Amari Rodgers Training Video

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:27
Drj820 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:25

Speak for yourself.
Trolls gotta troll I see. Only a troll would claim they know the playbook.
You don’t have to know the playbook to evaluate a good route lol
I will say it again, this has little to do with how crisp or sloppy the route is run... NFL routes are much more than that. I guess your ignorance of the pro game is greater than I thought.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:32
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I will say it again, this has little to do with how crisp or sloppy the route is run... NFL routes are much more than that. I guess your ignorance of the pro game is greater than I thought.
quit insulting people, your so out in left field with your comments, of course people can see if a receiver rounds his freaking route, or isn't able to win 1x1's or is stymied at the LOS, look how GPG complained of Jones not turning out instead of in when he failed to get out of bounds to stop the clock last year, you seem to be the only blind guy in this room and can't see this stuff.

Sullivan in his game summery mentions this type stuff every week, and here you are calling us nuts and liars, F Y.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

quit insulting people, your so out in left field with your comments, of course people can see if a receiver rounds his freaking route, or isn't able to win 1x1's or is stymied at the LOS, look how GPG complained of Jones not turning out instead of in when he failed to get out of bounds to stop the clock last year, you seem to be the only blind guy in this room and can't see this stuff.

Sullivan in his game summery mentions this type stuff every week, and here you are calling us nuts and liars, F Y.
I didn't say someone can not see if a receiver runs a crisp route or not. :thwap: Literally what I have been saying the entire time:
So you are saying you have the play book, you know what routes are to be run against the alignments the defense gives and the after snap drops they exhibit? You have been in the meeting rooms and spoken with players and/or coaches to know the nuances of the routes and how Aaron Rodgers would like to have them run?...

Do you understand how large an NFL playbook is? Do you understand that each route run on each play has multiple variations depending on the presnap alignment of the defense and the coverage?
There is SO much more to an NFL play or even more specifically a route than the crispness, the ability to win 1 on 1, or defeat the press... That's the easy stuff to see, that's the tip of the iceberg of an NFL route. THAT has not been and is not what I am talking about.

To know where the catch point should be a person would need to know the playbook and how the team/QB wants the routes to be run. NO ONE here knows either.

Don't try to strawman me because you didn't realize how complex an NFL play is.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Guy who needs a peak at the playbook to evaluate the quality of a route, has a tantrum and calls others ignorant. Cant make it up, but funny stuff tho. Lol!!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

All of this originating from a post the original poster admitted was a mistake (drops vs catch efficiency).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Aug 2022 22:53
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I didn't say someone can not see if a receiver runs a crisp route or not. :thwap: Literally what I have been saying the entire time:
So you are saying you have the play book, you know what routes are to be run against the alignments the defense gives and the after snap drops they exhibit? You have been in the meeting rooms and spoken with players and/or coaches to know the nuances of the routes and how Aaron Rodgers would like to have them run?...

Do you understand how large an NFL playbook is? Do you understand that each route run on each play has multiple variations depending on the presnap alignment of the defense and the coverage?
There is SO much more to an NFL play or even more specifically a route than the crispness, the ability to win 1 on 1, or defeat the press... That's the easy stuff to see, that's the tip of the iceberg of an NFL route. THAT has not been and is not what I am talking about.

To know where the catch point should be a person would need to know the playbook and how the team/QB wants the routes to be run. NO ONE here knows either.

oh so now your going to resort to tell me who has watched and actually played this game 40 years before you where even born the intricacies of running a pass route, to funny.

ya don't need to know any of that stuff, obviously Rodgers misses a receiver at times, but he's the best in the business, again, if he can hit Adams in stride, and Jones and past receivers and rarely connected 50% of the time with Scantling, then the problem is with Scantling, and if you can't accept that then the problem is also on YOU.

<snip>

I explained to you in detail why some receivers do well and others struggle, should be very easy to understand, Doubs is doing well because he runs accurate and crisp routes, route running is the key to being a successful WR, if ya don't think thats accurate just go ask anyone you respect.

Mod edit: No need for personal insults.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:32
All of this originating from a post the original poster admitted was a mistake (drops vs catch efficiency).

and heres the person that new what I was talking about, yet for &%$@ and grins points out the difference as though drops are more important then actually getting a hand on the football, do you people even realize how rediculous that is, obviously not.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:42
APB wrote:

and heres the person that new what I was talking about, yet for &%$@ and grins points out the difference as though drops are more important then actually getting a hand on the football, do you people even realize how rediculous that is, obviously not.
No, actually. What I "knew" was what you actually posted, that MVS "dropped" 50% of the passes that went his way.

Words have meaning, no matter how "ridiculous" it may sound to you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 04:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Guy who needs a peak at the playbook to evaluate the quality of a route, has a tantrum and calls others ignorant. Cant make it up, but funny stuff tho. Lol!!!
Again, nope. Not talking about the quality of the route, how crisp or sloppy it is. There is much more that goes into a route that determines the catch point, which was the OPs main topic. Yes, if one doesn't understand that a route is more complex than simply crispness, they are lacking knowledge. Maybe my third time pointing this out will help you grasp the point?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 07:07
Drj820 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 04:20
Pckfn23 wrote:

Again, nope. Not talking about the quality of the route, how crisp or sloppy it is. I guess your reading comprehension suffers as well. If you see calling out your lack of knowledge of how complex an NFL route actually is is a tantrum than you have some pretty thin skin, but I suspect it is nothing of the sort and you are simply saying things to get reaction. A troll. Very sophomoric of you.
you've been condescending to both J and me with your silly post, NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THE FREAKING PLAY BOOK to know if MVS can't get a hand on the pass 50% of the time ( that gracious of me, usually if hovers at 40% ) that he is the problem and not Rodgers

Hey APB, why don't you snip some of 23's smart aleck argumentative comments, it is idiotic to blame Rodgers when it is beyond obvious that Scantling couldn't run a route to keep his job here, common knowledge from anyone that isn't hell bent on hating Rodgers and defending receivers like Scantling

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:37
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

oh so now your going to resort to tell me who has watched and actually played this game 40 years before you where even born the intricacies of running a pass route, to funny.
No, I am not just doing it now, I have been doing it this entire time. Age does not automatically equal knowledge.
ya don't need to know any of that stuff, obviously Rodgers misses a receiver at times, but he's the best in the business, again, if he can hit Adams in stride, and Jones and past receivers and rarely connected 50% of the time with Scantling, then the problem is with Scantling, and if you can't accept that then the problem is also on YOU.
I really don't care about any of that. I have been questioning how someone with no knowledge of the playbook or access to the coaches/players knows exactly where the catch point would be.
I explained to you in detail why some receivers do well and others struggle, should be very easy to understand, Doubs is doing well because he runs accurate and crisp routes, route running is the key to being a successful WR, if ya don't think thats accurate just go ask anyone you respect.
How do you know the routes are accurate? Crispness is easy to see, but only a small part of what makes a route a quality route. There are many variations of a route on a given play depending on defensive alignment and coverage. The receivers route has to reflect this. The problem lies in that we don't know how a receiver should adjust their route. We aren't privy to the playbook and this can not accurately say where the catch point should be.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Aug 2022 07:17

you've been condescending to both J and me with your silly post, NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THE FREAKING PLAY BOOK to know if MVS can't get a hand on the pass 50% of the time ( that gracious of me, usually if hovers at 40% ) that he is the problem and not Rodgers

Hey APB, why don't you snip some of 23's smart aleck argumentative comments, it is idiotic to blame Rodgers when it is beyond obvious that Scantling couldn't run a route to keep his job here, common knowledge from anyone that isn't hell bent on hating Rodgers and defending receivers like Scantling
Without a playbook you can't determine where the catch point should be and differentiate between a receiver not running the correct route and ball placement that was not right? (Not talking about crispness of the route, a route can be crisp and yet still run poorly)

When did I blame Rodgers? Where is that actually happening? Where am I defending MVS? This is literally something you are making up.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Aug 2022 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:44
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

No, actually. What I "knew" was what you actually posted, that MVS "dropped" 50% of the passes that went his way.

NO, what has meaning is what I was trying to get across, there is no drop unless you touch the ball, your right about that, but there also isn't a catch, and MVS only one season caught 50% of targets, the other 3 seasons less, and who gets the blame for his ineptitude? Rodgers of course.

you new what I was getting at when I said, but then that wouldn't start a argument :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 07:22
Yoop wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:37
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, I am not just doing it now, I have been doing it this entire time. Age does not automatically equal knowledge.
I really don't care about any of that. I have been questioning how someone with no knowledge of the playbook or access to the coaches/players knows exactly where the catch point would be.
How do you know the routes are accurate? Crispness is easy to see, but only a small part of what makes a route a quality route. There are many variations of a route on a given play depending on defensive alignment and coverage. The receivers route has to reflect this. The problem lies in that we don't know how a receiver should adjust their route. We aren't privy to the playbook and this can not accurately say where the catch point should be.
who cares about the nuances of route running, of course we are not privy to all that stuff, what matters and points out poor route running is the fact that MVS for 3 of his 4 years here didn't even come that close to the 50% catch rate he got in 2020, seriously what reason would you come up with for those failures, this is why your questioning doesn't hold water, nothing matters more then Scantling getting a hand on the ball, and he rarely did it on half the balls thrown in his direction.

there is NO other valid reason other then poor route running, I played this game just as much as you ever did, and being able to run routes like Doubs has been doing is the biggest reason for his success and Scantlings failures.

as others have said, having a conversation with you is a frustrating affair, and why I try not to.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Who cares about the nuances?! Holy hell, that's an important part if you want to know where the catch point should be.

That MVS had a catch rate of just over 52% for 2 of his 4 years does not automatically point to poor route running. There are many factors that go into it including deep routes are harder to complete. There are many valid reasons why MVS had a lower catch rate.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One doesn’t need a playbook to determine if Rodgers put the ball where it should be or not lol. It’s usually obvious.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 08:04
Who cares about the nuances?! Holy hell, that's an important part if you want to know where the catch point should be.

That MVS had a catch rate of just over 52% for 2 of his 4 years does not automatically point to poor route running. There are many factors that go into it including deep routes are harder to complete. There are many valid reasons why MVS had a lower catch rate.
And the funny thing is: Even if you give MVS a fair treatment, and consider those valid reasons, without stooping to yoop's stat-abusing ways, it's still clear MVS's catch rate and performance was not that of a good player. :rotf:

He was far from a great route-runner, and his easy drops and non-playmaking ways were maddening. That's where the "50% MVS" -thing spawned from, not from some catch rate stat: Even if a pass was great and MVS got open and was it position to make a play, it felt like a coin flip whether he'd catch it. Either a big play or a faceplant.

He did get a bit better at that in his senior season with us, but it wasn't a big enough leap to think he'd ever become a good overall WR. The ultimate assessment came from Gutey, who does not let good homegrown talent leave in their prime, and MVS wasn't good.

[mention]Yoop[/mention] - Do you consider what I wrote above as "defending MVS". Honest question.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Aug 2022 07:29
APB wrote:
05 Aug 2022 06:44
Yoop wrote:

NO, what has meaning is what I was trying to get across, there is no drop unless you touch the ball, your right about that, but there also isn't a catch, and MVS only one season caught 50% of targets, the other 3 seasons less, and who gets the blame for his ineptitude? Rodgers of course.

you new what I was getting at when I said, but then that wouldn't start a argument :thwap:
The number one variable I would associate MVS's catch rate the most is based on the type of routes he was assigned and the distance of throws he was given from the Line of Scrimmage.

That was talked about 4 pages ago initially but you took a Rodgers tangent thing and ran with it.

There has absolutely been discussion of it being faulty of "assuming that every non-catch is MVS's fault"...which you absolutely did, but defending routes and field location by saying we don't know who is wrong is far different than blaming Rodgers. It's just a rational human being acknowledging they don't know.

Again. I very strongly believe the number one independent variable explaining the dependent variable (catch rate) is simply the distance the catch point was from the Line of Scrimmage. The deeper the pass, the lower the likelihood of the catch. Especially because we know often when a play is "lost" that Rodgers will just heave it up to MVS with no real hope of it being completed (his version of a throw-away).
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
05 Aug 2022 08:59
Pckfn23 wrote:

And the funny thing is: Even if you give MVS a fair treatment, and consider those valid reasons, without stooping to yoop's stat-abusing ways, it's still clear MVS's catch rate and performance was not that of a good player. :rotf:

He was far from a great route-runner, and his easy drops and non-playmaking ways were maddening. That's where the "50% MVS" -thing spawned from, not from some catch rate stat: Even if a pass was great and MVS got open and was it position to make a play, it felt like a coin flip whether he'd catch it. Either a big play or a faceplant.

He did get a bit better at that in his senior season with us, but it wasn't a big enough leap to think he'd ever become a good overall WR. The ultimate assessment came from Gutey, who does not let good homegrown talent leave in their prime, and MVS wasn't good.

@Yoop - Do you consider what I wrote above as "defending MVS". Honest question.
Very good post.

I was a huge MVS cheerleader but I absolutely will never call him a great player. I think he has always had the ability. Last year would have been interesting had he not been injured.

Overall he was an excellent draft pick. Exactly what you desire in a #3 WR who could grow into a #2. Unfortunately we needed him to be a #2 right away and he took about a year too long to develop for the Packers to resign him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:

more BS, deep routes are completed just as much if not more then the short routes as long as the receiver consistently runs his routes the same, just go back and look how well Rodgers connected with Nelson, Jones, Jennings Cobb, Adams, the list goes on, it doesn't happen with guys like Scantling because they fail to consistently run those routes, common freaking knowledge to anyone that actually watches games, what radio station do you usually listen to?

and Scantling only toped the 50% catch rate once, with a 50.3% rate according to ESPN, the other 3 years he hovered around 40%

you nit pick and ask impossible to answer questions because that is all you got, you refuse to accept what is common knowledge amongst most people connected to the game, it's impossible to build chemistry with a receiver that can't consistently run his routes, because Rodgers never knows how much to lead him or where to throw the ball, and I'd bet plenty that is the situation for why Scantling only touched 50% of targeted throws.

thats just not simple enough for a complicated person like you to understand, with almost all conversations with you it's the same BS, you resort to twisting the simple comments which are easily understood by most into a argument of terminoligy, yes words do matter, but not to the extremes you make them to be, drops, missed targeted throws, come to one conclusion, Scantling did not catch the pass, thats it, and thats all that really matters, yet here we are 3 pages later arguing over semantics, wtf is wrong with you people?