Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday Sep 10th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers by 100

Bout GD Time
26%
This is way too early for a GDT
4%
Where is the Here's Johnny Thread
12%
Packers by 100
12%
Jordan Love
16%
Still hate you BF
8%
LFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
22%

Total votes: 50

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
07 Sep 2023 05:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:30
paco wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:18
Wicks and Reed, 15 catches for 250 yards, 4 TDs.
What makes you think Wicks gets the start over Malik Heath? :mrgreen:

Side note: the OP has been updated with weather forecast, Dope Sheet link, and image of sideline reporter after near unforgivable oversight...
Nope. Pam Oliver is the A team. :banana:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Geriatric Team
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
paco wrote:
06 Sep 2023 13:18
Wicks and Reed, 15 catches for 250 yards, 4 TDs.

Side note: the OP has been updated with weather forecast, Dope Sheet link, and image of sideline reporter after near unforgivable oversight...
To be fair, dope sheet and sideline reporter info wasn’t available when I posted.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
07 Sep 2023 12:54
Doubs is back at practice. No sign of Watson.
Wicks a full participant today too.

He and Doubs gun a blow it up.

. F U YoHo .

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
07 Sep 2023 04:59
YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 23:37
Drj820 wrote:
06 Sep 2023 16:19
Loves first game as the full time starter and his WRs may be toure, wicks, and Reed….good luck out there kiddo
YOU GUYS HEATH IS WR4 AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE KEEP IGNPRING THAT FACT
I'm undecided on whether to take this as a serious excitement post or rather an attempt at poking fun regarding the Packer website PR team and their ignorant approach to ranking of roster positions... :dunno: :mrgreen:
Hahaha fair. I haven’t looked at the depth chart at WR and I was def too drunk to be having double meanings.

I’m just confident that Heath has earned a spot ahead of Wicks as an outside receiver in the depth chart. Mostly due to Wicks’ inavailability, to be fair, not an assessment of his talent.

Great to see Doubs back. Without Doubs and Watson our speed on the outside would be SEVERELY lacking, with Reed and Musgrave having speed but playing in the middle of the field. They could adapt, but I’m glad to have at least one guy back.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

A bit frustrated by Watson, not just because he's on my fantasy team. I sense a bit of an injury trend here. I am really hoping he takes the next step and becomes one of the best WR's in the game, but it's hard to do that when you're constantly banged up.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:08
I mean unless MLF is just doing some gamesmanship in terms of being coy, it seems like they want us to believe both that Bakhtiari is just getting veteran rest and that Bakhtiari’s status is at any given time unknown.

I’m annoyed by it.

Based on the big article in The Athletic yesterday it the day before, this is just like Clifton or other veterans who later in their career only did walkthroughs but played every week. If that’s the case, his status shouldn’t be in any question.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m beyond exhausted with Bakh. We should not need “gamesmanship” to beat the worst team in the league. We should plan on going to Chicago and kicking their a** in short order and going back home.

Bakh has either reached the stage where he doesn’t need practice (even with new qb, weird but ok)

Or he is still affected by his knee…and if that’s the case we should not have restructured him. We should ship him to his buddy and the desperate jets for a haul.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:18
BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:08
I mean unless MLF is just doing some gamesmanship in terms of being coy, it seems like they want us to believe both that Bakhtiari is just getting veteran rest and that Bakhtiari’s status is at any given time unknown.

I’m annoyed by it.

Based on the big article in The Athletic yesterday it the day before, this is just like Clifton or other veterans who later in their career only did walkthroughs but played every week. If that’s the case, his status shouldn’t be in any question.
I didn't read that article, but to me this is exactly what it is, for Bakhtiari, playing LT is like riding a bike, there is nothing that he hasn't seen or done, so there is no reason for him to practice beyond just limbering up.

I remember the same stuff with Cliffy, even Tausher and Bulaga.

I listened to a interview or part of one with Bakh a while back, he seems sold into it to me, very respectful of the FO, Lafleur and the other coaches, the only negative was building relationships or hanging out with all the youngsters, he said thats taking time because he, like Rodgers aren't interesting in the things kids 20 years younger are into, sounds normal to me.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:32
Bakh has either reached the stage where he doesn’t need practice (even with new qb, weird but ok)

Or he is still affected by his knee…and if that’s the case we should not have restructured him. We should ship him to his buddy and the desperate jets for a haul.
Yeah I’m here as well. If it’s the top thing, that’s ok. But be clear about it.

Not the most important thing; we’re probably over-reading into “anticipate he’ll be out there”

But I’m just not a fan of the rhetoric around it.

Also i agree with the comment above sober that is concerned Watson’s availability is becoming a bit of a thing of this week is anything but precaution

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:52
Drj820 wrote:

Not the most important thing; we’re probably over-reading into “anticipate he’ll be out there”

Also i agree with the comment above sober that is concerned Watson’s availability is becoming a bit of a thing of this week is anything but precaution
Reed will make us forget Watson ..... maybe. :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2023 15:52
Drj820 wrote:

The gamesmanship surrounding the injury reports in football is one of the worst parts of the game. I agree, just tell it like it is.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
07 Sep 2023 13:22
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

To be fair, dope sheet and sideline reporter info wasn’t available when I posted.
Life's not fair, Buttercup... :violin:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

$%@# Watson.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A lot of speculation (and with good reason based on some history) that the Packers won't play Watson if he hasn't practiced, but I feel like MLF saying "we'll give these guys the full week to be ready" is pretty indicative that if Watson feels good Sunday, he'll go. Now, chances are if he can't practice and is less than a week into a hamstring injury, he won't feel good. But I just don't think it's a "can't practice, won't play" situation

(then again for all we know he might miss 3 games) :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Sep 2023 12:52
A lot of speculation (and with good reason based on some history) that the Packers won't play Watson if he hasn't practiced, but I feel like MLF saying "we'll give these guys the full week to be ready" is pretty indicative that if Watson feels good Sunday, he'll go. Now, chances are if he can't practice and is less than a week into a hamstring injury, he won't feel good. But I just don't think it's a "can't practice, won't play" situation

He’s been ruled out
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
I’m beyond exhausted with Bakh. We should not need “gamesmanship” to beat the worst team in the league. We should plan on going to Chicago and kicking their a** in short order and going back home.

I think this is MLF exposing him less to the rest of the team and having him poison them with his bad attitude. I don't think it is about needing/not needing practice or about the knee.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Sep 2023 14:11
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Sep 2023 12:52

He’s been ruled out
Yup, just saw that. Oof.