Legal Tampering Period and Early FA Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Mar 2023 15:30
Garafolo says the Lazard price tag came up over the past few days, because it was south of $10M/year before other teams got involved.

Just to give concrete evidence that everything lupe said on this subject is wrong
Ain’t no different than MVS getting 10.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Mar 2023 22:16
YoHoChecko wrote:
Garafolo says the Lazard price tag came up over the past few days, because it was south of $10M/year before other teams got involved.

Just to give concrete evidence that everything lupe said on this subject is wrong
Wait wait wait, I thought you said he sucks so bad there is no way he was getting 10...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 00:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Mar 2023 22:16
YoHoChecko wrote:

Wait wait wait, I thought you said he sucks so bad there is no way he was getting 10...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The most important thing is we all must always get to use the most treasured words on this forum. Those sweet, lovely, beautiful words that will never get taken away from us no matter what:

"I've been saying this for years"

Never let those words go army. Never surrender those words. Do whatever it takes to always be able to say those beautiful words.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Mar 2023 07:23
The most important thing is we all must always get to use the most treasured words on this forum. Those sweet, lovely, beautiful words that will never get taken away from us no matter what:

"I've been saying this for years"

Never let those words go army. Never surrender those words. Do whatever it takes to always be able to say those beautiful words.
Words?

to a extent Lupe is right, Lazard isn't a very good receiver, and the price tag says that, 11 mil. this season is basically 10 mil. last season, I'd imagine Lupe didn't think MVS was worth that last season either, I know I sure didn't.

no different then you and stick Jockey complaining about Rodgers contract, to much for him, is no different then to much for MVS or Lazard.

but thats the cost of marginal talent these days, I hope the best for Allen in his new home, however I don't expect him to equal his production last year, why, because he wont be the Jets #1, thats just how sick our WR situation was, and it was the same with MVS, receivers like these two are a after thought for any OC designing a play book

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bucs signing Baker Mayfield for 1 year, 8.5m:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 580d&ei=12
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saints, definitely not an aging RB away from competing, no idea where they are putting their cap dollars.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of shocked the chiefs let him walk for that and gave Taylor 4 for 80.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 21:22
Kind of shocked the chiefs let him walk for that and gave Taylor 4 for 80.
The word is that the Chiefs really wanted him to go back to RT and were only willing to pay him as such; they signed RT Taylor to move to the LT spot and paid him as such. Whether or not you believe in those designations (Ben Fennell went off about this on twitter), if that's the way the team saw these two players, it makes sense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 18:07
Saints, definitely not an aging RB away from competing, no idea where they are putting their cap dollars.
What do you mean?

The divisions wide open, kamara could be in prison, and they currently have the best qb in the division.

They can at least compete to host a playoff game, and Jamaal is not expensive for what he offers a team at 4m per.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2023 10:02
to a extent Lupe is right, Lazard isn't a very good receiver, and the price tag says that, 11 mil. this season is basically 10 mil. last season, I'd imagine Lupe didn't think MVS was worth that last season either, I know I sure didn't.

no different then you and stick Jockey complaining about Rodgers contract, to much for him, is no different then to much for MVS or Lazard.
Actually, no.

If lupe were right, Lazard would be unemployed. That’s what happens with “trash” players.

The price tag says precisely what his value is: $11m APY, $21m guaranteed.

Go lick your wounds. You and Lupe lost this ongoing debate. NFL GMs made the case regarding Packer WRs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

By Jove I’ve found it! :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 07:12
By Jove I’ve found it! :lol:

That's crazy.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
15 Mar 2023 23:31
Yoop wrote:

Actually, no.

If lupe were right, Lazard would be unemployed. That’s what happens with “trash” players.

Go lick your wounds. You and Lupe lost this ongoing debate. NFL GMs made the case regarding Packer WRs.
11 mil is what a #3 receiver gets these days, the nfl proved that, and you'll see how true that is when Lazard has 40 receptions next season for the Jets for 600 yrds, Lupe says everyone that isn't a PB player is trash, I'am not quite that definitive, but neither of MVS or Lazard are as good as you make them out to be.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:25
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Actually, no.

11 mil is what a #3 receiver gets these days, the nfl proved that,
$11 million per is ranked tied for 28th. So, no, that is not what #3 receivers get these days and the NFL has not proven that.
neither of MVS or Lazard are as good as you make them out to be.
How good is anyone making them out to be?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:59
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Actually, no.

$11 million per is ranked tied for 28th. So, no, that is not what #3 receivers get these days and the NFL has not proven that.
just what till the end of this FA period and see how it plays out, any GM that would pay 11 mil. thinking either of these two players is a number 2 receiver is delusional

you and others have been defending the receivers Rodgers has had for ever :thwap:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d have probably give him a whirl for that amount.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Meh, no thanks. His draft pedigree implies talent and upside he doesn't actually have, in reality he was just an outrageous reach and is a jag, doesn't offer much pass-rush, mainly a run defender, you can find that in udfa every year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 10:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:59
Yoop wrote:

just what till the end of this FA period and see how it plays out, any GM that would pay 11 mil. thinking either of these two players is a number 2 receiver is delusional

you and others have been defending the receivers Rodgers has had for ever :thwap:
So you are saying that 32 receivers in this free agent period are going to make more than $11 million per? I think that would be the delusional part.

Again you continue to say that we have been defending the receiver situation. This is a lie. We have pointed out the poor management especially as it led to the 2022 situation. Please bring proof next time if you insist on continuing with this line of misinformation.