Offseason Coaches' Pressers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this has become comedy central, thanks for dropping in PN, I actually enjoy listening to a bragger, it helps me focus on my inner self, work on humility, and realize I'am just a small fish in a very large pond.

I took some time yesterday after you mentioned the size of our most active members as about 6, turns out thats about the same as most forums, 6 to 8 or 9 active participants, with a couple doz others that pop in now and then, so we seem normal in that respect.

We/ Me are always welcoming new participants, and are open to new idea's, what NO one welcomes is condescending insults, put downs, specially so in original posts, when we wouldn't go along with your Love for Olave, you degraded our opinions, when we said Tom Clements seemed dis interested in his presser, and gave a cocky response to a simple question of " what brought you to GB, you felt the need to stick up for Clements, which is fine, what you didn't need to do is denigrate and insult others to do so.

Typically new participants that come to talk Packer football on any forum show a modicum of respect, it's a new place and making friends requires that, you did none of that, to my knowledge you've come here on two occasions, and both times you came to stir up vitriol if members disagreed with your narrow minded point of view, and that sir is trolling, you came looking for a fight and you got it, seriously wtf kind of response did you expect to get, grow up A H.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I've been thoroughly entertained by all of this.

I've still seen more posts about the square footage of my guest bathroom than I have of this great wealth of self proclaimed Packer knowledge, but to each their own.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

PackerNation wrote:
26 May 2022 06:40
Does anyone else here want to cry about me before I go?
Yes, thank you for asking. You already took your ball and went home once before. I'm sure you will be back again to tell us how cool and smart you are. When you do, the "six of us" will still be here ready and willing to have a decent conversation. If you come back the same $%@# wad you have shown yourself to be I would not expect your experience to be any different than the first two times. All the best. See you soon?

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have a thriving Commercial Real Estate business. Two homes, including a 13,000 square foot home on the water in Door County. A beautiful wife, and 2 incredibly successful children.
Anyone else think of this scene when reading that?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Am I the only one concerned that PackerNation has children and that future forums are doomed?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I have a rusty old car, two dogs, and 42 undeveloped acres, you guys better listen to me dammit!!! :x

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:
26 May 2022 08:15
PackerNation wrote:
Yes, thank you for asking. You already took your ball and went home once before. I'm sure you will be back again to tell us how cool and smart you are. When you do, the "six of us" will still be here ready and willing to have a decent conversation. If you come back the same $%@# wad you have shown yourself to be I would not expect your experience to be any different than the first two times. All the best. See you soon?
The handfull of 6 are def tough to crack. This guy came on strong and gave up too quick. As an outsider you have to find a role. Eventually you may be tolerated here but you have to be careful not to offend the elite. It's a fun challenge.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
26 May 2022 19:46
NCF wrote:
PackerNation wrote:
The handfull of 6 are def tough to crack. This guy came on strong and gave up too quick. As an outsider you have to find a role. Eventually you may be tolerated here but you have to be careful not to offend the elite. It's a fun challenge.
Exactly. This is an ultra elite crowd that consistently excels in a manner that would make Vince proud. They do their homework and stay amazingly current. I'm just happy to be here as one of the newcomers.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 26 May 2022 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

PackerNation wrote:
24 May 2022 12:30
Also, at what age do you stop thinking it's cool to SAY you smoke weed? I have zero issue with smoking bud, but never would bring it up in this format. Immaturity is never a good look.
PackerNation wrote:

You all should go look in the mirror. Seriously go stand and look at yourself in the mirror for 7 minutes.

Success, change, and a good life, only come to those who create it for themselves.

I have a thriving Commercial Real Estate business. Two homes, including a 13,000 square foot home on the water in Door County. A beautiful wife, and 2 incredibly successful children.

Living the dream, because I never accepted anything less.

This whole forum is based on being less than. You all can say whatever you want about me after reading this, I won't see it, but I speak the truth, and if you ever want to stop failing at life, you need to stop the cycle and change.
At what age do you stop thinking it's cool to SAY you're prideful? I have zero issues with the prideful, I throw back a can of gluttony from time to time, myself. But I would never just BOAST in a format like this. Immaturity is never a good look :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 May 2022 12:49
I have a rusty old car, two dogs, and 42 undeveloped acres, you guys better listen to me dammit!!! :x

I REALLY wish I had 40+ undeveloped acres to my name
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I hope packer Nation comes back soon. I miss the little guy already.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2022 20:43
PackerNation wrote:
24 May 2022 12:30
Also, at what age do you stop thinking it's cool to SAY you smoke weed? I have zero issue with smoking bud, but never would bring it up in this format. Immaturity is never a good look.
PackerNation wrote:

You all should go look in the mirror. Seriously go stand and look at yourself in the mirror for 7 minutes.

Success, change, and a good life, only come to those who create it for themselves.

This whole forum is based on being less than. You all can say whatever you want about me after reading this, I won't see it, but I speak the truth, and if you ever want to stop failing at life, you need to stop the cycle and change.
At what age do you stop thinking it's cool to SAY you're prideful? I have zero issues with the prideful, I throw back a can of gluttony from time to time, myself. But I would never just BOAST in a format like this. Immaturity is never a good look :lol:
I personally wake up every morning believing I am god's gift to the world. I dont need to say it... but at the same time Im gonna do it anyways.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Looks like I missed something here.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 May 2022 23:04
Looks like I missed something here.
The greatest and most knowledgeable of all Packers fans graced us with his presence.....and the entire forum promptly went :mob: and the guy went :swear: -> :eekout:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2022 21:19
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Stop wishing for the land and start not accepting anything less. You will get what you expect.

Our brightest Packer mind who ever touched this forum taught me that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 May 2022 06:07
Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2022 21:19
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Stop wishing for the land and start not accepting anything less. You will get what you expect.

Our brightest Packer mind who ever touched this forum taught me that.
you will get what your willing to work for, had to add that clarifier because now days so many people expect stuff without laboring for it, one of the biggest problems in our country is the free ride thinking.

we discussed this before, way to many young people simply do not want to work, went to college to get training so there mind could do the labor versus there back, they expected to be rewarded, the result was a job at Burger King, and they are the most miserable people you'd want to meet, all because they wanted the easy life.

I don't know who this brightest person you speak of is, but that advise is short sighted, it's my experience that very few people get what they expect, I think it's great to make plans, as long as we don't plan the outcome, because there are far to many factors involved in our every day life to predict the future.
Dont take this wrong, having a positive attitude usually leads to a good outcome, but prosperity thinking often leads to despair and heartache, often what we desire is actually unattainable, just saying :)
Last edited by Yoop on 27 May 2022 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
NCF wrote:
PackerNation wrote:
I feel like you want this to be true so bad, but it isn't. I don't even know who these "six" are, but I feel like any misperception is simply based on posting volume. I'm sure if you stop and think about it you can probably come up with examples where you are arguing with one person and others agree with you and those posters are not the same from thread to thread. I kind of think that is the point of the site, isn't it? I have probably fought and argued with [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] more than anyone on this site. [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] and I have gone back and forth in many a heated PM's, and [mention]Yoop[/mention] is never afraid of confrontation right out in the open. Even [mention]BF004[/mention], who is my own brother, I do not agree with all the time and there are plenty of times when he posts something that makes me want to kick him in the junk. I get over it. I respect everyone's opinion and am always up for a debate on Packers football because that is what I enjoy doing.

I feel like I am always encouraging and accepting of new posters. Everyone deserves a chance. Most do fine. But when you come in swinging like this guy, it takes a lot of restraint to hold back and I was in no mood to do so. I suspect others felt the same. Yes, when you are the new guy there is some personal responsibility to do what it takes to fit in. I don't think that means you have to agree with everyone, though.

I don't remember all our exchanges, but I know you and I have gotten into before. Still, when we migrated over to the new site and you didn't follow immediately, who went back and PM'd you and made sure you knew you were welcome to come join the party over here? You are more part of the group than you even realize.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2022 08:33
Realist wrote:
NCF wrote:

I feel like you want this to be true so bad, but it isn't. I don't even know who these "six" are, but I feel like any misperception is simply based on posting volume. I'm sure if you stop and think about it you can probably come up with examples where you are arguing with one person and others agree with you and those posters are not the same from thread to thread. I kind of think that is the point of the site, isn't it? I have probably fought and argued with @YoHoChecko more than anyone on this site. @Pckfn23 and I have gone back and forth in many a heated PM's, and @Yoop is never afraid of confrontation right out in the open. Even @BF004, who is my own brother, I do not agree with all the time and there are plenty of times when he posts something that makes me want to kick him in the junk. I get over it. I respect everyone's opinion and am always up for a debate on Packers football because that is what I enjoy doing.

I feel like I am always encouraging and accepting of new posters. Everyone deserves a chance. Most do fine. But when you come in swinging like this guy, it takes a lot of restraint to hold back and I was in no mood to do so. I suspect others felt the same. Yes, when you are the new guy there is some personal responsibility to do what it takes to fit in. I don't think that means you have to agree with everyone, though.

I don't remember all our exchanges, but I know you and I have gotten into before. Still, when we migrated over to the new site and you didn't follow immediately, who went back and PM'd you and made sure you knew you were welcome to come join the party over here? You are more part of the group than you even realize.
well said NCF
It takes all sorts of opinions to make a forum attractive, if we all agreed on every topic this forum would have shut down years ago, like most forums it has the busy time with quite a few active posters during the season and the draft and ota's to only a handful of the real die hards during the off season, and all forums seem to revolve this way.

Packer Nation isn't the first guy to come here demanding that we agree with his opinions, and when we wont starts attacking the members, and acting like a know it all, and he wont be the last, and it's there loss mostly, we'll survive, because through it all, there is at least a modicum of respect for one another even if at times we get angry and argue, We/me welcomed him when he first came around, what we wont do is kiss his ass to stay :nono:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Who was realist on the old site?

There is certainly packers “orthodoxy” on this site. And other opinions must be fought hard for to earn any respect, but I enjoy those debates. Also there are posters that what they say is treated as gospel, while others must show their work to be respected lol

Also as far as the orthodoxy thing, the past two years in the regular season the team has looked so good, at some point you become a hater if you try to pump the brakes and say “whoa, come playoff time this is going to be a problem”. Thats a good example of fighting up hill battles when going against the tide.

Everyone that’s tried that route has gotten bopped by the mythical 6.

That said, I think it’s fun here overall and I love engaging about the packers. Sometimes I like to be in the majority, sometimes I like to stake out my own lane and debate from that pocket. It’s all in good fun and entertaining. I learn a lot about the packers here and most everyone seems cool.

I want to watch a game live with wild Ringo sometime!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

PackerNation wrote:

There is a lot of disagreement and arguments on this forum. That's some of fun of doing it. What kind of forum would it be if we all agreed about everything. That would be really boring! If you want to discuss and disagree with people here, you need to develop a thicker skin. By the way, I really don't think anyone here gives a rat's ass about your self-proclaimed wonderful life. I'm betting most people here are pretty happy and content with their lives and don't have to tell the world about it.