, why be angry with the Ravens for acquiring and retaining him? They were just doing their job!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
Wow. Everyone should read that.