Let The Firings Begin

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That would be insane to be a hot young rising coach one play away from a SB win only to be fired the next season after making the playoffs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Jaguars.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
11 Jan 2024 17:33
Huh.

Any guesses? I’d assume it’s a playoff team…?
I've had two friends with no inside information and nothing better than the typical packers-huddle poster in terms of football insights insist he'll be in Philly next year; they are not Philly fans.

So that sounds rock solid, to me.

A lot of people who do seem to have some knowledge or insights think he might not want to leave the east coast, fwiw

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

If the Cowboys lose to us, Jerry will pay bullions to get BB to be his HC for the rest of their lives. MM would get tossed so fast.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I have heard Sirianni too. That's crazy to me because he built them up into a powerhouse and now they've had merely a bad 6-week stretch. Some of these owners this offseason are nuts.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Jan 2024 19:31
APB wrote:
11 Jan 2024 17:33
Huh.

Any guesses? I’d assume it’s a playoff team…?
I've had two friends with no inside information and nothing better than the typical packers-huddle poster in terms of football insights insist he'll be in Philly next year; they are not Philly fans.

So that sounds rock solid, to me.

A lot of people who do seem to have some knowledge or insights think he might not want to leave the east coast, fwiw
Consider the source but there's this...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m sure I’d have too much patience with a coach, but if you believe in the guy you hire, be willing to stick with it. Look at Jim Harbaugh in Michigan, couldn’t beat OSU forever, fans wanted him gone for years.

If he can be the guy. Ya stick with him and support him.

I feel that way with LaFleur, he’s made a few bad mistakes, poor coaching hires, but do I think he can still deliver? Heck yes I do. Like I said earlier, I trust him 100% to get this offense to a championship level even with pretty severe limitations. What he’s done over his tenure with what we’ve had at WR, TE’s, OL at differing spots is so impressive. Feel like we have a mid tier LB and it’s like the D can’t function. LaFleur can take a few undrafted tackles and WR’s and we put up 30 on good defenses.

Tangent over, but heck yes I think LaFleur can do great things here, but needs to figure out how to get ST and D to be more consistent and a competent level. I think he’s still our best bet for getting there, vs alternative unknowns.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Mayo promoted as some of us expected in NE. Rumors of Belichick to the Cowboys after we beat them Sunday :aok:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-pat ... 50356.html

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Making me feel really old.

Vividly remember scouting him out of Tennessee and he’s already a head coach??

Although I think he was drafted like a two or three years after Aaron, so he’s still just a kid.

Gotta make Aaron feel old. Next year he’ll be playing against somebody drafted years after him as a head coach.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No surprise here. This was the succession plan.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2024 19:24
Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Jan 2024 18:37
Acrobat wrote:
10 Jan 2024 12:50
Speaking of Fired, Rodgers is out at McAfee show.

About time. He's the worst kind of conspiracy theorist...says something crazy and then walks it back because we misunderstood him and now he's the victim and I'm sure he'll blame cancel culture. At least go all in if you're going to be a nut job.
And McAfee complained that he was tired of all the drama that 12 brought. I read that to mean that his ratings aren't as high with 12 on the show now as they used to be. McAfee egged on that drama plenty of times. It's just phoney for him to say that he's tired of it.
I find his show boring. AJ does and adds nothing, just sits there and smiles on the split screen. It isn't even mildly entertaining now that he had had to clean it up for ESPN vs just being streamed. AR on Tuesdays was the best part of the show. I don't know what happened to him on WWE.
AJ does do something. Every now and then he lights a cigar. Doesn't puff on it very much. But he lights it.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Alex Van Pelt out in Cleveland.

Wonder if even just the recent most 3 weeks might elevate Stenavich or even Vrable to be considered for some OC jobs.

Quite sure Matt would like Steno interview for a play calling gig, or maybe even Vrable for any OC job. He's all about the trying to develop and advance his coaching staff. Maybe he'd try to keep Vrable though if he is fearing he might lose Steno this or next year though and promote him to OC.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2024 07:50

Wonder if even just the recent most 3 weeks might elevate Stenavich or even Vrable to be considered for some OC jobs.

Quite sure Matt would like Steno interview for a play calling gig, or maybe even Vrable for any OC job. He's all about the trying to develop and advance his coaching staff. Maybe he'd try to keep Vrable though if he is fearing he might lose Steno this or next year though and promote him to OC.
I have to say, even if Steno does leave for some reason (which honestly, I wouldn't be too upset about), I don't want to bring back any Getsy or Van pelt thing. You get stale staying within the same personnel groups all the time. MLF has this offense on lock and Love has taken the coaching he has had beautifully. They can both withstand and possibly benefit from bringing in new voices with different experiences (as long as they're compatible, obviously) rather than old trusted familiar voices.

If changes come to the offensive staff, I'd love to look at putting a Ken Dorsey or Greg Olson or something like that in the room (not necessarily OC, but if Clements retires we may have a QB coach job open as well). Could also have my interest piqued by Frank Reich in the right role.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2024 07:50
Off to NYJ we go! :P
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not sure if this belongs in the hiring or firing thread.

But…

Definitely right decision imo.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I like it

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

They announce Joe Berry yet?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Trudge wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:24
They announce Joe Berry yet?
No, but I got my fingers crossed
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

He’s not going anywhere. He pulled his own head off the chopping block with very good defensive games against very good offenses to close the season.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:30
He’s not going anywhere. He pulled his own head off the chopping block with very good defensive games against very good offenses to close the season.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi