Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:07
Pretty damn good play here

This kid is gonna be a good one. :)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:42
7386 first downs or TDs on 4th and 1. 4182 times 4th and 1 was stopped. 63.8% chance of getting 1st down.

Inside the 5 it is 863 converted, 976 stopped or 46.9%.
I am very in favor of going for it on 4th and short deep in opposing territory. The "downside" of a non-conversion still puts the opposing offense in such a hole that giving up points is unlikely and there's a chance to keep the field position favorable with an early stop. We did just fine on that yesterday; will never complain about that call unless it's as time expires in the half where the field position advantages are mitigated (imagine if we had stopped Lance on the last play of the half to keep the shutout going, for instance)
I am of the opposite view, particularly early in the game. In the 1st half I would have taken the 3 points .... this way of thinking has been around for decades.

Shows how little confidence LaCoach has in our defense.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:11
Shows how little confidence LaCoach has in our defense.
Insane interpretation. You go for it on 4th and goal from the 1 because you trust your defense, not because you don't. You know that if you get 7, you're great. If you fail, your D is in position to help you out as they dig out of bad field position.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow. So this is what the Packers had to overcome in a 12 minute span.

11:54 to go in the 4th quarter. GB 24. SF 14

3rd and 14 off two sacks by Gary. Bogus DPI on Stokes to move the chains.

A dropped ball then gets challenged and stands because of the bullsh*t "indisputable evidence"

Adams gets lit up and has to go to the injury tent. No penalty. Rodgers starts chucking the ball. You can tell everyone on the sideline is getting frazzled and paniced. Crowd is pumping because they are getting a game handed to them.

49ers get the ball down 21 to 24 with 8:00 to go.

Ball is gonna 3rd and 5. &%$@ Roughing penalty. Chains are moved and ball at midfield.

6:00 to go. Savage makes a tackle for loss of 1 on a pitch.

2nd and 11. Pocket gets collapsed on Jimmy. Amos is held like crazy by Kyle U and trips Jimmy to do something. FLAG. Tripping. Now ball inside 45 of GB territory

5:00 to go. Kenny Clark gets amazing push up the A gap. Sacks Jimmy G. Jimmy again does a pussy move and throws the ball on the ground thinking he can do that when inside the pocket. Is an idiot and throws ball backwards. GB ball.

In that 7 minute stretch, GB has 4 plays that were negative yard plays on the 9ers (would have been 5 if they didn't call Amos) and yet was negated by 4 very questionable if not bullsh*t completely calls on GB or not on SF.

Amazing stretch of resilience there by GB
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

FWIW, Football Outsiders Audibles at the Line coverage included:
Bryan Knowles: Jerome Boger is really making an impact on this game, which is less than ideal when you're the ref. The 49ers got bailed out by a pass interference call—I guess what goes around, comes around. Of the five big PI calls that we have had so far in this game, two of them should have been PI. It's really changing the feel of this game, and not in fun and exciting ways.

Oh, the 49ers turn the PI into a touchdown after a somewhat questionable catch ruling—the ball hit the ground on a Mohamed Sanu catch, but it was ruled that he had control of the ball. A few plays (and a few penalties!) later, the 49ers find the end zone and it's 24-21 Packers with 7:48 left. Set up for a good finish, if flags stay in pockets.

Aaron Schatz: Boger's crew just missed a clear helmet-to-helmet hit on Davante Adams.

Bryan Knowles: The penalties are driving me nuts. Ward should have been flagged for 15, and maybe even tossed, for that shot on Adams. Then, the Packers had a questionable roughing call on Garoppolo, and just ... argh. I guess it's evening it up from the bad calls earlier, but I don't want to see a game where both teams are getting shafted by the refs! Boger's crew is embarrassing themselves tonight.

Story of the game for me is still the terrible ref job on both sides, both at least we got some great classic Rodgers passes to finish us off!

Tom Gower: The ending of that game was nuts, just completely nuts.... And Jerome Boger and company, a constant factor in the first 58 minutes (that Jimmy G pass to start the touchdown drive sure didn't look forward when I rewound to check, but Green Bay was out of timeouts and couldn't challenge), weren't much of one the final two minutes, or at least I didn't notice them then.
They seemed to think that the first two 3rd down PIs that the Packers got in their favor were bad calls (I agree that one was), but also that Stokes had a bad call against him. But as the game went on, the errors, which included some both sidesness, really picked up against the Packers. So another objective take on how bad the refs were, and particularly mentioned the PI being a "bail out," the missed helmet-to-helmet, the roughing call, and the backwards pass that was called incomplete.

The Bill Simmons podcast with Cousin Sal similarly featured conversation about the refs, with Cousin Sal saying the bad calls were making him root for Aaron Rodgers even though he hates rooting for Aaron Rodgers. "Don't have me root for Aaron Rodgers when I don't need to; this is silly..." And went on to say "I was rooting for him only because I thought they were getting gypped by the refs"

Just making myself and [mention]go pak go[/mention] feel better by validating our ability to objectively complain as often as I can today, haha

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I didn't look at all of the comments. But did anybody mention after the game that Mason Crosby saved a kick return from being a TD in the first half? That's TWO game saving/winning plays by him. Awesome!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:25
I didn't look at all of the comments. But did anybody mention after the game that Mason Crosby saved a kick return from being a TD in the first half? That's TWO game saving/winning plays by him. Awesome!
Missed opportunity by reporters too. No one asked him about it post-game. Was definitely a big play.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Final Drive:

GB forced SF into 3rd and long twice.

1 was to Kittle in the middle of the field for 39 yards.

2nd was to Samuel with pressure in Jimmy's face and Jaire in great coverage. It was just a sick SF play.

Very smart play was the 2ndary allowing Kyle U to get into the endzone rather than tackle him at the 1.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:24
(that Jimmy G pass to start the touchdown drive sure didn't look forward when I rewound to check, but Green Bay was out of timeouts and couldn't challenge),
Thats the one i was talking about that al and collinsworth never mentioned, that was a lateral that should have been a loss of at least 7
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:28
Scott4Pack wrote:
Missed opportunity by reporters too. No one asked him about it post-game. Was definitely a big play.
Would have been better off honestly allowing the kick return to be a TD to give us the ball back looking back on it.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 312 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Actually, letting them get the kick return TD would have been way better. We could of had a shot for points before half instead of them running out the clock and still getting 7.

In hindsight.

But nice tackle by Mason. Still just wish he could kick it out of the back of the end zone.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just watched the replay of the midfield bomb to Adams on the final drive.

That is what the 9ers are complaining about? Could it have been hold? Sure. Was it blatant? absolutely not.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:32
Very smart play was the 2ndary allowing Kyle U to get into the endzone rather than tackle him at the 1.
I mean did we smartly allow that, or did #41 get trucked into the end zone naturally? :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I would be in favor of ejections any time a defender or offender leads with the crown of their helmet and it contacts the opponents helmet. Have it be reviewable. No matter the circumstances, it is never good football to be looking at the ground when a player is contacting an opponent.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:37
go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 10:32
I mean did we smartly allow that, or did #41 get trucked into the end zone naturally? :lol:
Let me believe what I want to believe.
Yoop wrote:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:53
Also. Can I comment how much I hate Kyle Shannahan and his stupid white skaterboy hat?
Yes. Its a super douchey 90's look. Not skaterboy though, its more Vanilla Ice.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »