Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
01 Aug 2024 10:26
go pak go wrote:
31 Jul 2024 19:41
Gotta think the white out has a great shot to be in Brazil?
Nope. It'll be Oct 20 against the Texans.

I'm guessing the Packers didn't want to be in all-white uni's come December when they could potentially be completely camouflaged against a snowy backdrop.

wouldn't that be a good thing? :idn: always though the goal on defense was to be heard, but never seen :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think they missed the mark on the uniform. I like the whiteout idea but it looks weird that the helmet is two-toned with White and Faded Packer Green but the jerseys and pants are the oridnary 3-toned with the yellow.

Either add the yellow to the helmet or better yet have the jersey and pants mimic the helmet by removing the yellow and fading the Packer green.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yep, everyone loves the 'ol "white and maybe a little yellow and green".

Hmm, doesn't quite have the same ring as Green and Gold.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 Aug 2024 15:13
I think they missed the mark on the uniform. I like the whiteout idea but it looks weird that the helmet is two-toned with White and Faded Packer Green but the jerseys and pants are the oridnary 3-toned with the yellow.

Either add the yellow to the helmet or better yet have the jersey and pants mimic the helmet by removing the yellow and fading the Packer green.
Without the yellow on the shoulders it would look to Jets.

I wish they didn’t do the stripe on the helmet and left it straight up white with a logo. I don’t think it’s bad though. The allure of a jersey like this is what you can do with the crowd going all white and matching it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:

These games they're playing with uniforms are nothing but frivolous gimmicks. Just sayin'

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Of course. Every throwback and color rush and alternate jersey is a gimmick.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Aug 2024 22:01
I like the throwbacks. I think it's always good to re-visit history and this gives them a reason to not only make money, but also direct attention to the time period, the players, the circumstances of the time and connect fans with our history.

Color rush? pure gimmick :) as long as it doesn't turn into revolving uni's every other week at some point i'm ok with a game a year just showing something new for the sake of showing something new to the fans.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Aug 2024 20:39
go pak go wrote:

These games they're playing with uniforms are nothing but frivolous gimmicks. Just sayin'
But it's not a revenue gimmick because there isn't really anything to re-sell. If it was revenue driven...you make a different jersey.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Considering the intent, I think the helmets look just fine. Cool, even.

Not something I want to see every week but for a single white-out game? Yeah, I like it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
02 Aug 2024 08:43
Considering the intent, I think the helmets look just fine. Cool, even.

Not something I want to see every week but for a single white-out game? Yeah, I like it.
Yeah, I don't see why not. If you are changing the uniform for a "white out" theme, it's done to mess with the jerseys and pants and not consider the helmet.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

It looks fine. Kinda neat and different. It is one game.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

musclestang wrote:
02 Aug 2024 05:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Aug 2024 22:01
I like the throwbacks. I think it's always good to re-visit history and this gives them a reason to not only make money, but also direct attention to the time period, the players, the circumstances of the time and connect fans with our history.

Color rush? pure gimmick :) as long as it doesn't turn into revolving uni's every other week at some point i'm ok with a game a year just showing something new for the sake of showing something new to the fans.
If you've got a good history the throwbacks are a good gimmick. I also like some of the newer teams latching on to the past, like the Texans using the old Oilers stuff. Somebody like the Jags should dress up as the Pottsville Maroons. :rotfl:
I agree the helmet should have the gold stripe in the center maybe even have green or gold face masks.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I really liked Lombardi putting the "G" (for GREATNESS) on the helmet. Then for awhile there there was a "G" on the jersey sleeve (1984-1988) and a number on the pants. Then at some point in time the pointy "G" got rounded off. The bright helmet "yellow" was a bit muted/less bright in the 1960s I think. The Packers Hall of Fame has examples of this history.

Now here's a real Packers helmet!!
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 02 Aug 2024 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Here's the "G" on Walter Stanley's jersey and his number "87" on the pants

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Aug 2024 21:49
Here's the "G" on Walter Stanley's jersey and his number "87" on the pants

The G on the sleeves are absolutely sick. My favorite throwbacks.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rent free!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just a fun little visual