Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

"The Green Bay Packers will get two rookie draft picks back from injury during Tuesday’s practice, the seventh of training camp.
Coach Matt LaFleur confirmed running back MarShawn Lloyd and safety Kitan Oladapo would each be making their training camp debuts on Tuesday.

“You’ll see Lloyd out there today for (individual drills). Not in the team periods yet. Him and KT (Oladapo),” LaFleur said.

Lloyd suffered a hip injury after reporting early to training camp with the rookie class. Oladapo had a toe injury — suffered during the NFL Scouting Combine — that required surgery. Practicing on Tuesday means Oladapo will be coming off the non-football injury list."
IT. IS. TIME

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Released K James Turner, along with FB Henry Pearson and CB Zyon Gilbert.

Resigned LS Peter Bowden and signed CB Don Callis and CB LJ Davis

Interesting on Pearson. I liked him and others seemed too. Maybe Davis and AJ Dillon taking the H-back/FB role?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
30 Jul 2024 11:00
Interesting on Pearson. I liked him and others seemed too. Maybe Davis and AJ Dillon taking the H-back/FB role?
I don't think any "takes that role" because I think it is a bit of a unicorn role. Deguara wasn't the lead blocker, Pearson isn't as fluid and agile. No need to keep 2 guys who can do half a job. There are so many things we can do with personnel groupings and formations as it is. Still, if we ever do find that unicorn, I think it will open up even more. Moral of the story, Deguara isn't it and Pearson certainly isn't it, either.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
Maybe Davis and AJ Dillon taking the H-back/FB role?
I suspect the Move TE role will be a mix of Davis, Sims and Kraft. If you look at how AJ Dillon re-shaped his body in the offseason, its likely aimed at being a quicker runner & pass catching threat as opposed to a battering ram.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
30 Jul 2024 11:42
kampmanfan4life wrote:
Maybe Davis and AJ Dillon taking the H-back/FB role?
I suspect the Move TE role will be a mix of Davis, Sims and Kraft. If you look at how AJ Dillon re-shaped his body in the offseason, its likely aimed at being a quicker runner & pass catching threat as opposed to a battering ram.
I think it'll be Kraft. He is the better lead blocker and has shiftiness in space. He also really give that Kyle Juszczyk flexibility where you can line him up at TE or FB or even out wide and stress a defenses personnel. If anyone comes out in base and you have Kraft and Musgrave on the field you open yourself up to so much formation versality.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jul 2024 10:04
BF004 wrote:
29 Jul 2024 18:46
Try watching this all the way through without a smug smile.

Hafley's introduction to hollowed ground :aok: thanks
Damn

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

On one hand, I’ve been thinking the amount of Hafley praise given based on words and press conferences before a game has even been played is strange and premature.

On the other hand, that’s a helluva Jaire quote :shock:
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 30 Jul 2024 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
30 Jul 2024 15:26
Yoop wrote:
30 Jul 2024 10:04
BF004 wrote:
29 Jul 2024 18:46
Try watching this all the way through without a smug smile.

Hafley's introduction to hollowed ground :aok: thanks
Damn

how's it go? the best students are the teachers? something like that? :dunno: impossible not to be excited for this defense, specially when players make comments like that

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Jul 2024 16:13
On one hand, I’ve been thinking the amount of Hafley praise given based on words and press conferences before a game has even been played is strange and premature.

We gotta see it translate in games. Yes. Without a doubt. At the same time, we have to be really freaking optimistic based on the totality of practices thus far. Who, on the defensive side of the ball, is struggling thus far? Who does not look improved compared to last season? Which rookie is failing to catch the eye of coaches? Which last chance guys are showing they are going to be easy cuts? Who seems frustrated? Who is failing to show leadership or respond to leadership? Like, every. single. tweet/report/video about these defensive players has been positive and super encouraging. I don't think that happens without a lot of things going right at the very top.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
31 Jul 2024 13:15
YoHoChecko wrote:

