Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
23 Jul 2021 18:05
Raptorman wrote: Here's a problem. If the coaches are required to get the vaccine but the players are not, they are opening themselves up for a lawsuit they can't win. Either it's optional for everyone or no one. As far as I know, the NFL still has to abide by Federal Employment laws.
The players have a CBA that protects them from things like this. The coaching staff does not. The company I work for is setup essentially the same way. We pilots are unionized and protected under the CBA from the whims of senior leadership, the company admin and support staff are not.

The league can absolutely mandate vaccinations under their workplace safety umbrella and guys like Dennison - employees without any sort of organized contractual protections - will be forced to either comply or face termination. There are no federal protections that forbade this. Yes, even for an emergency approved vaccine.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/e ... e-covid-19
So then the question comes up if required by the NFL and a person gets the vaccine and has complications from the vaccine, is that then a workers comp claim? It's required. And was not part of the hiring requirement.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Serious, non political question...if an employer can’t even ask a women if she plans to become pregnant in an interview, how can they legally ask about vaccine status?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jul 2021 20:30
Serious, non political question...if an employer can’t even ask a women if she plans to become pregnant in an interview, how can they legally ask about vaccine status?
Good question.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
If you’re asking someone if they plan on becoming pregnant you’re asking about their sexual status. As in if she’s sexually active, in a relationship, etc. It’s unprofessional and irrelevant. It doesn’t affect the status of the people she will be working with.

On the other hand not being vaccinated could potentially put the rest of your workplace at risk. You aren’t asking about someone’s sexual status either in this circumstance. Being vaccinated or unvaccinated has nothing to do with sex.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jul 2021 21:46
Drj820 wrote:
If you’re asking someone if they plan on becoming pregnant you’re asking about their sexual status. As in if she’s sexually active, in a relationship, etc. It’s unprofessional and irrelevant. It doesn’t affect the status of the people she will be working with.

On the other hand not being vaccinated could potentially put the rest of your workplace at risk. You aren’t asking about someone’s sexual status either in this circumstance. Being vaccinated or unvaccinated has nothing to do with sex.
Have you ever Tested Positive for TB? If so, you can't work here. Asking questions about health outside of the ability to do the job is against the law. For example, if you are throwing bags for an airline, asking if you can lift 70 pounds is acceptable. If you are interviewing someone for a secretary position, then you can't ask them the same question because the position doesn't require it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Il take what you are saying and accept it, because I asked and am ignorant on the subject, but just to further the discussion...i thought that question was way less about sex and being sexually active, and way more about “if we hire you are you going to be on leave in 6 months due to pregnancy, thus affecting your coworkers as they pick up your slack as you are gone”. Thought the question was attempted to be asked pretty much only because of how a decision to get pregnant might affect the company and other coworkers, and might affect a workers productivity...similar to how the question of “are you vaccinated” may affect other coworkers, and May affect a workers productivity.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
23 Jul 2021 13:15
Yeah he looks the type lol.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
23 Jul 2021 22:55
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Have you ever Tested Positive for TB? If so, you can't work here. Asking questions about health outside of the ability to do the job is against the law. For example, if you are throwing bags for an airline, asking if you can lift 70 pounds is acceptable. If you are interviewing someone for a secretary position, then you can't ask them the same question because the position doesn't require it.
BS, if I own a co. I have the right to make and keep it a safe work place, in fact osha enforces rules designed to make it so, we have become a third world nation combating covid, one of the first to start vaccines and one of the slowest to recover because of people reluctent to vax, and you and I both know why they refuse to vax, how ignorant people have become in such a short time span.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 07:34
Raptorman wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

BS, if I own a co. I have the right to make and keep it a safe work place, in fact osha enforces rules designed to make it so, we have become a third world nation combating covid, one of the first to start vaccines and one of the slowest to recover because of people reluctent to vax, and you and I both know why they refuse to vax, how ignorant people have become in such a short time span.
Ah no. You have questions you can't ask. For example, it's illegal to ask someone if they have had covid. But you think it's okay to ask them if they had the vaccine. Doesn't work that way. And that is set down by the Feds. You know, the same people who run OSHA. Which is a joke. We could always tell when OSHA was coming to the workplace because we got new gloves and "bump" hats. Any safety equipment that we might have needed the past few months suddenly became available.

Why should I get vaccinated? I had COVID. I have never heard of a vaccine that does a better job of immunity than the disease itself.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

You clearly have never been outside the USA. More than half of the world population did not have ANY vaccine available to them before May

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

For example, it's illegal to ask someone if they have had covid. But you think it's okay to ask them if they had the vaccine. Doesn't work that way.
It does work that way, Raptor. I had to have a TB test every single time I got a new job. I had to provide a record of vaccination every time I got a new job. Employers have the right to require vaccination as a requirement for employment. The NFL has every right to require vaccination of it's non-players as a requirement for employment.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:32
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Ah no. You have questions you can't ask. For example, it's illegal to ask someone if they have had covid. But you think it's okay to ask them if they had the vaccine. Doesn't work that way. And that is set down by the Feds. You know, the same people who run OSHA. Which is a joke. We could always tell when OSHA was coming to the workplace because we got new gloves and "bump" hats. Any safety equipment that we might have needed the past few months suddenly became available.

Why should I get vaccinated? I had COVID. I have never heard of a vaccine that does a better job of immunity than the disease itself.
here you go again inventing the rules, as a employer I set the terms of employment, and I can ask any question I want concerning safety of my employee's, as usual you monkey up the conversation with situations that have nothing to do with these issues, you don't get to ask a woman if she's pregnant because here rights to bear children are covered under sick leave rules.

and people that have had covid are not near as protected from getting the virus again as the vaccine does, what are you Rand Pauls brother, another person thats blocking our nation from a faster recovery.

Skeptic, I wont even bother to respond to your post,since you don't bother to consider I meant 1st world nations, most of them are way ahead of us in the recovery of this disaster.

and your comment concerning whether I've been out of this country or not are so childish, as though world news isn't available and only a person with boots on the ground would know, and that sir is the height of ignorance.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:25
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

here you go again inventing the rules, as a employer I set the terms of employment, and I can ask any question I want concerning safety of my employee's, as usual you monkey up the conversation with situations that have nothing to do with these issues, you don't get to ask a woman if she's pregnant because here rights to bear children are covered under sick leave rules.

and people that have had covid are not near as protected from getting the virus again as the vaccine does, what are you Rand Pauls brother, another person thats blocking our nation from a faster recovery.

Skeptic, I wont even bother to respond to your post,since you don't bother to consider I meant 1st world nations, most of them are way ahead of us in the recovery of this disaster.

and your comment concerning whether I've been out of this country or not are so childish, as though world news isn't available and only a person with boots on the ground would know, and that sir is the height of ignorance.
Spoken like someone who has never run a business. No, you don't get to ask any questions you want. Its called the law. Unless of course you want to get sued.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Jul 2021 15:26
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Spoken like someone who has never run a business. No, you don't get to ask any questions you want. Its called the law. Unless of course you want to get sued.
:dunno:

first unless I've set foot on foreign soil I couldn't possibly know the covid conditions of those country's, duh
and now you with this, unless you own a business you can't possibly know which question you can or cannot ask a employee, double duh, I was a employee for 50 plus years, had to answer a lotta questions, had to take blood and !@#$ test, checked for weapons , I seriously can't think of a personal question that had not been asked, to bad someone wasn't around years ago to let me know I could just say NO :rotf:

obviously there are questions employers are not allowed to ask, but anything that pertains to workplace safety isn't one of them, that includes whether you been vaccinated and the courts are backing up these employers., same with football, get the shot or go home.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote: and people that have had covid are not near as protected from getting the virus again as the vaccine does, what are you Rand Pauls brother, another person thats blocking our nation from a faster recovery.
False. Study after study shows this to be patently false.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 16:35
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

first unless I've set foot on foreign soil I couldn't possibly know the covid conditions of those country's, duh
and now you with this, unless you own a business you can't possibly know which question you can or cannot ask a employee, double duh, I was a employee for 50 plus years, had to answer a lotta questions, had to take blood and !@#$ test, checked for weapons , I seriously can't think of a personal question that had not been asked, to bad someone wasn't around years ago to let me know I could just say NO :rotf:

obviously there are questions employers are not allowed to ask, but anything that pertains to workplace safety isn't one of them, that includes whether you been vaccinated and the courts are backing up these employers., same with football, get the shot or go home.
First. let me address the comment from the previous post. Where in the hell did I say anything about you in another country? Talking about making stuff up. Wow.

Second, I have owned my own business since 1988. Yeah, I've hired and fired people for 33 years. I know what can and can't be asked. And a question about what vaccines someone has received does not pertain to most jobs. Period. Therefore they are not allowed. The problem is most employers don't know the law, and most employee's let them get away with all kinds of stupid ass questions.

