Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:35
Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:32
video
All I saw were dropped passes, no blocking and a BROKEN THUMB.

Especially that Bakhtiari interception. Catch the ball David!!!!
Yes! The WR's needed to know when Rodgers misread the safeties and they should have chip blocked the safeties! And Bakh has to win those jump balls!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:35
Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:13
Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:09

no its just that a certain group of Packer fans have always inflated the help around Rodgers, and placed the blame for failures on Rodgers. The rest of NFL fans just see what it is...the offensive roster is bad to mid and rodgers is a top 10 all time QB.
Why would you hate on Rodgers like that? Only Top 10? Holy cow dude.
Not even close. Based on the statistics that matter, the PRIMARY statistics that matter since the 1967, Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl appearances, Rodgers is about #20. 8-) I did not look before 1967 but there are several including Otto Graham who won 7 NFL Championships.

We are Packers Fans, but Rodgers is no longer a Packer and we ought to see him as what he was, far from the GOAT, in fact roughly between 20th best and 30th best NFL QB of all time.

:hide:
QB's are not simply graded or rated on team wins, or PO or owl wins.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:36
go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:29
Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:20

a person would have to be blind to think this team this season isn't better then what this team was last year, the only thing not as good is the run game, these receivers are better, and same with OL, obviously the team isn't where we want it to be, and they havn't made it easy on Love, but he is missing ten times the throws as Rodgers did, a blind hermit could see that.
Agreed. Our offensive Line is better this year. Complete oversight.

Rasheed Walker > David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins > Elgton Jenkins
Josh Myers > Josh Myers
John Runyan > John Runyan
Toms > Toms
Nijman > Nijman

My bad.
here you go again with data, which tells us almost nothing, players don't play the same year in or year out, you know this,
Except Aaron Rodgers of course who is perfect EVERY year if not for broken thumbs, receivers dropping everything and offensive line being swiss cheese.

I get it now!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Now the crowd freaking out about comparing Rodgers's play in an off-year during the twilight of his career to Love this year (not, mind you, Rodgers to Love straight-up like they keep acting) ... is saying like the OL is no worse now than the year we had an all-pro (and playing like it, unlike Rodgers at QB last year) starting most of our games at LT, and in fact it is BETTER this year. :thwap:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers healed from the thumb and took the bums from last year to a place where they could win and they were in for the playoffs.

Lets see if Love can do that this year...since he is the same qb after all.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Some of you are destroying your credibility. Im not going to let it affect my view of you though. Just gonna chalk it up as a blind spot, which we all have.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:47
Rodgers healed from the thumb and took the bums from last year to a place where they could win and they were in for the playoffs.

It will be interesting. I am confident we get to 6 to 7 wins.

If the defense and STs pull a Vikings/Dolphins special I think we could get to 8. Maybe even 9.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:50
Drj820 wrote:

If the defense and STs pull a Vikings/Dolphins special I think we could get to 8. Maybe even 9.
and what evidence besides green glasses lead you to believe the Def and STs will pull a Vikings/Dolphins?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

LOL, the best comment today so far has been "Here you go again with data". :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:57
LOL, the best comment today so far has been "Here you go again with data". :lol:
That was hilarious.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:53
go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2023 09:50
Drj820 wrote:

and what evidence besides green glasses lead you to believe the Def and STs will pull a Vikings/Dolphins?
Did I say they would?

I said I was confident in getting to 6 to 7 wins.
Last edited by go pak go on 14 Nov 2023 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Why wait? Kenny Pickett is leading his team to a winning record, and his OL is full of bums who can't pass-pro!

'Doesn't make him a great player or mean he is having a good season. In fact, he is in the Bottom 5 of QBR.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
Never Let The Truth Get in the Way of a Good Story

-Mark Twain
Oops. Sorry. I meant that quote was from Jesus.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
In response to opinion-based assertions, haha. :mrgreen:
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

the data boys are the brandon staleys of the forum world. Muh analytics. I have eyes and a feel for the game, and I use data as tool, not a God.

Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback than Jordan Love.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (99.82 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Nov 2023 10:45
the data boys are the brandon staleys of the forum world. Muh analytics. I have eyes and a feel for the game, and I use data as tool, not a God.

2022 Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback than Jordan Love.
Hey man. Commit. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I fixed it for you.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This is a classic case of the motte-and-bailey argument, packaging Rodgers's superiority to Love (undisputed i.e. the "motte") together with the 2022 vs. 2023 comparison between them (more debatable i.e. the "bailey") and defending Rodgers's 2022 as better by running to the motte:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motte-and ... bailey%22).
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

All this could have been avoided if Gutey had just done his freakin' job and traded Rodgers to the Broncos in 2022!!!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Can't do it obviously, but interesting mental masturbation.