Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

86 degrees, high humidity, pollen so thick ya need a chain saw to cut it, and Burks has a history of asthma, must have gotten it treated because he had a full practice Saturday, Burks could end up with the highest production from this WR class, he'll be a chore for any DB to take down one on one.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
15 May 2022 14:52
86 degrees, high humidity, pollen so thick ya need a chain saw to cut it, and Burks has a history of asthma, must have gotten it treated because he had a full practice Saturday, Burks could end up with the highest production from this WR class, he'll be a chore for any DB to take down one on one.
86 ain't super hot, coach didn't mention pollen or asthma in initial press conference, and specifically talked about getting into shape.

Burks tapped out after measly 20 mins of practice. Unless they started their 1st practice with a Cooper test, that's just inexcusable conditioning. Or he must've been hung over.

Not saying Burks will fail, but showing up to first day of work out of shape is a huge character red flag. No rookie WR will amount to anything without work ethic.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Treylon Burks? More like, Traylon BUST!

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
15 May 2022 15:18
Yoop wrote:
86 ain't super hot, coach didn't mention pollen or asthma in initial press conference, and specifically talked about getting into shape.

Burks tapped out after measly 20 mins of practice. Unless they started their 1st practice with a Cooper test, that's just inexcusable conditioning. Or he must've been hung over.

Not saying Burks will fail, but showing up to first day of work out of shape is a huge character red flag. No rookie WR will amount to anything without work ethic.
ya don't go from can't practice one day to full participation the next because of being out of shape, how does that even make sense to you? and 86 may not be that hot, but add humidity, pollen count, Burks acted exactly how asthma sufferers do when the pollen count is high and there not on there meds.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
15 May 2022 23:31
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

ya don't go from can't practice one day to full participation the next because of being out of shape, how does that even make sense to you? and 86 may not be that hot, but add humidity, pollen count, Burks acted exactly how asthma sufferers do when the pollen count is high and there not on there meds.
I'm reading the situation just like [mention]Yoop[/mention]. Looks to be an allergic response of some kind, not a conditioning issue.

That's not uncommon at all, either. Moving to different parts of the country exposes individuals to different molds, pollens, spores, etc, that they would have no idea they were allergic to. It happened to me, personally, when I was assigned to Ft. Campbell, KY during my service years. I had seasonal allergies for the first time in my life at age 24 and they were horrible. Coincidentally, the Titans practice facility is only an hour or so from Ft. Campbell and it just so happens to be the heart of spring allergy season. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that is what happened with Burks, too. It was the first day day of practice, after all.

Or yeah, he's just a lazy slug. Or hungover. That's much easier to embrace. :roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Burks issue could be a number of things.

Absolutely could be medical. Could be others. No reason to make any attacks or defenses yet.

I remember the 2015 and especially 2016 training camp episodes with Lacy and how people were defending "its the picture angle...etc.

Turns out he was just fat. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
16 May 2022 06:54
Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

I'm reading the situation just like @Yoop. Looks to be an allergic response of some kind, not a conditioning issue.

That's not uncommon at all, either. Moving to different parts of the country exposes individuals to different molds, pollens, spores, etc, that they would have no idea they were allergic to. It happened to me, personally, when I was assigned to Ft. Campbell, KY during my service years. I had seasonal allergies for the first time in my life at age 24 and they were horrible. Coincidentally, the Titans practice facility is only an hour or so from Ft. Campbell and it just so happens to be the heart of spring allergy season. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that is what happened with Burks, too. It was the first day day of practice, after all.

Or yeah, he's just a lazy slug. Or hungover. That's much easier to embrace. :roll:
i live in tennessee and every spring i think i am literally dying. One day I may decide to move but for now I just forget its going to happen, and then feel like death when it does, and then just wait it out. Burks may be feeling the same way.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
16 May 2022 09:30
APB wrote:
16 May 2022 06:54
Yoop wrote:

I'm reading the situation just like @Yoop. Looks to be an allergic response of some kind, not a conditioning issue.

i live in tennessee and every spring i think i am literally dying. One day I may decide to move but for now I just forget its going to happen, and then feel like death when it does, and then just wait it out. Burks may be feeling the same way.
obviously he could be a tad out of shape, but that sure doesn't seem like the reason he couldn't finish practice day one since he did so on day 2, and the only knocks for laziness attached to him are mostly about blocking, if Tenn uses him right he'll get a K as a rookie.

I wish we could have gotten both Watson and Burks

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Wow, talk about some people jumping to conclusions! I think it's a little early write Burks off as a bust or lacking a work ethic.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i remember last offseason Jamar Chase was getting constant slander for forgetting how to catch because he dropped some balls at rookie camp. Lol

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
11 May 2022 10:28
This is a hell of a story.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts ... l-football
Seems like another detour is being added to his comeback trail.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
18 May 2022 09:24
paco wrote:
11 May 2022 10:28
This is a hell of a story.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts ... l-football
Seems like another detour is being added to his comeback trail.

Saw that. Man, that sucks. Was really hoping to see him be successful following the letter he penned to himself and sharing his recent struggles.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Want a twitter thread full of some really stupid people? I got you covered.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

4 active players combined remain from the 2006 and 2007 drafts, 2 are Packers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 May 2022 23:40
4 active players combined remain from the 2006 and 2007 drafts, 2 are Packers.
Add in 2005 draft and we get to 3 out of 5. Rodgers is the last of his class, also, I read.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
18 May 2022 11:04
Big Ben would have more than one SB with GB. :idn:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2022 00:31
paco wrote:
I don’t know about 2+ Super Bowls, but rape accusations sound about right.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
20 May 2022 06:09
Drj820 wrote:
paco wrote:
You don’t “know” about 2+ Super Bowls, but you know...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2022 07:23
BF004 wrote:
20 May 2022 06:09
Drj820 wrote:

You don’t “know” about 2+ Super Bowls, but you know...
I don't know &%$@. Not a chance Ben would have led this team any farther than Rodgers has.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I've criticized Rodgers, but I can't say Ben would have taken us farther. His team basically stole his first SB win from a better Seahawks squad, Ben didn't play well. Played well against AZ if I recall but then he lost to us due to some bad play by him. Good for him on getting there more, but meh.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto