Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers - GDT - 10/5 - 8:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Oct 2020 09:08
Backthepack4ever wrote:
05 Oct 2020 08:43
Tweet was deleted. I’m assuming it’s about Adams.

Like I said last week when I was almost sure he wasn’t going to play. We know this medical staff. They are one if the most conservative in the league.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

You know what? Remember last year? Win ugly. I don't care what they do, just get out of here with a W, anyway possible, and its going to be a great, great night heading into the Bye Week with a chance to heal up and get healthy.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
05 Oct 2020 09:30
You know what? Remember last year? Win ugly. I don't care what they do, just get out of here with a W, anyway possible, and its going to be a great, great night heading into the Bye Week with a chance to heal up and get healthy.
Have we filled our roster spots from putting Lazard and Kirksey on IR?

This is wild. The D has to keep it contained enough that we can stay heavy on the running game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Oct 2020 09:33
Have we filled our roster spots from putting Lazard and Kirksey on IR?
No official transactions and no word on any PS elevations, either.

I forgot Big Dog is likely out tonight, too, and with Deguara still listed as Questionable, the TE group is actually thinner than you'd like on a night when you have no WR's.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Unleash Pettine. $%@# bend but don't break and break Matty Ice early.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packers' WRs tonight: MVS, Malik Taylor, Darius Shepherd
Packers' TEs tonight: Tonyan, Sternberger, Lovett

QUITE a test.

PS options: Begelton, Foster (these two most likely since they've both been around a bit), Winfree, Caleb Scott?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This reminds me of when we played the Cardinals in 2015 when we were without Nelson, Adams, and Cobb got hurt like 5 minutes into the game and we did pretty well with Abbrederis and Janis. And Janis has a legendary performance that would have went down in Packers lore as probably the single greatest performance only to have that idiot Randall ruin everything.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean the Falcons defense is complete rag tag unit too. Their defense is sooooo injured.

I really don't think Alexander is going to play tonight. Not practicing Saturday with a knee really scares me so signs point to our outside CBs being King and Jackson and their WRs are a go.

This is going to be a hell of a test.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

F it, line 'em up, punch em in the mouth, control the clock, TOP, get TD's, hold them to field goals.

Don't care if they got dinged up receivers, this is a deflated team.

Pack 38 - Falcons 23, we have a convincing lead the whole game. Pack with 200+ on the ground and a very efficient PA game all day.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Oct 2020 08:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Oct 2020 08:54
Backthepack4ever wrote:
05 Oct 2020 08:43
Wow, that's not a good tweet...
Sounds like the Packers making a business decision after all?
I would tend to say yes, but sometimes athletes think they can go, but can't. With a hammy, I am thinking that may be the case and the Packers do not want him to reinjure it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will say for Adams.

I get it. I don't like it. But I get it. Hamstrings are no joke. We as Packers fans know that more than really any other fanbase during the 2010's. If he plays tonight and even knicks it a little....we all know this guy's season is basically done. He would likely miss another 4 games at least and when he comes back, he is not close to 100%.

So if the docs are like, "okay, you may be good, but there is still risk here and he doesn't have another game in two weeks which should be at a point where further injury is very reduced...."

I get it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

The falcons are down to nobodys at cb also. Should be an even battle that we can win. Get pressure on Ryan and the d will do its parts.

The 3 headed backfield for 250 total yards and 3 yes

Packers 35
Falcons 24

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
05 Oct 2020 10:00
I mean the Falcons defense is complete rag tag unit too. Their defense is sooooo injured.

I really don't think Alexander is going to play tonight. Not practicing Saturday with a knee really scares me so signs point to our outside CBs being King and Jackson and their WRs are a go.

I think if Alexander and Clark sit too, then we will have a really tough time winning this one.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We all talk about Aaron's chip on his shoulder.

Don't underestimate Matt LaFleur's chip here.

When Shanahan left Atlanta for SF, there was talk about LaFleur getting the OC job in the ATL and reports he really wanted it. Quinn didn't ever interview him for it. That same FO is still there.

Matty gunna coach a masterpiece tonight, particularly inside the 10 yard line, gunna get a lot of schematic TD's tonight.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

First team to 40 wins.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
05 Oct 2020 11:16
go pak go wrote:
05 Oct 2020 10:00

I think if Alexander and Clark sit too, then we will have a really tough time winning this one.
I think we were gonna have a hard time period. Atlanta is no slouch. They for all intents and purposes are a 2-1 football team that has a lot of great weapons. And these weapons are a go tonight.

Our offense is banged up. Their defense is banged up. But their offense is not going to be banged up. Their players are there and ready to go. They will test our defense and our offense just doesn't have the horses, in theory, to be able to keep up with Julio and Ridley.

If we somehow escape tonight, it actually may be one of those signifying wins of the season.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
05 Oct 2020 11:07
The falcons are down to nobodys at cb also. Should be an even battle that we can win. Get pressure on Ryan and the d will do its parts.

The 3 headed backfield for 250 total yards and 3 yes

Packers 35
Falcons 24
The problem is if we don’t stop the run it’s hard to get pressure. You can’t really blitz much when the opponents always in 3rd and short.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Depsite playing only 3 games, Packers are still 6th in total scoring. Packers only need 4 points tonight to move back into 2nd place and 20 to move in a tie with the seahens for 1st.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We're going to lose. My wife dressed in Falcons colors today. It's her fault.
RIP JustJeff