Bak feared to have torn ACL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You never know how each person responds to an ACL.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t miss a game, wouldn’t be surprised if he misses 6.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 08:07
texas wrote:
02 Jan 2021 04:13
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2021 07:42

The only difference is we haven't seen many long, season ending injuries.

But we have definitely seen injuries.

17, 97, 58, 69, 71, 63, 33, 30, 28, 13, 87, 20, 25, 24, 54, 51, 90, 96, 52, 19

Have all missed significant time to injury and a lot of them went to IR. Also I do think thr new IR rules help players from losing their season.
Yeah I absolutely don't count the 2-3 week little injuries
But you normally would if we were under the old rules.

A lot of times players needed to be IR'd not because they were out for the whole season, but because the team was pinched and needed a roster spot.

I really like the new rules of brining up Psquad players and IR only being 3 weeks. I think this needs to continue next year because it doesn't force situations like 2010 where we IR Grant in October even though he would have been ready to play 6 weeks later in December.
No I wouldn't count those. The scenario you describe for sure happens but it doesn't happen all that much when a team wants to keep a player active, which we would likely have done for most of these. We are getting injured way less under MLF. The old rules were in play last season and we had like 1 major IR or something like that. And this year, still few legit major injuries.