Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The way I read it, Rodgers did not lie. He answered the question to his best ability.

1. Rodgers says he was immunized which it looks like he believed that statement to be true. I also would not call Rodgers "lying"if he didn't know the exact definition of immunization per the CDC. He is a quarterback. Not a medical doctor.

2. The Packers and NFL very well likely know that Rodgers was not vaccinated. Looks like the only punishment for not following protocol is a little shy of $15k. I don't know if that's per incident/per week, etc. I don' think it honestly matters. Rodgers can afford it if he wants to.

3. The Packers likely knew about it and didn't care. As long as he is paying the fines and staying healthy...they wanted him back.

4. Go win the game Jordan Love. Glad the news is out now so Love can be part of the Gameplan rather than this happening on Friday or Saturday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Matt LaFleur coming up in a few minutes. That's step 1.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:37
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:34
Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:28

This upsets me so much. He expects the Packers to go all out for him but he can't even have the decency to prioritize his health.

I hope Jordan Love has an epic game...if he's not sick too.
I get it. A lot of people are going to feel that way. Let's try to focus on the football side of this, though. Already been a few posters take issue to comments like this.
I mean it's not really a debate. If Covid wasn't politicized to begin with, it would be common knowledge that you should get your vaccines to keep yourself and your teammates healthy. Rodgers can no longer state that he's the "ultimate team player" or whatever he's said in the past.
Sorry dude. Even if every player, coach, and facility employee were to get vaccinated, they are still in close contact in a commonly used facility. They could still potentially get COVID. I’m just saying that because it’s a very real risk for every player for the rest of this season. We might not have Rodgers this week. But any of a number of players who’ve been vaxed could still miss time later.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:41
The way I read it, Rodgers did not lie. He answered the question to his best ability.

1. Rodgers says he was immunized which it looks like he believed that statement to be true. I also would not call Rodgers "lying"if he didn't know the exact definition of immunization per the CDC. He is a quarterback. Not a medical doctor.

2. The Packers and NFL very well likely know that Rodgers was not vaccinated. Looks like the only punishment for not following protocol is a little shy of $15k. I don't know if that's per incident/per week, etc. I don' think it honestly matters. Rodgers can afford it if he wants to.

3. The Packers likely knew about it and didn't care. As long as he is paying the fines and staying healthy...they wanted him back.

4. Go win the game Jordan Love. Glad the news is out now so Love can be part of the Gameplan rather than this happening on Friday or Saturday.
But if the NFL already said "no your alternative treatment does not count as being vaccinated" then he should have not answered the question the way he did. If he misunderstood what immunized means, then fine, but he still gave a very misleading answer.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:47
go pak go wrote:

But if the NFL already said "no your alternative treatment does not count as being vaccinated" then he should have not answered the question the way he did. If he misunderstood what immunized means, then fine, but he still gave a very misleading answer.
And if that makes you not like him as a person that is your decision.

None of this surprises me. He is an arrogant person who has strong opinions. He says want he wants to say. We have known this for forever.

I don't expect any further punishment because he "lied" to the media. Clearly the NFL knew. That's what matters. And it looks like the only repercussion is a fine.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:50
Acrobat wrote:
go pak go wrote:

None of this surprises me. He is an arrogant person who has strong opinions. He says want he wants to say. We have known this for forever.

I don't expect any further punishment because he "lied" to the media. Clearly the NFL knew. That's what matters. And it looks like the only repercussion is a fine.
I think the Packers and NFL have a lot of explaining to do here too. Not putting all of this on Rodgers. I just think he made a very bad decision as a person.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

OMFG, Aaron :thwap:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Clearly the NFL knew.
If they did, why did it do nothing about it?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:

Exactly. Rodgers is a pretty big douche but we all know he's super private. He answered in a way that got people off his back without creating a distraction (at the time). Frankly, his personal life is none of our business so I don't really care if he 'lied' to us.

It's unfortunate that this hurts the team like this, but there's no way that the team/league didn't know - Rap tweeted that Rodgers has been following protocol in the building all year. And this is honestly the BEST possible scenario for us when it comes to evaluating what we have with Love. AFC opponent, Rodgers not seriously injured, etc. I'm with GPG; I'm excited for the game Sunday.

If we can beat the Cardinals Thursday with all of those missing pieces and Rodgers having a stat line that I'd expect from Love, then Love can win this one Sunday with potentially Adams, MVS, Lazard, and Bak coming back. Let's go baby!!! :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:53
go pak go wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

I think the Packers and NFL have a lot of explaining to do here too. Not putting all of this on Rodgers. I just think he made a very bad decision as a person.
What do they honestly have to explain?

The rule is if you break protocol, you pay money.

He probably paid money. So all the rules and protocol were followed.

And we also know Rodgers well enough that he would still answer the question the way he did even if the NFL rejected his "immunization". In Rodgers's mind, he was still "immunized" and will say as such. He does it all the time where he will say what he thinks is correct even if the "policy or suits, etc." push back on him.

And the NFL or Packers have noting to explain. They don't have to redact press conference statements. All they need to do is ensure their policies are enforced if he broke the rules. Which again is a fine only.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:55
go pak go wrote:
Clearly the NFL knew.
What do you mean? The policy is paying money.

The only weird thing is I believe he should have been out for the Cardinals game because of close proximity with Adams.

That is one thing they do need to explain.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:

come on now, Rodgers knows what it means to be vaccinated, and he knows that immunization means the same thing as vaccinated, if he isn't Vaccinated then he out right lied about it, which doesn't make sense, specially exposing his team mates and coaches, or going to some silly Halloween party and exposing himself, Vaccinated and I could see him inside Lambeau un masked, the party id debatable, still he probably felt safe if vaxed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:59
go pak go wrote:

Exactly. Rodgers is a pretty big douche but we all know he's super private. He answered in a way that got people off his back without creating a distraction (at the time). Frankly, his personal life is none of our business so I don't really care if he 'lied' to us.

It's unfortunate that this hurts the team like this, but there's no way that the team/league didn't know - Rap tweeted that Rodgers has been following protocol in the building all year. And this is honestly the BEST possible scenario for us when it comes to evaluating what we have with Love. AFC opponent, Rodgers not seriously injured, etc. I'm with GPG; I'm excited for the game Sunday.

If we can beat the Cardinals Thursday with all of those missing pieces and Rodgers having a stat line that I'd expect from Love, then Love can win this one Sunday with potentially Adams, MVS, Lazard, and Bak coming back. Let's go baby!!! :banana:
10000%
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Isn't there a lot of alternative-medicine woo stuff in California? Rodgers probably bought the hype on some Big Placebo crap, omfg. :messedup:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:59
go pak go wrote:

GO PACK GO!!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:00
Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:53
go pak go wrote:

What do they honestly have to explain?

The rule is if you break protocol, you pay money.

He probably paid money. So all the rules and protocol were followed.

And we also know Rodgers well enough that he would still answer the question the way he did even if the NFL rejected his "immunization". In Rodgers's mind, he was still "immunized" and will say as such. He does it all the time where he will say what he thinks is correct even if the "policy or suits, etc." push back on him.

And the NFL or Packers have noting to explain. They don't have to redact press conference statements. All they need to do is ensure their policies are enforced if he broke the rules. Which again is a fine only.
If Rodgers wasn't wearing a mask on the sidelines, and it was being allowed, then the NFL and the Packers have some explaining to do. Unless he was being fined and we didn't know about it.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:04
Isn't there a lot of alternative-medicine woo stuff in California? Rodgers probably bought the hype on some Big Placebo crap, omfg. :messedup:
Rodgers knows how to pick 'em.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:06
Labrev wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:04
Rodgers knows how to pick 'em.
LOL how crazy that it actually comes down to the girlfriend!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Here is something i am pretty sure about: Rodgers is going to be ungodly pissed that his private medical information was given to the media, and then released by the media to the world. How he reacts to that or what he does about it could very well impact our 2021 season...and I would think it is not likely he will react well.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:55
go pak go wrote:
Clearly the NFL knew.
What do you mean? The policy is paying money.

The only weird thing is I believe he should have been out for the Cardinals game because of close proximity with Adams.

That is one thing they do need to explain.
Per media in Lambeau he has not been following protocol. If they saw it, the NFL sure saw it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."