Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 20 Rams 3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 10:05
if Walker graded so high why did Nijman play? was Walker hurt?
iirc Nijman got the start but left with injury.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
07 Nov 2023 10:36
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 10:05
if Walker graded so high why did Nijman play? was Walker hurt?
iirc Nijman got the start but left with injury.
didn't he return later though? thought so.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Thanks for bringing the vids [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]. Hopefully [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] unblocks you long enough to watch them and see confirmation the deep pass to Watson was indeed NOT under thrown.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2023 08:50
Yoop doesn't have every Packers player and number memorized? What kind of fan is he?
ImageImage
This is sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.
haha, I know, I'am really slacking lately :rotf: I have to keep a schedule handy during games now days :hail:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2023 10:44
Thanks for bringing the vids @Pckfn23. Hopefully @lupedafiasco unblocks you long enough to watch them and see confirmation the deep pass to Watson was indeed NOT under thrown.
see that was my point before, Lupe made a point, if where talking about the same pass if Love placed it more to the edge Watson wouldn't have had to turn around to catch the ball

I know Love is trying to place the ball where only the receiver can make the catch, he learned from a QB that mastered that art, about the only thing we see Love do different then Rodgers is the side arm zingers, everything else is copy cat Rodgers, the footwork seems identical, the prancing and dancing, all Rodgers. to me the ball placement is a Rodgers trait, and will take time to master.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 11:03
APB wrote:
Thanks for bringing the vids @Pckfn23. Hopefully @lupedafiasco unblocks you long enough to watch them and see confirmation the deep pass to Watson was indeed NOT under thrown.
see that was my point before, Lupe made a point, if where talking about the same pass if Love placed it more to the edge Watson wouldn't have had to turn around to catch the ball
Lupe specifically said it was underthrown. It was not.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here you can see the footwork of Love. It's not good, he is set up to throw to the middle of the field and thus he throws behind Watson. Fixable.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2023 09:48
Labrev wrote:
07 Nov 2023 09:20
Offense:

He didn't post Bottom 5 O or D. Disappointing, those are my favorite!! :twisted:
Interesting to see Wicks as high even with the fumble. IMO hes been our best WR and I think he beats out everyone for WR1 next year thats on the current roster.
Yes. Honestly if there is a potential #1 on our roster, that man is Dontraviyon Wicks. Super excited about him.

I think Watson could be a special #2 and Doubs a great #3. But Wicks has the true WR1 upside.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The QBs. Ignore the OL tweet.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 11:16
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
again farther to the side and Watson doesn't have to do anything other then just run under the catch, so again poor ball placement, point is it could have been a easier catch.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 11:16
Yoop wrote:

again farther to the side and Watson doesn't have to do anything other then just run under the catch, so again poor ball placement, point is it could have been a easier catch.
Correct its still a bailout catch. Terrible accuracy on this one. Either Love was trying to get it over the top in which case it was an underthrow or he threw it way to far up the field where it would have been wide open and its a significant overthrow. Either way bad down field accuracy.

As for unblocking 23 I would rather jerk off with sandpaper.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
You are arguing a point no one is contesting. Read what I write: Lupe said the pass was underthrown. It was not.
The one Watson had to bail him out on down the field was another poorly underthrown ball.
It was also used as an example for the assertion that Love is always underthrowing balls. The point was the underthrow.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's always interesting when one dishes it out, but can't take it...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:06
Yoop wrote:
You are arguing a point no one is contesting. Read what I write: Lupe said the pass was underthrown. It was not.
The one Watson had to bail him out on down the field was another poorly underthrown ball.
It was also used as an example for the assertion that Love is always underthrowing balls. The point was the underthrow.
whatever, I was also pointing out that he is trying to place the balls so only the receiver can make the catch, but in the process his throws are often to far in that direction, or to low, under thrown, these are my opinions and I should get full credit for them :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Seeing the play again just reinforces what I thought watching it live: It was not under-thrown, but it should have been farther toward the sideline.

Also, if Love can continue to clean up his footwork, it will help him a lot.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
whatever, I was also pointing out that he is trying to place the balls so only the receiver can make the catch, but in the process his throws are often to far in that direction, or to low, under thrown, these are my opinions and I should get full credit for them :rotf:
Great, then your comment had nothing to do with [mention]APB[/mention]'s post you quoted...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:28
quit talking about yourself like this, it's not a good look :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:28
quit talking about yourself like this, it's not a good look :rotf:
I have never blocked a soul, nor will I.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:55
Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2023 12:52
Pckfn23 wrote:

Great, then your comment had nothing to do with @APB's post you quoted...
it concerns everyone who said he just needs to rip it, you, APB and others touched on that, so that is my response to everyone, he learned under Rodgers and now he is trying to do the stuff Rodgers did, so even when he just flings the ball he is targeting where he's throwing it.