We gotta see it translate in games. Yes. Without a doubt. At the same time, we have to be really freaking optimistic based on the totality of practices thus far. Who, on the defensive side of the ball, is struggling thus far? Who does not look improved compared to last season? Which rookie is failing to catch the eye of coaches? Which last chance guys are showing they are going to be easy cuts? Who seems frustrated? Who is failing to show leadership or respond to leadership? Like, every. single. tweet/report/video about these defensive players has been positive and super encouraging. I don't think that happens without a lot of things going right at the very top.
Everything sounds good but we gotta see them play. Devondre Campbell was all smiles and compliments when we were winning and the defense was playing well. He loved Barry. Then he wasnt playing well and went on to say players werent being put in positions to make plays. They gotta get on the field and play real games for us to make any determinations. Every year in practice we hear how strong the defense looks.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Jul 2024 14:09
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Everything sounds good but we gotta see them play. Devondre Campbell was all smiles and compliments when we were winning and the defense was playing well. He loved Barry. Then he wasnt playing well and went on to say players werent being put in positions to make plays. They gotta get on the field and play real games for us to make any determinations. Every year in practice we hear how strong the defense looks.
For sure have to wait and see, but he sure looks and sounds the part. Its hard not to like the guy.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I’ll be GD’d.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gotta think the white out has a great shot to be in Brazil?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Jul 2024 14:09
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Matt Scheidman’s write-up following today’s practice in The Athletic:

This Packers defense is active around the line of scrimmage, not just between the tackles and not just the starters. Defensive tackle T.J. Slaton has flashed early in camp and blew up a Josh Jacobs outside run on Wednesday. Safety Tyler Coyle did the same on a short pass to the tight end Wilson and cornerback Gemon Green did so on a screen to wideout Julian Hicks. Corey Ballentine perfectly read a swing pass to running back AJ Dillon, who dropped the ball, and linebacker Eric Wilson stuffed a shotgun run to Dillon not long after. Safety Anthony Johnson Jr. blew up a swing pass to Christian Watson for a loss of two yards and defensive tackle Colby Wooden stuffed running back Emanuel Wilson, while linebacker Quay Walker covered ground to limit a Jacobs run near the left sideline and fellow linebacker Isaiah McDuffie stopped a toss to Jacobs on the right side.

“I would say they put us in good situations to just run and hit and I feel like that’s what I do best,” said McDuffie, who also had a pressure against left tackle Rasheed Walker that led to a Nixon pass breakup against receiver Samori Toure. “I get to the ball, I get there violently, so I feel like it’s going to be good. I feel like they’re putting us in those situations to be most successful, so I think it’s going to be fun.”

Walker had another tackle for loss on a swing pass to Jacobs, and on the next play, Bullard blew up another swing pass to Jacobs. In the starters’ two-minute drill, Alexander swiftly met a swing pass to Jacobs on the first play of the drive and McDuffie appeared to stuff Jacobs on a fourth-down dump-off before the chains, but coaches gave the offense a first down. It certainly looks like the aggressive nature of new coordinator Jeff Hafley’s defense that those inside the building have been talking about is showing up on the field.
Yeah, it’s practice but it sure sounds like Hafley’s defense is as advertised.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I actually like it. Wish they’d do an all green too with a green helmet.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
31 Jul 2024 19:41
Nope. It'll be Oct 20 against the Texans.

I'm guessing the Packers didn't want to be in all-white uni's come December when they could potentially be completely camouflaged against a snowy backdrop.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
01 Aug 2024 10:26
I'm guessing the Packers didn't want to be in all-white uni's come December when they could potentially be completely camouflaged against a snowy backdrop.
Also the time of year you actually want the dark colors to absorb more warmth from the sun.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
01 Aug 2024 10:26
go pak go wrote:
31 Jul 2024 19:41
Nope. It'll be Oct 20 against the Texans.

I would hope the Packers are pushing for a white out promotion of the game. Otherwise that’s a missed opportunity for a great fan experience.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Aug 2024 11:13
I would hope the Packers are pushing for a white out promotion of the game. Otherwise that’s a missed opportunity for a great fan experience.
They are:
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-un ... ct-20-2024
To help create a blizzard-like effect in the stadium in honor of Packers fans' legendary energy during even the harshest of winter conditions, the team is asking game attendees to join in the Winter Warning by wearing white attire for the Oct. 20 game against Houston.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi