New York Jets and Trade Compensation

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think momentum is pointing toward Rodgers playing somewhere else next year. Both sides seem open to it. Someone is going to pony up.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Feb 2023 13:51
williewasgreat wrote:
06 Feb 2023 05:06
NO team will trade anything worthwhile unless Rodgers agrees to play more than one year. If Rodgers won't agree to this, a trade will not happen. Therefore, your Rodgers must accept a trade or retire is simply not true.
The team acquiring him makes the picks contingent upon Rodgers playing in 2023 or beyond. If he refuses to play for them, then he doesn't get paid.

It really is that simple. Once traded he's no longer a Packer. If he refuses to play and retires to spite GB, then so be it. The acquiring team gives up nothing and GB gets him and his contract off the books. Everyone wins except for Aaron Rodgers.

Have y'all never been in a cutthroat business deal?
My point is that no team will complete a trade without assurances from Rodgers that he will play more than one year. That basically gives him a de facto no trade clause. He can refuse to retire or agree to play multiple years with any other team (which keeps a trade from happening). This means the Packers must keep him or cut him and get no compensation. Rodgers does hold some control over this situation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 15:45
I think momentum is pointing toward Rodgers playing somewhere else next year. Both sides seem open to it. Someone is going to pony up.
well evidently thats the consensus here, :hide:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
06 Feb 2023 15:46
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Feb 2023 13:51
williewasgreat wrote:
06 Feb 2023 05:06
NO team will trade anything worthwhile unless Rodgers agrees to play more than one year. If Rodgers won't agree to this, a trade will not happen. Therefore, your Rodgers must accept a trade or retire is simply not true.
The team acquiring him makes the picks contingent upon Rodgers playing in 2023 or beyond. If he refuses to play for them, then he doesn't get paid.

It really is that simple. Once traded he's no longer a Packer. If he refuses to play and retires to spite GB, then so be it. The acquiring team gives up nothing and GB gets him and his contract off the books. Everyone wins except for Aaron Rodgers.

Have y'all never been in a cutthroat business deal?
My point is that no team will complete a trade without assurances from Rodgers that he will play more than one year. That basically gives him a de facto no trade clause. He can refuse to retire or agree to play multiple years with any other team (which keeps a trade from happening). This means the Packers must keep him or cut him and get no compensation. Rodgers does hold some control over this situation.
Ghost wants to cut ties soooo bad he'll forfeit compensation and just give him the 19 mil. and force him to retire. :thwap:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 11:14
I don’t agree Amos play has “fallen off a cliff”
I don't agree either. But he is 29 years old and whether he has 1 good year left or 5, Father Time wins every game. I would give him a 3 year contract with performance clauses appropriate for his age.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
06 Feb 2023 17:24
Drj820 wrote:
I don't agree either. But he is 29 years old and whether he has 1 good year left or 5, Father Time wins every game. I would give him a 3 year contract with performance clauses appropriate for his age.
Yea the decision to resign him is an interesting one. I certainly wouldn’t want to give him a long term deal…but the idea that he “fell off a cliff” is wrong.

Amos was never a flashy player, but probably one of the most “consistent” packer defenders we’ve had in a long long time

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 17:39
TheSkeptic wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yea the decision to resign him is an interesting one. I certainly wouldn’t want to give him a long term deal…but the idea that he “fell off a cliff” is wrong.

Amos was never a flashy player, but probably one of the most “consistent” packer defenders we’ve had in a long long time
fallen of the cliff I admit is a over blown comment, but he carried a 90 grade prior to last years low 70's, along with his age he's not a very good resign unless it's on a 1 year low money deal, which if I where him would be looking for that 3 year deal for better money, I'd rather draft his replacement.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Feb 2023 17:52
Drj820 wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

fallen of the cliff I admit is a over blown comment, but he carried a 90 grade prior to last years low 70's, along with his age he's not a very good resign unless it's on a 1 year low money deal, which if I where him would be looking for that 3 year deal for better money, I'd rather draft his replacement.
I couldn’t care less about what grade some blog assigns him

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 18:00
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Gut feel kind of guy? The kind where you can be right whether we keep him or don’t? I’m so sick of this grades mean nothing mentality. It doesn’t have to be the be all, end all and it shouldn’t be, but dismissing the hard work of people that have done a &%$@ ton more than you is super ignorant.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
06 Feb 2023 18:28
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Gut feel kind of guy? The kind where you can be right whether we keep him or don’t? I’m so sick of this grades mean nothing mentality. It doesn’t have to be the be all, end all and it shouldn’t be, but dismissing the hard work of people that have done a &%$@ ton more than you is super ignorant.
Lol are you related to a player grader or something?

Did you read the thread at all where I said the discussion to resign is interesting?

I literally put forth no opinion on whether he should be brought back or not, I just said he, Lazard, and reed were the only guys we may lose who were major contributors, then I was told Amos actually “fell off a cliff” and I pushed back.

And also, sorry to offend that I don’t care about Herman or other bloggers grades. I know football enough to know Amos was not the defenses problem last year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Can’t stop laughing at the emotion I drew out of you just by innocently commenting that I don’t care about the bloggers grades. Funny stuff!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 18:44
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Can’t stop laughing at the emotion I drew out of you just by innocently commenting that I don’t care about the bloggers grades. Funny stuff!
Not as funny as the mindless drivel you unleash day after day and your passive aggressive asides you have for anyone that doesn’t see the world as you do.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:20
Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 18:44
NCF wrote:

Not as funny as the mindless drivel you unleash day after day and your passive aggressive asides you have for anyone that doesn’t see the world as you do.
You are painting me as the bad guy after you lashed out at me for not caring about how bloggers grade players?

Literally all I did was push back on the idea that Amos fell off a cliff, and said his grade from bloggers wouldn’t sway my opinion. You then cursed and called me ignorant :idn:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I think the bloggers can generate conversation but i agree with the Dr.

I would rather read the opinion of a huddle member and the support of that opinion based on actual game tape, then an argument that tweeter bla bla said this or that.

It is hard to base arguments for football on stats because they are all so qualitative.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Almost as if years of personal experiences have formed my opinion of you more than the singular post you are now trying to slither out of.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:38
I think the bloggers can generate conversation but i agree with the Dr.

I would rather read the opinion of a huddle member and the support of that opinion based on actual game tape, then an argument that tweeter bla bla said this or that.

It is hard to base arguments for football on stats because they are all so qualitative.
I agree with your take and I said as much. Just don’t think we should wholly disregard their opinions and conclusions, either.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:41
Almost as if years of personal experiences have formed my opinion of you more than the singular post you are now trying to slither out of.
Again dude, you lashed out at me and are now saying I am slithering out of something.

Read above. I said the discussion to resign Amos is an interesting one. I didn’t offer an opinion either way. I simply said I don’t care about blogger grades, I don’t think Amos fell off a cliff last year.

And I’m the bad guy? Makes no sense man.

Just admit you misread the thread/situation and move on.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:43
NCF wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:41
Again dude, you lashed out at me and are now saying I am slithering out of something.

Read above. I said the discussion to resign Amos is an interesting one. I didn’t offer an opinion either way. I simply said I don’t care about blogger grades, I don’t think Amos fell off a cliff last year.

And I’m the bad guy? Makes no sense man.

Just admit you misread the thread/situation and move on.
No. And you are the bad guy.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Found Andy Herman’s burner.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Feb 2023 19:49
Found Andy Herman’s burner.
How often do you lose getting the last word? Your response was so predictable I practically wrote if for you before you even posted it. Nighty night.

Read More. Post Less.