So, according to you, If someone chooses not to get a flu shot. It's workplace safety. After all, they might infect someone. If someone has tested positive for TB they might infect someone. Yeah, it's an issue. Highly contagious and responsible for 1.2 to 1.5 million deaths worldwide each year. 200,000 in the US. So, when was your last TB test? Have you been vaccinated for it? According to you, that's a reason to not hire someone. Workplace safety after all.

I would be interested to know how you reconcile these two statements.
I mean, on one hand, you claim they are ahead of us, on the other, you claim you couldn't know because you haven't set foot on foreign soil. So, which is it?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Jul 2021 20:34
Yoop wrote: and people that have had covid are not near as protected from getting the virus again as the vaccine does, what are you Rand Pauls brother, another person thats blocking our nation from a faster recovery.
no they don't, again people that have had covid are not as protected as they would be if also vaccinated, that is what the science says, and as with Raptors post, we are now dealing with a topic that belongs in the other room, but here ya go.

What we know from the literature is that people with mild or asymptomatic infection often have lower levels of antibody than those who had severe infection. So it looks like in this group of individuals that had mild infection, that one dose of vaccination really does boost the immune response, especially boosting their neutralizing antibodies to variant viruses,” said John Wherry, director of the Penn Institute of Immunology.

https://whyy.org/articles/ive-already-h ... ot-or-two/

heres another that shows that some people that have had covid do not produce the antibodies that will protect them from getting it again.

https://accessh.org/press/covid-immunit ... PMEALw_wcB

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jul 2021 06:30
APB wrote:
24 Jul 2021 20:34
no they don't, again people that have had covid are not as protected as they would be if also vaccinated, that is what the science says, and as with Raptors post, we are now dealing with a topic that belongs in the other room, but here ya go.

What we know from the literature is that people with mild or asymptomatic infection often have lower levels of antibody than those who had severe infection. So it looks like in this group of individuals that had mild infection, that one dose of vaccination really does boost the immune response, especially boosting their neutralizing antibodies to variant viruses,” said John Wherry, director of the Penn Institute of Immunology.

https://whyy.org/articles/ive-already-h ... ot-or-two/

heres another that shows that some people that have had covid do not produce the antibodies that will protect them from getting it again.

https://accessh.org/press/covid-immunit ... PMEALw_wcB
I have cited several studies - actual analysis of population groups and the effects on those groups - in the Vaccine discussion in the Podium. I won’t rehash them here. The overwhelming evidence shows previously infected persons to be as protected - and in many cases better protected - than those who received the vaccine.

You first article states:
The University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Institute of Immunology has been studying immune responses to the vaccines among people previously infected with the virus and comparing them to those of people who have never contracted it.
Their findings? People previously infected had stronger immune response. Well duh. This isn’t even what we’re talking about.

Your second linked article is from May 2020. They knew nothing about vaccinated response as compared to previously infected Covid-19 individuals because there wasn’t even a vaccine then.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Jul 2021 06:51
I have cited several studies - actual analysis of population groups and the effects on those groups - in the Vaccine discussion in the Podium. I won’t rehash them here. The overwhelming evidence shows previously infected persons to be as protected - and in many cases better protected - than those who received the vaccine.
as I said, people are more protected with vaccination even though they've had infected prior, not everyone develops anti body's the same, and the delta strain has infected both those with prior covid as well as vaccinated people, though the vaccinated stand a better chance then those not vaccinated

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/heal ... covid.html

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Jul 2021 23:31
Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 16:35
Raptorman wrote:
[/color]

First. let me address the comment from the previous post. Where in the hell did I say anything about you in another country? Talking about making stuff up. Wow.

Second, I have owned my own business since 1988. Yeah, I've hired and fired people for 33 years. I know what can and can't be asked. And a question about what vaccines someone has received does not pertain to most jobs. Period. Therefore they are not allowed. The problem is most employers don't know the law, and most employee's let them get away with all kinds of stupid ass questions.

So, according to you, If someone chooses not to get a flu shot. It's workplace safety. After all, they might infect someone. If someone has tested positive for TB they might infect someone. Yeah, it's an issue. Highly contagious and responsible for 1.2 to 1.5 million deaths worldwide each year. 200,000 in the US. So, when was your last TB test? Have you been vaccinated for it? According to you, that's a reason to not hire someone. Workplace safety after all.

I would be interested to know how you reconcile these two statements.
I mean, on one hand, you claim they are ahead of us, on the other, you claim you couldn't know because you haven't set foot on foreign soil. So, which is it?
read it again, I'am sure you can figure it out.