Playoff Seeding

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:20
salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:59
Acrobat wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:40

Makes me nervous. Packers are not rolling into the playoffs as red hot as I'd like but hopefully they can put two weeks in a row of great football going into the playoffs.
Yeah, a 4-game win streak counts as lukewark at best... ;)

I get it. We're not utterly dominating every opponent. We're not winning by margins that are safe for Any Given Sunday's variation on a bad luck day.

I still think that we can get real, REAL, hot if we get back, you know, a few last year's Pro-Bowlers, most of our preferred starting Oline and a couple of important role players. We have a HELLUVA roster this year. Would like to see that roster on the field at some point, preferably when it matters most.
We're not winning by margins that are safe for Yoops heart, a comfortable margin for me is a 3 score lead with 00 on the clock :rotf:
There you go.....very comfortable last night. :clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Jan 2022 06:22
Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:20
salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:59

Yeah, a 4-game win streak counts as lukewark at best... ;)

I get it. We're not utterly dominating every opponent. We're not winning by margins that are safe for Any Given Sunday's variation on a bad luck day.

I still think that we can get real, REAL, hot if we get back, you know, a few last year's Pro-Bowlers, most of our preferred starting Oline and a couple of important role players. We have a HELLUVA roster this year. Would like to see that roster on the field at some point, preferably when it matters most.
We're not winning by margins that are safe for Yoops heart, a comfortable margin for me is a 3 score lead with 00 on the clock :rotf:
There you go.....very comfortable last night. :clap:
finally a win where we led by 3 scores with under 3 minutes to play :aok: just the way I like Packer games to end, hell I caught myself dosing at 6 minutes into 4th quarter, shortly after the game I saw a reporter getting fan reactions from two guys that sorta looked like NCF and 004 in the parking lot, but I can't be sure, lots of white people look like them :rotf:

watching the way we controlled that bungling Viking team it instills a feeling that we can corral any team we face, and I think we can, they just wont give up as the down throden Vikings did for most of the 2nd half.

just a great effort all around for the team :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So who do we want to get that last NFC playoff spot: 49ers or Saints?

I want another shot to beat the Saints AND I think they're less of a threat (even though we beat the 49ers and lost to the Saints)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 11:07
So who do we want to get that last NFC playoff spot: 49ers or Saints?

I want another shot to beat the Saints AND I think they're less of a threat (even though we beat the 49ers and lost to the Saints)
I am so with you here but I very much doubt we'll get a chance to see the Saints again. I honestly don't see them making it out of the WC round no matter who their opponent is. With that, it becomes a choice of either the 49ers or whoever the remaining lowest seeded team following a Saints defeat.

Yes, I too am confused after reading that last sentence.

There are a lot of warm weather/dome teams punching their playoff ticket. I don't necessarily fear the 49ers but I think their style of play would be most adaptable and successful for playing in the cold at Lambeau. I'd just as soon take a pass on them.

So yeah, it's the Saints for me.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2021 11:32
Right now its looking like Tampa Bay coming to Lambeau Jan 22 or 23. And then the Cowboys coming to Titletown on Jan 30th for the NFC Championship Game.

Yes, there is lots of football to be played between now and January 17th to mess this dream up. Just sayin'

GO PACKERS!!
Dallas, huh?

Could end up like that time you sang "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys" at Lambeau circa 1995.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

My dream scenario is playing the Eagles in the Divisional, then playing, idk the Rams or Cards or 49ers in the NFCCG. Then Oakland in the SB.

I do not want to play TB. I also would rather not play Dallas. But this is the most confident I have felt going into the playoffs since 2011. I don't truly fear any team. In years past there has always been at least 1 team that we know we don't want to play (and we usually end up playing them and losing). TB was the weakest such team last year but we lost anyway. This year, I still don't want to play them, but I imagine we are better equipped to deal with them.

I saw some football analytics guy say that Buffalo and TB are the favorites and I have to agree. I can't remember a season where it was this wide open. The Rams are also elite but I just think we match up well against them, and MLF knows how to beat McVay.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It would not shock me to see Tampa bounced in the opening round. Last year they were rounding into form at this point in the season and were rolling. This year they are struggling with teams like the Jets at home, are injured, and are dealing with distractions. I’ll never underestimate what Brady is capable of but my spidey senses tell me they’re ripe for an upset.