2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:24
BF004 wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:06
Packfntk wrote:
10 Nov 2020 14:13
TRADE DEADLINE A WEEK FROM TODAY! MAKE SOME DEALS!!!!!!
C’mon, got 4 trades out and no one even declining or commenting responding for days. Let’s go!!!

If you drag your feet here, once my picks are gone, I can’t trade with you anymore. Don’t miss the boat.
@Trudge @mnkcarp @Waldo @Pckfn23

Haven't done business in a while, but I know when I do, Nick, BTP, Madcity, and YoHo usually respond instantly.
Yep, love offers. But do not like offers for 3rd and 4th round picks for starting players that some send over.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:24
BF004 wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:06
Packfntk wrote:
10 Nov 2020 14:13
TRADE DEADLINE A WEEK FROM TODAY! MAKE SOME DEALS!!!!!!
C’mon, got 4 trades out and no one even declining or commenting responding for days. Let’s go!!!

If you drag your feet here, once my picks are gone, I can’t trade with you anymore. Don’t miss the boat.
@Trudge @mnkcarp @Waldo @Pckfn23

Haven't done business in a while, but I know when I do, Nick, BTP, Madcity, and YoHo usually respond instantly.
Well I need RB and TE so...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Nobody give Trudge anything to help him! He needs to lose, not win!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

:lol:

Have to say I am having a blast this year. Better than drafting one or two each year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Everytime I think I can sit and look it over another thing pulls me away!

I will try to look at it tonight during the game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Trudge wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:30
Well I need RB and TE so...
I have 9 on IR if that helps you.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Nov 2020 17:27

Priorities, Brandon.

Those kids will be there forever, the trade deadline is in days.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:

could you look over your starting roster while you're at it?

Two straight weeks of playing Humphries while he's listed as Out. This is creeping into punitive measures discussion

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Nov 2020 16:33
Pckfn23 wrote:

Two straight weeks of playing Humphries while he's listed as Out. This is creeping into punitive measures discussion

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yes, I missed that he was in my starting lineup for a Thursday game. It was not intentional. If you would like to take action so be it. If an accidental start in a Thursday night game in a recreational league is so important to you, then I guess that is the way it is. Yes, there are other things that are taking precedent at the moment.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cmon, fallen short of projected total by at least 50+ the last 3 weeks. 0 skill position TDs today.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2020 18:41
Cmon, fallen short of projected total by at least 50+ the last 3 weeks. 0 skill position TDs today.
DK Metcalf didn't have anything, thought he might have been out. 4.9 points in the 4th tells me nah.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Fantasy was dumb this week. My team crapped all over itself.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Gonna be some wild finishes in our league despite the low-scoring week.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not sure how one gets into this league, but if any spots open up for next year i would be interested. If not, all good.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:02
Not sure how one gets into this league, but if any spots open up for next year i would be interested. If not, all good.
You're first in line!! There have been a few times where we have really struggled to fill an empty team, so odds are the time will come.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:24
Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2020 10:02
You're first in line!! There have been a few times where we have really struggled to fill an empty team, so odds are the time will come.
I'd be all for booting Nick from the league.

Anyone opposed?

Also serious question if anyone wanted to bow out of the league for whatever reason, we do have a replacement. Although I am also aware those most likely to be willing to leave the league are also not following this thread. :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Nov 2020 21:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yes, I missed that he was in my starting lineup for a Thursday game. It was not intentional. If you would like to take action so be it. If an accidental start in a Thursday night game in a recreational league is so important to you, then I guess that is the way it is. Yes, there are other things that are taking precedent at the moment.
Honestly, I don't appreciate the response here being an attempted guilt trip. In week 9, you had 3 players who were "out." in the game. I commented on it in this thread and tagged you in it. In response, in week 10, one of those same three players remained in your lineup, despite again being out of the game.

In a league where you're among the bottom teams and points scored could be a tie-breaker, missing players in multiple weeks could impact tie breakers and draft orders, not to mention the competitive balance issues for teams playing against you (though it would have made no difference in the W/L the past two weeks).

No one is mad at you. But this league has always had to be vigilant about such things because there's no money on the line to provide incentive and motivation. It's now been pointed out. If you have more important things going on during a pandemic and life, that is fine; it's not a value judgment for me, as co-commish, to point out vacancies in your lineup. It's simply part of my volunteer responsibilities.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 11:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Honestly, I don't appreciate the response here being an attempted guilt trip. In week 9, you had 3 players who were "out." in the game. I commented on it in this thread and tagged you in it. In response, in week 10, one of those same three players remained in your lineup, despite again being out of the game.

In a league where you're among the bottom teams and points scored could be a tie-breaker, missing players in multiple weeks could impact tie breakers and draft orders, not to mention the competitive balance issues for teams playing against you (though it would have made no difference in the W/L the past two weeks).

No one is mad at you. But this league has always had to be vigilant about such things because there's no money on the line to provide incentive and motivation. It's now been pointed out. If you have more important things going on during a pandemic and life, that is fine; it's not a value judgment for me, as co-commish, to point out vacancies in your lineup. It's simply part of my volunteer responsibilities.
I do agree, the precedent has been set, no going out of their way to be mean or anything here. Simply isn't fair should one end up with a higher pick because they were playing injured players and another league member was playing theirs.

If anyone ever needs help setting their lineup, send a pm, email or text to me or yoho, we can plug in some guys for you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2020 11:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

A PM would have been much better received. Also, omitting the threat would have been met better, as well. That is all.