Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

As a whole the OLBs were awful against the run. Constantly giving up the edge or getting kicked out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

some injury updates that may impact next weeks' game

"Late in the 3rd quarter, the Lions suffered their third significant cornerback injury, all suffering the dreaded early season soft tissue hamstring injury. Detroit started the game with their first-round pick Jeff Okudah out with a hamstring injury. Justin Coleman suffered a hamstring injury in the second quarter of Sunday’s game. Desmond Trufant also going down with another hamstring injury as the 3rd quarter ended. No football team can survive three cluster injuries like this. This left the Lions with limited depth at corner..."
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Detroit hire our old S&C staff?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One thing I found funny last night during the Giants MNF game was, Kurt Herbstreet. He’s obviously a talented broadcaster, and he did pretty well!

I just found it obvious that he doesn’t watch much pro ball ha. Some of the things he was saying were completely clueless. After Martinez made a nice tackle near the sideline he called him “one of the best sideline to sideline LBs in the league”, and a “top 3 backer”...he made this conclusion based off the stat line he was reading about his tackling stats...but I just found it funny.

It appears Fackrell has found himself a starting role in NY..good for him! I noticed him being a poor run defender. Looked the same for Martinez. Also looks like Martinez is being asked to do a lot of what he had to do with us...that is not get much help and play lots of snaps.

I wish them both well.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Friction?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If a WR has friction after a win, that WR goes on my sh*+ list. It's all about role in that case. It's why I never get into the "should we trade for..." conversations about ODB or AB or whatever initials represent the available WR de jour of the moment.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
15 Sep 2020 11:08
Friction?

Someone wanted foles to start lol

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 09:20
One thing I found funny last night during the Giants MNF game was, Kurt Herbstreet. He’s obviously a talented broadcaster, and he did pretty well!

I just found it obvious that he doesn’t watch much pro ball ha. Some of the things he was saying were completely clueless. After Martinez made a nice tackle near the sideline he called him “one of the best sideline to sideline LBs in the league”, and a “top 3 backer”...he made this conclusion based off the stat line he was reading about his tackling stats...but I just found it funny.

It appears Fackrell has found himself a starting role in NY..good for him! I noticed him being a poor run defender. Looked the same for Martinez. Also looks like Martinez is being asked to do a lot of what he had to do with us...that is not get much help and play lots of snaps.

I wish them both well.
He did say some generic things but I thought he was excellent.. I wish he’d drop college and move to the pro’s.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 12:43
NCF wrote:
15 Sep 2020 11:08
Friction?

Someone wanted foles to start lol
:rotf:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Athletes always choose the most cash and they often regret their decision to let a few dollars dictate their professional happiness
Robinson chose the bears, but its not the bears fault they suck - its Robinson and his agent's fault for not understanding that TBSS is real.
Allen's mad at da bears, but he should be mad at himself/agent for making a really poor decision - especially after starting out with Bortles

"Over the weekend, former Jaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson discussed his free agency experience with First Coast News in Jacksonville, Robinson mentioned getting early interest from the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, and New York Jets, three teams with substantial cap space.
However, there was a surprise team who jumped into the fray: the Packers, who according to Robinson ended up being one of his final two choices.

Ultimately, Robinson signed with the Bears for three years and $42 million, a number that was probably a little bit too high for the Packers’ liking. "

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/pack ... in-chicago
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Always in the running for many free agents whether we know it or not!

One of the reasons why I don't get over-excited about signing a guy. It takes 2 to tango.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'd throw the Bears a 6th for him if they eat half his salary. :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 14:36
:rotf:
Where there is smoke, there is fire. :P

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The dude chose to sign in Chicago when both us and Chicago provided offers.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Niners going all in on aging Packer fan target trade deadline WRs.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
15 Sep 2020 17:51

Niners going all in on aging Packer fan target trade deadline WRs.
The 9ers get Sanders, Aiyuck and Sanu?! All in 10 months :mob: :mob: :mob: ;)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

John Lynch and myself think a lot a like!