Packers @ Bills Game Day Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

:bkw:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

im surprised coach isnt having Love throw down here more, just to see how he does. Game film type stuff.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

:idn:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Love has to learn when to throw it away.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

terrible look for the center. was he napping?
Last edited by Drj820 on 28 Aug 2021 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

How can this be?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Low snap, Love falls on it. -4 yards Hanson first rep at center. Runyan and Van Lanen at guard.

Free play, Love to Taylor deep right sideline. Threads the needle between CB and safety. Taylor with a great catch.

Love to Taylor on slant right. Gets OB for 8. Taylor is making the team.

Quick edge pressure. Love steps up, still looking downfield. Nice pocket awareness. Takes off to the right, big gain.

Inside zone for Hill. 6 yards.

Love to Rodgers in left flat. Rodgers finally looks like he has burst and gets around edge for first and OB.

Love just outthrows Rodgers on a 5 yard out to the left. Probably good not to have completed that.

Bills jump for the 3rd time. 2nd and 5 now.

Screen left to Hill. Slips, lot of players slipping. 7 yards. First down.

First and goal from the 10. Middle zone run to Hill for 7 yards. Nice burst. Nice creases by the line.

Zone read play I think. Love gives it to Hill. Should have kept it. Not certain it was actually being read, but looked like it.

Hanson oblivious and doesn't snap it. Not making team.

Spread, pressure up the middle by 2 guys. Shouldn't have thrown that.

Crosby shanks it. Nothing wrong with the hold there Mason. Don't get in your own head.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Wow, missed a chip shot FG.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

We're gonna lose this game that doesn't count. I can feel it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2021 12:36
NCF wrote:
28 Aug 2021 12:33
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Aug 2021 12:30
Sternberger blew his block.
Impossible block, regardless of who was there. The LB was lined up in the gap between the TE and tackle. Blitzed through the gap.
Not impossible. Routine. Cutting off a guy in the gap is something asked of TEs commonly.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

OK, where is the guy on NFL Network who understands what was on the field for both teams? Just oblivious commentary.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So overall, we are a half yard and some stupid mistakes by a Center from winning this game.

This is our 3rd strings and a few 2nd strings playing against the 2nd best team in the AFC vs all starters. And we also lost our footing on the turf a lot.

I'd say I'm happier as a Packers fan compared to being a Bills fan.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I thought Garvin and Rivers looked good against the Bill's starters

Love needs to be more careful at times, but overall he looks like what you'd expect: a talented young QB who needs snaps. He's young Favre-ish.

K. Hill = OMG

Sternberger didn't try very hard to catch that high screen pass. Love looked unhappy with him.

Malik Taylor is playing well again. Would be a difficult cut if it came to that.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love how Baldinger is first very conservative when praising Love and the highlights keep coming and he is like...."oh &%$@. this guy actually played really good"
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The goal was for us to see if we would feel comfortable with Love after the Rodgers era.

I can comfortably say I am excited for the next era.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
28 Aug 2021 13:26
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2021 12:36
NCF wrote:
28 Aug 2021 12:33

Sternberger blew his block.
Impossible block, regardless of who was there. The LB was lined up in the gap between the TE and tackle. Blitzed through the gap.
Not impossible. Routine.
How would a TE be able to block the below with the LB blitzing?

Code: Select all

LB
DB     LB    DT        DT
    TE    OT    OG    OG
Linebacker blitzing so not trying to anchor or maintain gap integrity. There is no chance anyone makes that block. The only way would be to fold block it was the OT turning out the LB, but then you leave a hole for the DT. Not a good call or line needed to adjust the blocking scheme.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 28 Aug 2021 13:41, edited 5 times in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Players who impressed:

Jordan Love
TJ Slayton
Jack Heflin
Wiborne
Chauncy Rivers
Malik Taylor
Kylin Hill
Offensive Line not named Jake Hanson
Reggie Begelton

Players who did not impress:

Jace Sternberger
Jean Charles
Amari Rodgers
Yadom
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m on the road but just caught up via this thread. Thanks everyone and especially [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] for the commentary. I feel informed.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Love has got some things to work on, but he has looked solid without the benefit of guys like Bakhtiari, Jones, Adams, hell even MVS is a difference-maker at some level.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 Aug 2021 13:24
We're gonna lose this game that doesn't count. I can feel it.
And none of us should lose any sleep over it. I recall one year the Lions won all of their preseason games and then went 0-16 in the regular season.