Aaron Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2020 07:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
18 May 2020 01:25
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
17 May 2020 18:58
Screwed over? You act like the QBs are blameless. :messedup:

Go look at Favre's stats from 1999-2006.
Did the front office guys throw all those INTs? No.
Did they tell him to waffle about retirement? No.
Did they throw that killer INT versus the Giants in 2007? No.

Let's look at some of AR's playoff games over the years:
Bears 2010 - 0 TD, 2 INT
Giants 2011 - 56.5%, 264 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 78.5 rating, 1 fumble lost
49ers 2013 - Just 177 yards passing, 1 TD
Seahawks 2014 - 55.88%, 178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 55.8 rating
Cardinals 2015 - 54.6%, 261 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 77.9 rating
49ers 2019 - 2 TD, 2 INT, 3 fumbles, 1 fumble lost
2010- Interesting you bring up the only bad game he had on that playoff run against a really good defense.
2011- They lost to the eventual SB champions. That defense was atrocious all season and showed its ugliest colors in that game. If I remember right the offense dropped an ungodly amount of passes. All Rodgers fault Im sure. Not gonna mention the other fumbles by the ball carriers either I see.
2013- Played a historically great defense.
2014- Played a historically great defense. Also one INT shouldnt have been. Bennett jumped offsides. Rodgers had a free play and gave Adams a chance. Refs missed it somehow. Rodgers did everything he could vs that defense with that offense.
2015- Idk what you expected from a team that was decimated on offense. No Nelson. Cobb left early, Adams hurt his ankle and caused him to forget how to catch, the TE position may have well have been useless. And with all that he leads that team all for Damarious Randalls stupid ass to think we were in zone when everyone was playing man and turns Fitzgerald lose. That never got the amount of hatre that it deserves. That guy was a $%@# moron who was defended ad nauseam. When it comes to Rodgers any little thing he does wrong and everyone bitches.
2019- Again historic defense.

Its crazy. The offense has damn near but neglected for a decade and when the offense sputters Packer fans all do the pikachu socked face meme. It must be Rodgers fault! Maybe we just poured so much into the defense and neglected the offense so much that its starting to show on the field. Where is our historically great defense? It hasnt been here in years despite the resources. Its time people admit how poorly this team was ran and stop blaming the QB for all of it.
you always make Randall out to be worse then he was, you become so Bobby McGinn about it to boot, which is " I didn't like the pick and will never ever like the player" ya act as though Randle is the only rookie to ever blow a zone read, or that he was the last line of defense against Fitz on that play, in reality Fitz ran right past a half doz defenders on his way to that score, Randall needed support help, same as Rodgers needed better offensive support to win some of those games.

two situations stand the test of time, once Favre got some decent receiver help we went to 2 SB's and won one, when Rodgers had decent receiver help we won one and should have went to another the next season as well, all else equal it seems decent receivers does the trick
I loved the Randall pick. I think it was back on Packersplanet where I defended it and said it was a great pick because he was going to make a pretty good safety. People argued with me and said hed be a CB and I was dumbfounded when they were right. He couldnt play man despite all his athletic ability he just had horrible technique and would get turned around and lost too easy.

The plan should have been to have Randall play FS, move HHCD to SS, play Burnett in the hybrid role and big nickel role Capers liked so much and everyone would have been in their natural positions outside of Burnett but he would have done well in the box. Instead we played Randall at CB, drafted another all time bum in Rollins at CB and essentially made a compound mistake because after taking CBs with the top 2 picks you couldnt keep Hayward. It would have been a poor allocation of resources.

And in the end both Randall and Rollins sucked and Hayward went on to have a terrific career. Randalls on his 3rd team and Rollins was out of the league before his rookie deal expired.
Cancelled by the forum elites.