Here's Johnny!! PLAYOFFS wild card DAL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 13:20
Jordan Love’s 99.3 QBR is the highest EVER in a playoff game since the stat first began tracking in 2011
&%$@… even if Love has been playing well, this can’t be the expectation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 11:00
Yes. IMO it should be between Doubs and Love. All this talk on this forum of "how the roster will surpass Doubs" and this is his response?! :shock: :shock:
This is why I am going Doubs. To me that constitutes more of an underdog story. Love and Jones and the O Line and Nixon all were awesome.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:18
go pak go wrote:
Yes. IMO it should be between Doubs and Love. All this talk on this forum of "how the roster will surpass Doubs" and this is his response?! :shock: :shock:
This is why I am going Doubs. To me that constitutes more of an underdog story. Love and Jones and the O Line and Nixon all were awesome.
The argument for Love is evolvoing.

He went from "he is HIM" to "he is playing as good a stretch of football as anyone in the league...even Aaron Rodgers 2016 run"

That's damn impressive considering 2 months ago 50% of this forum was still absolutely still dumping on the guy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:18
go pak go wrote:
The argument for Love is evolvoing.

He went from "he is HIM" to "he is playing as good a stretch of football as anyone in the league...even Aaron Rodgers 2016 run"

That's damn impressive considering 2 months ago 50% of this forum was still absolutely still dumping on the guy.
The argument for Love = THE BEST POSTSEASON QB PERFORMANCE BY A PACKER EVER. :shock: 8-) :hail: :lombardi:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

LT: Rasheed Walker, 2022 7th round draft pick - Many people wanted him gone earlier this season
LG: Elgton Jenkins - Ok, he's great and we expect it. But he's been dealing with injuries and barely practicing.
C: Josh Myers - Everyone knows the vitriol with Myers this year.
RG: Jon Runyan/Sean Rhyan - 6th rounder who's been battling with losing his job and a 3rd rounder who's only just finding time and was suspended once for PEDs. No one banging the table for their jobs.
RT: Zach Tom - 4th round draft pick in 2022 already becoming one of the better RTs in football (told you).

2 2nd rounders, a 3rd, a 4th, a 6th and a 7th. Only 2 of these guys people didn't want to show the door to a couple of months ago. Just shut out the best blitzing and pass rush team in the NFL this season.

a final bang the table for my pick in this game.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm giving this until tomorrow when I get off work... Too entertaining of a debate.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 10:08
I'm giving this until tomorrow when I get off work... Too entertaining of a debate.
This week's winner decision is just like the first Vikings game Here's Johnny winner. Both impossible to decide.

Excpet this week there are multiple candiates and the October 29 game we couldn't think of ANY candidates. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Romeo Doubs for many of the arguments already mentioned. The OL has overachieved during the stretch run. They were phenomenal (Tom, in particular). Jordan Love has been brilliant for the stretch run. He was MVP-worthy. Romeo Doubs came in looking like maybe our 5th WR and puts up 150+? Not taking ANYTHING away from Love or the OL, but Doubs is this weeks Here's Johnny!!

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

just possibly the best PO game of any Packer QB, but since it's just a wild card PO game, it lacks the pizzazz of the ice bowl, or even a conference Championship, however it certainly tops anything else that happened 2 days ago, this is like a once in a lifetime achievement, no offense to any other players or the OL, they did well, but nothing tops what Love did :aok:
Last edited by Yoop on 16 Jan 2024 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:10
just possibly the best PO game of any Packer QB, but since it's just a wild card PO game, it lacks the pizzazz of the ice bowl, or even a conference Championship, however it certainly tops anything else that happened 2 days ago, this is like a once in a lifetime achievement, no offense to any other players or the OL, they did well, but nothing tops what Love :aok:
except that Love had that kind of game because the Oline kept him protected, and gave time for Doubs to get open on those loooooong developing plays.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:14
salmar80 wrote:
15 Jan 2024 13:20
Jordan Love’s 99.3 QBR is the highest EVER in a playoff game since the stat first began tracking in 2011
&%$@… even if Love has been playing well, this can’t be the expectation.
My biggest qualm with the Love pick is that he is no longer an "underdog" pick. He has become too good a player for this contest, tbh. Too obvious, if you will. Two months ago? Sure. Today though? Nope.

Relatedly, I had originally picked Aaron Jones for this week but then changed to Musgrave within minutes of posting because I felt the same way about him.

Love had a fantastic game, I don't dispute that. So did Jones. But similar to a dual possession catch, if there are multiple players who went above and beyond in a given week, I'm going with the true underdog pick.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Underdog vs. history made by the star player.
I kind of want to vote for Savage since I barely expect him to make a tackle let alone a pick 6.
I'll go Daubs. He had over half the yardage that Love racked up.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Cdragon wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:23
Underdog vs. history made by the star player.
I kind of want to vote for Savage since I barely expect him to make a tackle let alone a pick 6.
I'll go Daubs. He had over half the yardage that Love racked up.
Savage is likely the clear winner, except no one picked him.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:12
Yoop wrote:
16 Jan 2024 11:10
just possibly the best PO game of any Packer QB, but since it's just a wild card PO game, it lacks the pizzazz of the ice bowl, or even a conference Championship, however it certainly tops anything else that happened 2 days ago, this is like a once in a lifetime achievement, no offense to any other players or the OL, they did well, but nothing tops what Love :aok:
except that Love had that kind of game because the Oline kept him protected, and gave time for Doubs to get open on those loooooong developing plays.
haha, without Love's performance we wouldn't get to do Here's Johnny another week, our players would be on there way to wherever they came from by now, our season would be over, come on now boys ya got to know which side of the bread the butter is on :lol:

we all new, least I did that if the Boys blanketed Reed it would leave others open, even uncovered, Doubs has always been dangerous, I t5hink folks over look him simply because of Wicks, Redd, and our TE's.

our OL has been playing well for the last 2 months, even longer if ya want to agree with some of the stats Pckfn23 brought, it was mostly schemed up free pass rushers that gave Love problems earlier this season.

nice dilemma to have, so many worthy players, to me though, one stands above the rest, just doesn't quite fit the parameters of this exercise, again though, it's nice to break the rules once in a while :aok:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel like a big part of the success of the OL is what adjustments Love made pre-snap as well as MLF's gameplan which is primarily effected on-field by Love as the QB. They pass blocked well largely due to a good performance by them, but also lots of RB and TE help on various plays, plus Love doing a fantastic job delivering the ball on schedule. And they run blocked well because the pass was as much of a threat as the run.

Doubs had a great game but was largely the benefactor of a great gameplan by MLF, breakdowns in the Dallas secondary as they keyed in on Watson, and Love simply getting the ball to the open guy all game. He was good and all, but honestly, Malik Heath's slow ass could have probably done the same in these circumstances.

MLF should really get the game ball, it was a coaching masterclass by him, but the on-paper plan all ran through JLove on-field.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto