Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 13:54
now it's we never said Rodgers was to blame
Again no, that was not said by the "group" you are attacking either.

This isn't a black and white situation, where a player or group is either completely to blame or not to blame at all or only 1 player/position can shoulder the blame.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Mar 2023 13:58
Yoop wrote:

This isn't a black and white situation, where a player or group is either completely to blame or not to blame at all or only 1 player/position can shoulder the blame.
ya it was, you just don't like admitting it, why don't you go back and look at what you and others have said after PO losses, it's one thing to criticize a play, but it never stops there, people have used contract to say he has to play better, when thats the case with others to, hell the most expensive WR in the league drops a perfectly thrown TD pass, that gets less attention then Rodgers not seeing a open Lazard, as though other QB's never miss a open receivers, that is the crap I'am talking about.

for 7 years I've had to endure some of the most outlandish comments from you and others, and the real stickler has been this concerted effort by you and others that the receiver situation was good, every time I brought up just how inadequate the situation was I faced backlash from you and others here defending Ted and Brian for not drafting better receiver talent, it was a act of futility to even discuss the matter, yet I persisted because it had to be some of the dumbest BS I've ever witnessed, I basically lost respect for Ted, and I've never fully respected Gutekunst because of it, and now that he's won his little pissing contest with Rodgers over it what do we have to show for it? but hey it's easier to just blame Rodgers.

8 years of devoting most capitol to defense at the expense of offensive skill position players has not payed off, not even close, and we owe most of our success to Aaron Rodgers, but sense he wasn't able to carry the team in the playoffs he gets the blame and ya defend the GM's, talk about cart before the horse thinking, and you wonder why I consider that goofy, we've passed on 20 plus quality receivers in order to build a average defense, thats insanity.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 14:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

ya it was, you just don't like admitting it, why don't you go back and look at what you and others have said after PO losses
NO ONE blamed just Rodgers. The biggest reason these arguments crop up over and over is because you continually assign positions to people here that NO ONE has ever taken. Please, realize, not a single poster here has ever blamed just Aaron Rodgers for a loss, just as no post here has ever dressed down Aaron Rodgers to prop up Jordan Love.
the real stickler has been this concerted effort by you and others that the receiver situation was good, every time I brought up just how inadequate the situation was I faced backlash from you
Well, since this is not reality, then it can't be the "real stickler." Not a person on this forum made a concerted effort, let alone even said the receiver situation was good. That NEVER happened. This again is the black and white concept that if a poster doesn't outright accept or deny something, they must be wholly for the opposite.

Let's recap:
No one is blaming Rodgers for things to lift up Love.
No one is blaming just Rodgers for losses.
No one ever said our receiver situation was good in the last several years. All saw the holes in it, but many also saw that is should be adequate to compete (less so 2022).

Unfortunately, we then get yet another rant bringing up pet topics that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Mar 2023 15:09
Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 14:45
Pckfn23 wrote:

ya it was, you just don't like admitting it, why don't you go back and look at what you and others have said after PO losses
NO ONE blamed just Rodgers. The biggest reason these arguments crop up over and over is because you continually assign positions to people here that NO ONE has ever taken. Please, realize, not a single poster here has ever blamed just Aaron Rodgers for a loss, just as no post here has ever dressed down Aaron Rodgers to prop up Jordan Love.
the real stickler has been this concerted effort by you and others that the receiver situation was good, every time I brought up just how inadequate the situation was I faced backlash from you
Well, since this is not reality, then it can't be the "real stickler." Not a person on this forum made a concerted effort, let alone even said the receiver situation was good. That NEVER happened. This again is the black and white concept that if a poster doesn't outright accept or deny something, they must be wholly for the opposite.

Let's recap:
No one is blaming Rodgers for things to lift up Love.
No one is blaming just Rodgers for losses.
No one ever said our receiver situation was good in the last several years. All saw the holes in it, but many also saw that is should be adequate to compete (less so 2022).

Unfortunately, we then get yet another rant bringing up pet topics that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
it's no use to talk with someone that refuses to acknowledge things they've said, the receiver situation was never good enough, if it had been Adams wouldn't have gotten most of the targeted throws for 5 years straight, Rodgers wouldn't have developed tunnel vision with him, you keep defending a disfunctional situation, again I should expect it, this is my last reply to you on this subject.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 15:23
it's no use to talk with someone that refuses to acknowledge things they've said
The issue being, I never said the things you are attributing. Your black and white view of the situation leads to you assigning one side or the other to others' viewpoint, when in reality their view is much more nuanced, ie... blaming Rodgers, the OL, and receivers all at the same time.
you keep defending a disfunctional situation
Just like above, it's the the black and white fallacy. No defending of the situation, but also not onboard with it either.

You would do much better reading what people actually write as a whole, instead of taking 1 comment out of context and then assigning them to one of two buckets.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I take back what I said; I actually do blame Rodgers for every playoff loss... including other teams' playoff losses! 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
02 Mar 2023 16:01
I take back what I said; I actually do blame Rodgers for every playoff loss... including other teams' playoff losses! 8-)
Yeeeessssss! Embrace the dark side!!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Nagler said that the Panthers have officially inquired about 12.

Given it’s a short time before FA and the draft, I don’t believe anything at this point.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
I hate you :argue: :swear: :hide:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Mar 2023 18:51
Labrev wrote:
I hate you :argue: :swear: :hide:

Can't believe Rodgers lost the NFCCG again with Deebo, Ayuik, Kittle, and McCaffrey. GAWD!!!!! :messedup:
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Anyway a real update: Panthers came calling.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/plat ... per-report

AWWWW YEEE DRIVE THAT ASKING PRICE UP CAROLINA!!!!!!
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raiders publically saying they aren’t interested

Titans saying they aren’t interested

Carolinas billionaire owner says he’s interested

Hmm…does 12 even have a real market? Or is the deal gutey gave him last year too stupid for most GMs to want to acquire? Is the pain to acquire 12 worth more than acquiring the talented drug addict?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:
02 Mar 2023 18:58
Anyway a real update: Panthers came calling.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/plat ... per-report
I started to read the headline. My first thought was “sources” as in Schefter (not that he’s the only one). And the very first part says the info comes from Schefter.

I’ll give it a 75% chance that it’s bogus. Schefter makes a living by making up “anonymous” stuff.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I never understood why Packers fans are mad at Schefter for releasing a true report that aRodgers was unhappy with &%$@ way this organization has been run.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Carolina has pretty much a Rookie Billionaire owner who doesn't want to wait for a shot especially in a bad division. I can believe he might jump.
NE might want AR as BB can't have too much time left as a HC and might want to win a ring without Brady.
I'd still think some of the other clubs mentioned before might be trying to downplay interest and get a cheaper deal.

And anybody grabbing him can redo the contract to make it work for them.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I can’t see Rodgers being ok going to Carolina. They have DJ Moore and a bunch of bums.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

While the patriots seems like an obvious fit based on “legendary coach acquires legendary qb” I really wonder if Rodgers would humble himself and fit into the “patriot way”. Would rodgers let’s bill rip him in the film room? Would Rodgers agree to the dink and dunk methodical “death by a thousand cuts” patriots scheme?

No brainer rodgers should want to go there if he wants a ring. But he may be too big of an individual to submit himself to the patriot brand
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Mar 2023 21:12
While the patriots seems like an obvious fit based on “legendary coach acquires legendary qb” I really wonder if Rodgers would humble himself and fit into the “patriot way”. Would rodgers let’s bill rip him in the film room? Would Rodgers agree to the dink and dunk methodical “death by a thousand cuts” patriots scheme?

No brainer rodgers should want to go there if he wants a ring. But he may be too big of an individual to submit himself to the patriot brand
I'm sure he'd have a long talk with Brady before anything, and maybe BB would cut him some slack after life without a QB.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think there’s a chance that knowing which teams are actually interested is a precursor to the “conversations” Rodgers and Gutey need to have. Knowing the options will be part of Rodgers’ decision more than a result of it. One reason they may be waiting into after the combine to have their sit down