Love SZN: Official Thread of QB1.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Oct 2023 09:36
One can analyze each draft for hits and misses and score them all they want, but if you have the best roster in the league by far..and most of your best players were acquired through the draft…you’ve been very successful and you’ve been drafting bangers, and to nit pick otherwise is just being a hater. Like no one outside of people wanting to defend Guteys drafting record denies that the niners have found gold in late rounds and this has contributed to their dominant roster. I stand by my claim that if you find a TE in the 5th and he’s AP level, it doesn’t matter what happens in 1-4. You had a successful draft. Especially when you have so few needs going into each draft like the niners.
:lol:

I have news for you, Belichick. 31 other teams can make the same claim of building the majority of their roster via the draft. Yes, even their best players! That isn’t at all what I’ve been refuting but, again, you already knew that. You’re just moving the goalposts, yet again.

And that “best roster by far” looked pretty damn ordinary today after they lost two of their best players who just so happened WEREN’T DRAFTED BY THE 49ERS! So much for built through the draft!

:lol: :lol:
Drj820 wrote:There is a big difference between finding a great player in the 1st and finding a great player in the 5th.
Absolutely.

But to dismiss the fact the rest of the draft was garbage outside of snagging a good TE with a 5th is completely ludicrous.
Drj820 wrote: Hitting a HR that late is special work
…as is missing on a multiple years worth of top 10 picks without hitting on squat outside a no-brainer Bosa pick. :roll:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Who is Gute's best pick? Jenkins? Even he is not looking great post Rodgers.

Jaire and Gary are the two best players. Jaire was 2nd cb taken in the draft behind Denzel Ward. The Dline taken after Gary - Burn, simmons, dexter Lawrence. Couldn't really miss picking dline - unless you're the raiders picking clelin Ferrell

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
15 Oct 2023 19:45
Drj820 wrote:
15 Oct 2023 09:36
One can analyze each draft for hits and misses and score them all they want, but if you have the best roster in the league by far..and most of your best players were acquired through the draft…you’ve been very successful and you’ve been drafting bangers, and to nit pick otherwise is just being a hater. Like no one outside of people wanting to defend Guteys drafting record denies that the niners have found gold in late rounds and this has contributed to their dominant roster. I stand by my claim that if you find a TE in the 5th and he’s AP level, it doesn’t matter what happens in 1-4. You had a successful draft. Especially when you have so few needs going into each draft like the niners.
:lol:

I have news for you, Belichick. 31 other teams can make the same claim of building the majority of their roster via the draft. Yes, even their best players! That isn’t at all what I’ve been refuting but, again, you already knew that. You’re just moving the goalposts, yet again.

And that “best roster by far” looked pretty damn ordinary today after they lost two of their best players who just so happened WEREN’T DRAFTED BY THE 49ERS! So much for built through the draft!

:lol: :lol:
Drj820 wrote:There is a big difference between finding a great player in the 1st and finding a great player in the 5th.
Absolutely.

But to dismiss the fact the rest of the draft was garbage outside of snagging a good TE with a 5th is completely ludicrous.
Drj820 wrote: Hitting a HR that late is special work
…as is missing on a multiple years worth of top 10 picks without hitting on squat outside a no-brainer Bosa pick. :roll:
You’re funny because you think I’m being obtuse when really I just think what majority of all nfl watchers and analysts think outside of GB…that the niners have a superior roster due hitting home runs early and late in the draft.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2023 08:08
pressure leads to poor decision making, and just about everything else that goes bad for a QB, and I was told that by a person smarter then anyone in this forum
It's true that most quarterbacks numbers drop when pressured. But there's no doubt Love needs to do better than putting up a passer rating of 22.3 in those situations moving forward.
williewasgreat wrote:
13 Oct 2023 09:31
Brett Favre had a pretty long career and threw a lot of interceptions. I do agree that Love sometimes needs to make better decisions, but he is still very inexperienced.
Favre played in a different era of quarterback play though.
Papa John wrote:
13 Oct 2023 10:37
Even if this wasn't the circumstance under which he was drafted, average or good QB play still will not be enough for Green Bay to win a Super Bowl IMO.
Love was drafted under the exact circumstances I listed in my previous post.
TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Oct 2023 17:55
Maybe you are not old enough to remember the packers of the late 1950's. A bunch of rookies and second year players that someone like you would have cut and hire washed up 30+ year old veterans instead. All they needed was a coach and then Vince came to town and the run did not end until the late 1960's. This is a really GOOD roster. The jury, however, is still out on the HC and his subordinate coaches. From what I have read, asking Newman, JRJ and Jenkins with his knee to be pulling guards is not the mark of an offensive genius.
At this point you purely speculating the current roster is a really good one though.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
16 Oct 2023 05:01
Yoop wrote: ↑Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:08 am
pressure leads to poor decision making, and just about everything else that goes bad for a QB, and I was told that by a person smarter then anyone in this forum
It's true that most quarterbacks numbers drop when pressured. But there's no doubt Love needs to do better than putting up a passer rating of 22.3 in those situations moving forward.
true, but just look at some of the pass plays Matt is dialing up, course some of this is on Vrable, we have receivers running different routes that converge at the same pitch point, which makes coverage easy, so there not open, Love has to hold the ball, and the rush converges, that gets in a QB's head, so what happens is a snow ball affect and Love is concentrating on the rush just as mush as his receivers, imo it's why he is late at times to trigger and also leads to poor tech and inaccuracy.

sure he'll have to work through this, but the team needs to supply more help as well.

to me, there is no such thing as average when it comes to players that become NFL starters, and it's a team sport, so how well one player does is often reflected upon how others do. :idn:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
15 Oct 2023 19:52

Jaire and Gary are the two best players. Jaire was 2nd cb taken in the draft behind Denzel Ward. The Dline taken after Gary - Burn, simmons, dexter Lawrence. Couldn't really miss picking dline - unless you're the raiders picking clelin Ferrell
I generally don't have a dog in this fight other than trying to be accurate.

But trading up from 27 to 18 in the first round and getting arguably the best CB in the NFL, I don't see how anyone can try to belittle that pick.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
16 Oct 2023 08:47
bud fox wrote:

But trading up from 27 to 18 in the first round and getting arguably the best CB in the NFL, I don't see how anyone can try to belittle that pick.
Jaire had a major injury at Louisville too. It wasn’t an automatic hit.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
16 Oct 2023 08:47
bud fox wrote:

My bad forgot the trade- agree

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If Jordan Love has a baller game on Sunday, does that mean that we again have a future HOF QB?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Oct 2023 14:40
If Jordan Love has a baller game on Sunday, does that mean that we again have a future HOF QB?
No, he has already proven he can never be that.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Oct 2023 14:41
Acrobat wrote:
Oh shoot! If only we surrounded him by more talent during his prime. We've wasted 5 weeks of his career so far.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
16 Oct 2023 16:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Oct 2023 14:41
Acrobat wrote:
Oh shoot! If only we surrounded him by more talent during his prime. We've wasted 5 weeks of his career so far.
He needed more receivas!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

well, the lack of receiver production is obviously a issue, same thing with the OL, and everyone recognizes that, except I guess a few posters here

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
16 Oct 2023 07:13
true, but just look at some of the pass plays Matt is dialing up, course some of this is on Vrable, we have receivers running different routes that converge at the same pitch point, which makes coverage easy, so there not open, Love has to hold the ball, and the rush converges, that gets in a QB's head, so what happens is a snow ball affect and Love is concentrating on the rush just as mush as his receivers, imo it's why he is late at times to trigger and also leads to poor tech and inaccuracy.

sure he'll have to work through this, but the team needs to supply more help as well.

to me, there is no such thing as average when it comes to players that become NFL starters, and it's a team sport, so how well one player does is often reflected upon how others do. :idn:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Love is the only one to blame for the offense struggling nor I do believe we should make any final evaluations of him based on five games this season. He has to improve in handling being pressured though, otherwise there's no doubt in my mind he won't have a successful career in the NFL.