General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

So, do the Packers carry 6 WR this year? 7? If so, who is it?

Locks... Adams, MVS, Rodgers, Cobb, Lazard

The rest...EQ, Taylor, Funchess, Begelton, Blair, Gaither, Thompkins, Winfree.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:28
So, do the Packers carry 6 WR this year? 7? If so, who is it?

Locks... Adams, MVS, Rodgers, Cobb, Lazard

The rest...EQ, Taylor, Funchess, Begelton, Blair, Gaither, Thompkins, Winfree.
Good question.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Who was it that had Bortles as the starter if Rodgers didn't come back? :rotf:
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Bortles has been cut, which tells me there definitely was a significant fear that Rodgers wasn't coming back at one point.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Super unpopular take.

As &%$@ as this offseason was, maybe what we needed?

Certainly not the only way to achieve it. But kind of looking back to winter/early spring. Kind of thinking what else can we do? Even to get back to the level we were last year, but to do more to get over the hump. Knowing we were gunna lose some good FA's and not have money to sign more. Was almost kind of depressing outlook. How could this team be better than it was?

But now, kind of gearing up for one last go, bringing back Cobb, going to have an amazing locker room. Say what you will, the players love Aaron. Feeling a lot of energy and hope for this season now. The extra motivation for largely this core to finally get the job done.

Maybe all for the best, Keep Aaron pist off, the locker room as motivated as ever, with perhaps now a clearer picture of Jordan Love and our future as well. One last chance now, no more excuses, no more next year, go get it boys!!

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:32
Bortles has been cut, which tells me there definitely was a significant fear that Rodgers wasn't coming back at one point.
Ummm, no. Dude signed a minimum contract and couldn't beat Dolegala out of camp.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
I think Gute just started following Benkert on TikTok and figured we got it taken care of.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rodgers, Love, Benkert.

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:45
Rodgers, Love, Benkert.

And #18 just opened up.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:46
paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:45
Rodgers, Love, Benkert.

And #18 just opened up.
Dolegala refused to give it up so the Packers had to cut him (someone, somewhere, probably).
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
But now, kind of gearing up for one last go, bringing back Cobb, going to have an amazing locker room. Say what you will, the players love Aaron. Feeling a lot of energy and hope for this season now. The extra motivation for largely this core to finally get the job done.
100% this locker room handled the offseason amazingly; and they're going to be even stronger all together. I envision Cobb being for the WR room what Big Dawg is for the TE room right now. An on-field role player and off-field/locker room ace. The motivation has to be top notch, too.

Can't believe I never got to a sports book to take the over while we were listed at 9 wins. Came off the books last weekend when I finally looked into it.

As for Bortles. He was the perfect pawn in this offseason journey. And while I strongly doubt I was ever in the "he will start if Rodgers is out," I certainly did say we could still compete for the playoffs with him. And I meant it. :mrgreen:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:47
BF004 wrote:
100% this locker room handled the offseason amazingly; and they're going to be even stronger all together. I envision Cobb being for the WR room what Big Dawg is for the TE room right now. An on-field role player and off-field/locker room ace. The motivation has to be top notch, too.

Can't believe I never got to a sports book to take the over while we were listed at 9 wins. Came off the books last weekend when I finally looked into it.

As for Bortles. He was the perfect pawn in this offseason journey. And while I strongly doubt I was ever in the "he will start if Rodgers is out," I certainly did say we could still compete for the playoffs with him. And I meant it. :mrgreen:
I flipping love it.

LET'S GO!!! 2021 BABY!!! There are two ways to look at the season.

I choose the excited and positive one. It's the last year with our heroes. Let's have a great football season everyone!!!! :beer2: :beer2: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Can't believe I never got to a sports book to take the over while we were listed at 9 wins.
Just FYI, I never saw 9 wins in Vegas and I left 7 days ago. Everything was at 11. Packers to make the playoffs was like -750.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:51
Wouldn't be time for football without Kevin King on some kind of no football list.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:52
paco wrote:
Wouldn't be time for football without Kevin King on some kind of no football list.
I'm okay with it. Get Stokes a kick start.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:52
paco wrote:
The best possible outcome is that he stays on that list.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff