OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2022 14:23
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2022 14:14
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 13:36
And this is coming from a guy that usually does talk injury points more than others.

I sniffed out Z Smith's injury last year hard and got ridiculed for it. I also said the same "knee jerk" reactions of other players who missed the season during the game based on reports we received (like Mercilus)
nothing like fog horning your carnic abilities :rotf: don't remember your forecasting Z going to IR, but whatever.
I remember it.
Ya know why he got ridiculed, anyone can make a guess like that, if it doesn't come true no one even notices, cares, or pays attention, if it becomes true, he gets to brag about it as he just did.< I don't know how anyone can predict with any certainty on the extent of a player injury, anyone can guess this stuff and be right once in a while.

I wonder how many people guess that Bahktiari would be ready for the PO's two years ago, or last year? I expect plenty, yet since it didn't happen we get no horn blowers :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 13:36
And this is coming from a guy that usually does talk injury points more than others.

I sniffed out Z Smith's injury last year hard and got ridiculed for it. I also said the same "knee jerk" reactions of other players who missed the season during the game based on reports we received (like Mercilus)

But I'm just not there yet with Bakh.

If however he doesn't participate in camp right away....you damn right I will be ringing the alarm bells. There should be no real reason he isn't ready by camp. It's not like "one more month of rest" will likely change things for him by then. So I would start being pessimistic by then.
nothing like fog horning your carnic abilities :rotf: don't remember your forecasting Z going to IR, but whatever.

Nijman is our backup LT, should have let him start in the PO game, and he did well last year filling for Bahk, Know one with actual knowledge concerning Bakhtiari seems worried, why should I be.
Your list of memory recollection that includes things that never actually happened is much larger than your list of memory recollection of things that actually happened.

So I'm not too worried about it. :lol:
Last edited by go pak go on 02 Jun 2022 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2022 15:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I remember it.
Ya know why he got ridiculed, anyone can make a guess like that, if it doesn't come true no one even notices, cares, or pays attention, if it becomes true, he gets to brag about it as he just did.< I don't know how anyone can predict with any certainty on the extent of a player injury, anyone can guess this stuff and be right once in a while.

I wonder how many people guess that Bahktiari would be ready for the PO's two years ago, or last year? I expect plenty, yet since it didn't happen we get no horn blowers :idn:
You can usually tell by type of injury.

Z Smith had bad aura written all over it. June injury. Back injury. Tried to practice and went back out. ...there were a lot of reasons to be alarmed.

Mercilus was incredibly easy. We knew it was arm or shoulder. Once we heard bicep...that was a slam dunk.

Knees are a little bit trickier. I was 50-50 on those. Tonyan I was correct about. Aaron Jones I was not. I thought it was ACL for sure based on the body language on the sideline.

Hamstring or Ankle...those usually mean they will try and play again at some point in the season but by and large will never be close to even 80% and we will read stories the following offseason of how "hard and painful it was because they rushed back to soon."

And I seriously would like to believe my reputation has me of a guy who is willing to "spout" something and admit it when he is wrong.

Oh and Bakh? Yeah I got hammered pretty hard from guys like YoHo and packfn23 on the whole 8 - 9 months thing. I certainly never foresaw missing all of 2021...but I definitely was in the "he will start the season on PUP camp"
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 15:25
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2022 15:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

I remember it.

You can usually tell by type of injury.

Z Smith had bad aura written all over it. June injury. Back injury. Tried to practice and went back out. ...there were a lot of reasons to be alarmed.

Mercilus was incredibly easy. We knew it was arm or shoulder. Once we heard bicep...that was a slam dunk.

Knees are a little bit trickier. I was 50-50 on those. Tonyan I was correct about. Aaron Jones I was not. I thought it was ACL for sure based on the body language on the sideline.

Hamstring or Ankle...those usually mean they will try and play again at some point in the season but by and large will never be close to even 80% and we will read stories the following offseason of how "hard and painful it was because they rushed back to soon."

And I seriously would like to believe my reputation has me of a guy who is willing to "spout" something and admit it when he is wrong.

Oh and Bakh? Yeah I got hammered pretty hard from guys like YoHo and packfn23 on the whole 8 - 9 months thing. I certainly never foresaw missing all of 2021...but I definitely was in the "he will start the season on PUP camp"
Heck man, even the Doctors avoid giving a time line of recovery if they can get out of it, I think it's near impossible for us to know just how severe a back injury is, a person can be a lot of pain one day and show signs of complete recovery the next, unless it's skeletal issue then it's likely muscles, and they can heal pretty quick., which brings me back to, how could you possibly know the severity of Z's injury when even the Doctors didn't :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

*me posting something...getting a response from yoop and sensing I'm about to enter 4 pages of wasting everyone's time*

I think I will just post a Giphy of this instead every time I sense this is about to happen. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Zs final season in Gb was a real shame. I hope Bahk doesnt walk the same plank.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 16:07
Zs final season in Gb was a real shame. I hope Bahk doesnt walk the same plank.
I am just hoping he is able to walk the plank by seasons end.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 11:40
Except the reason given was NOT injury.
“Our plan all along was to hold him from this and get strong and hopefully be ready to go for training camp,” said LaFleur”

Direct quote from Lafleur on Bahk.

“Get strong” and “HOPEFULLY be ready to go for training camp”

Are the key words in the comment.

They imply he still is not up to needed strength, and they imply he is not already cleared for training camp and coach is “hopeful”, not “certain” that he will he cleared come camp.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 18:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 11:40
Except the reason given was NOT injury.
“Our plan all along was to hold him from this and get strong and hopefully be ready to go for training camp,” said LaFleur”

Direct quote from Lafleur on Bahk.

“Get strong” and “HOPEFULLY be ready to go for training camp”

Are the key words in the comment.

They imply he still is not up to needed strength, and they imply he is not already cleared for training camp and coach is “hopeful”, not “certain” that he will he cleared come camp.
If he can't play we'll just Roll with Nijman, he did pretty well filling in last year, and he's had a whole off season to study his play and improve.

seriously I don't get all this angst over this, it's like the end of the world if Bahk can't play.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
For sure. I was the most wrong on Bakh. More wrong than anyone else on the board, more persistent in my wrongness, more directly wrong. Supes wrong. And with Z, as well. I tend to trust averages too much, acknowledge positive outliers the right amount, but acknowledge negative outliers far too infrequently. That trend continues. I never expect a negative outlier. It is a flaw in my worldview and thinking, and I'm ok with it, but must acknowledge it.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2022 20:16
go pak go wrote:
For sure. I was the most wrong on Bakh. More wrong than anyone else on the board, more persistent in my wrongness, more directly wrong. Supes wrong. And with Z, as well. I tend to trust averages too much, acknowledge positive outliers the right amount, but acknowledge negative outliers far too infrequently. That trend continues. I never expect a negative outlier. It is a flaw in my worldview and thinking, and I'm ok with it, but must acknowledge it.
I think your outlook on ACL's regarding Tonyan, Jenkins and Hill is spot on. From the videos we have seen, it seems to be. And there are 3 months before the season starts.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2022 20:16
go pak go wrote:
You damn optimists and your positivity… :mrgreen:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 16:01
*me posting something...getting a response from yoop and sensing I'm about to enter 4 pages of wasting everyone's time*

I think I will just post a Giphy of this instead every time I sense this is about to happen. :lol:
more like you bragging about something you guessed on that turned out right, something even the coaches thought could go either way upsets you when challenged even when u said the injury lingered for 4 months prior to IR, so I asked how could you have possibly fore seen a season ending outcome? :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2022 10:07
go pak go wrote:

more like you bragging about something you guessed on that turned out right, something even the coaches thought could go either way upsets you when challenged even when u said the injury lingered for 4 months prior to IR, so I asked how could you have possibly fore seen a season ending outcome? :idn:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2022 10:53
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Forums are best when everyone isn’t so safe. It’s good to call your shot. Own it when it’s wrong, flex when your right.

Yoop, you were right that the team needed a better WR2 to win a Súper bowl

GPG was right that Z was never right. He saw it coming from a mile away and was right

I was right that we had 0% chance of winning a Súper bowl last year with our STs play and the coach should have been fired mid year.

Bud fox was rodgers was destined for b2b MVP

Many were dead wrong about Rodgers coming back. Paco even famously told us all to quit discussing it because it’s a waste of time because there is “0% chance” he will be back haha.

The hot takes are fun. Keep them coming. Yoop, give GPG his props on z. I give you props for correctly diagnosing that our offense lacked the WR talent to win super bowls

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean I think there is a big difference between calling a shot of "will Rodgers be back" or "Rodgers will win B2B MVP's compared to "X position group stinks and we won't win a SB"

Like the very statement of "we won't win a SB" and then link it to the most obvious weak spot on a roster is the exact definition of safe.

1 of 32 teams wins a SB. So 31 others lose. Pretty freaking safe to call that shot.

Pointing out a roster weakness for sake of seeing a roster weakness is something anyone can see. The keys to the 49ers game included "don't f*ck up on ST's" for a reason...everyone saw it.

My Z Smith thing got into it because of many tangents. Including the "cautious level of the Packers training staff"

But more importantly than all of this, my point of bringing up my Z Smith prediction or other injuries was simply to point out that I have a track record of being cautious with injury. Not to brag like yoop keeps trying to portray. Instead I used it as an example of a normally cautious guy isn't sounding any alarms on Bakh yet because there isn't any reason to be alarmed.

Yoop just kept trying to tangent the discussion which I am trying to not get sucked into.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2022 13:32
go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2022 10:53
Yoop wrote:

Forums are best when everyone isn’t so safe. It’s good to call your shot. Own it when it’s wrong, flex when your right.

Yoop, you were right that the team needed a better WR2 to win a Súper bowl

GPG was right that Z was never right. He saw it coming from a mile away and was right

I was right that we had 0% chance of winning a Súper bowl last year with our STs play and the coach should have been fired mid year.

Bud fox was rodgers was destined for b2b MVP

Many were dead wrong about Rodgers coming back. Paco even famously told us all to quit discussing it because it’s a waste of time because there is “0% chance” he will be back haha.

The hot takes are fun. Keep them coming. Yoop, give GPG his props on z. I give you props for correctly diagnosing that our offense lacked the WR talent to win super bowls
well first they thought the injury would heal itself with rest, and after over 3 months of rest realized he needed surgery, so for anyone to predict a season ending situation is doing nothing but guessing imo. I applaud his guessing ability.

I thought my original response would get a laugh, Blowing the fog horn, Carnic ability where words used to to get one, but no :hail:

our situation at the WR position left NO room for injury to anyone, yet we lost 3 key contributors with Cobb, MVS, and Tonyan, and while Lazard has proven to be a good 3 or 4th receiver, he gets open more because of poor DB play then he does on personal ability, when your RB is your most productive receiver then it's obvious the WR position is lacking, and had been for 5 years.

the best chance for us to win a SB included Aaron Rodgers at QB, and after all Gute has done to make us a SB contender he would have done just about anything to retain him, including making him the highest paid player in the league, again.

Paco has been in the Love camp since he was drafted and had been vocal that trading Rodgers was what he wanted to do

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah. 100% with calling your takes, owning your wings, and touting your rights.

But 100% with GPG that “we won’t win a super bowl” is a weak take that historically has been right over 90% of the time, leaves you patting yourself on the back when your favorite team loses, and doesn’t deserve much of any kudos. It’s like betting a 17-point favorite on moneyline and then claiming you were right because of some great insight you had.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2022 20:18

But 100% with GPG that “we won’t win a super bowl” is a weak take that historically has been right over 90% of the time, leaves you patting yourself on the back when your favorite team loses, and doesn’t deserve much of any kudos. It’s like betting a 17-point favorite on moneyline and then claiming you were right because of some great insight you had.
This is where you and GPG are wrong. Around here, as soon as the Packers lay waste to the NFCN and compete for a top seed every year, it becomes blasphemy to point out team faults. Yoop gets stabbed for saying we need another WR as people pull out stats for performances against the Lions.

The Prophets saying the STs would cost us were slandered and reminded “every team has faults”.

It’s the same story every year. At some point, due to reg season success, it becomes blasphemy to point out red flags. Just the way it is.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2022 20:18

So if you dont think ur favorite team has a chance to win the superbowl based on moves made by management Is a weak take? How do you feel about the fans that think year after year their favorite team is going to win the superbowl? Its not about patting ones self on the back. Its the reality of the situation the packers are in.