Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not news as even prefaced by Andrew, but the man still has wisdom.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
03 Mar 2023 08:58

If anyone outside the organization "knows" and can talk, it is him.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This is confusing everyone too. Does Brandon Marshall work with some kind of representation firm or why the hell would anyone be calling him?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

I don't belief anything I hear, stand out statement imo, other then a few fans, and media concerned with clicks, most fans have been patient, knowing conversations behind the scenes have to take place before any decision will be made.

to me the urgency concerning this is media driven, ear candy mostly with fans that want to know something NOW..
the comments of lack of interest from a team like the Raiders seem to have been made weeks ago, prior to any of this drama

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Mar 2023 09:07
This is confusing everyone too. Does Brandon Marshall work with some kind of representation firm or why the hell would anyone be calling him?

haaaaa, it's Brandon Marshall, he has proven over time that he alone is his own personal promotion team :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:

I agree. After hearing Guty’s first comments at the combine, I think that is his current mindset. There are a couple of phrases that he said that I believe he wouldn’t say if he fully wanted Rodgers to start this year. He is committed to Love, I think. The question to me is, if he can’t get a deal for Rodgers, would he start Love ahead of Rodgers?

The agonizing part then, to me, is that we probably won’t hear a thing of any possible deal for Rodgers until draft week. Argh!

Don’t get me wrong. I still think Rodgers could play at a high level. The problem is when you have a guy like Love, while Rodgers is clearly on the very tail end of his storied career. Love has done everything the staff has wanted and more. And he’s shown the physical ability to play at a high level. They want him to play and succeed. They don’t disrespect Rodgers. But it’s a real conundrum to have these guys on the roster at the same time.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Brandnt may be right, but he was very wrong last year. It’s been along time since he’s been in the office in GB. I don’t think he’s connected at all anymore. Just an educated guy with an educated guess.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
03 Mar 2023 09:18
BF004 wrote:

haaaaa, it's Brandon Marshall, he has proven over time that he alone is his own personal promotion team :rotf:
To me, to hear Marshall and other “expert” players talk like this… I think it’s a 50/50 chance whether it’s true or not. I don’t doubt it. But there’s every chance that Guty is also calling in favors from other GMs and announcers to make some “trade potential noise” to drive up the market for a very good (even with short career left) QB.

I’m no expert. But I’d be shocked if we don’t hear of a deal of some kind to move Rodgers before the draft. Guty needs to make sure he knows what priority he needs to draft a backup QB. I think his mind is made up about letting Aaron go and he needs to know how so that he can plan properly for the draft.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Mar 2023 11:52
Brandnt may be right, but he was very wrong last year. It’s been along time since he’s been in the office in GB. I don’t think he’s connected at all anymore. Just an educated guy with an educated guess.
The guys who write stuff for media and social media have to write something. Just look at Schefter as a prime example. But I do think that March is the time that guys make up stuff, prior to the draft. If they end up being correct, their stock as announcing increases. Yeah, some of them are full of it and blowing smoke because they have to say something. But how many connections with GMs does Marshall have that they would reveal this to him?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think Gutey is going to come back from the combine, sit down with Rodgers, via zoom most likely and say, "hey;; here are the teams that have reached out to us; here are the scenarios we can consider; what works best for you?" and Rodgers and he will talk through what each of them want and think and then Rodgers will hopefully have two options that he accepts and Gutey will get on the phone with the GM and talk trade compensation while Rodgers' agent gets on the phone with Russ Ball and the other teams' cap guys and talk finances, and there will be a decision. I'd expect it to happen like Wed-Fri of next week in line with a very normal process.

I think there will be some teams expressing interest that aren't/haven't been reported. I think some teams who have expressed a lack of interest would be interested at the right price/trade compensation. I think Rodgers won't want to be part of a rebuild or anything, but will care more about factors other than Super Bowl readiness than he does about "best place to win a championship," such as the conversations with coaches or GMs and how they approach a figure of his stature in the building.

And then we'll know. It may be that Rodgers has two places in mind and if those teams aren't interested, he retires. It may be that he's willing to return to Green Bay and they have to talk about the Packers' desire to move on. It could go a number of ways, but it feels like the process is going to play out in a fairly normal, timely manner next week. That's my prediction at least.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Mar 2023 11:54
Yoop wrote:
03 Mar 2023 09:18
BF004 wrote:

To me, to hear Marshall and other “expert” players talk like this… I think it’s a 50/50 chance whether it’s true or not. I don’t doubt it. But there’s every chance that Guty is also calling in favors from other GMs and announcers to make some “trade potential noise” to drive up the market for a very good (even with short career left) QB.

I’m no expert. But I’d be shocked if we don’t hear of a deal of some kind to move Rodgers before the draft. Guty needs to make sure he knows what priority he needs to draft a backup QB. I think his mind is made up about letting Aaron go and he needs to know how so that he can plan properly for the draft.
neither is Marshal a expert, you hit the nail on the head, 50/50 chance relates to no more then a guess, another point I'd like to make is people are focusing on every spoken word, as though people always say exactly what they think, when actually people often don't say exactly what they think.

again until I hear it from Rodgers and the FO then everything is just speculation, it's mostly there opinions, which amount to guesses.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Peter King says his feeling is the Jets are the first QB domino to fall around the league, they want Rodgers or Carr, but are waiting for Rodgers' decision. Carr will land next.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Mar 2023 13:38
Peter King says his feeling is the Jets are the first QB domino to fall around the league, they want Rodgers or Carr, but are waiting for Rodgers' decision. Carr will land next.
I think this makes sense, Carr is a bit younger, Rodgers I think is the best of all, so they should go 1 and 2, Rodgers may end up redoing his money demands, in fact I sorta expect it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Interesting. Despite the Raiders publicly claiming they're not interested in Rodgers, the oddsmakers have not budged; Raiders remain the favorite in most recent release:
https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/ ... te-reports
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
03 Mar 2023 15:03
Interesting. Despite the Raiders publicly claiming they're not interested in Rodgers, the oddsmakers have not budged; Raiders remain the favorite in most recent release:
the odds makers know most comments concerning this are 3rd and 4th hand propaganda designed solely to sell ink, and garner blog clicks, and teams will say almost anything to confuse others of there real intentions :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Mar 2023 15:18
Labrev wrote:
the odds makers know most comments concerning this are 3rd and 4th hand propaganda designed solely to sell ink, and garner blog clicks, and teams will say almost anything to confuse others of there real intentions :idn:
My favorite thing is how you always know the actual ulterior motive behind every insider's actions and words. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Mar 2023 11:51
BF004 wrote:

I agree. After hearing Guty’s first comments at the combine, I think that is his current mindset. There are a couple of phrases that he said that I believe he wouldn’t say if he fully wanted Rodgers to start this year. He is committed to Love, I think. The question to me is, if he can’t get a deal for Rodgers, would he start Love ahead of Rodgers?

The agonizing part then, to me, is that we probably won’t hear a thing of any possible deal for Rodgers until draft week. Argh!

Don’t get me wrong. I still think Rodgers could play at a high level. The problem is when you have a guy like Love, while Rodgers is clearly on the very tail end of his storied career. Love has done everything the staff has wanted and more. And he’s shown the physical ability to play at a high level. They want him to play and succeed. They don’t disrespect Rodgers. But it’s a real conundrum to have these guys on the roster at the same time.
Zeke and Bart co-existed for years just fine. Looking at this from the post-Bart Zeke perspective....it won't be any worse than the Hunter Tagge era. The Hadl era is another story altogether.
I'm diggin' for Lamar Jackson bringin' it to Titletown after this phase of the divorce is complete. :munch:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Mar 2023 15:37
Yoop wrote:
03 Mar 2023 15:18
Labrev wrote:
My favorite thing is how you always know the actual ulterior motive behind every insider's actions and words. :lol:
your confusing insider with wannabe insiders, one is real, the other attempts to appear that way :lol:

why you would think people with AT BEST 2nd hand info, which is still a long way from face to face with the actual person involved is to be relied on as fact is what I don't understand, when there wrong ( which is half the time at least) ya never hear about, ( probably because there wrong so much) if there right they continuously shout it out for weeks afterward.

I read very little of it any more, probably because I read so much of it years ago, I like to hear what I want to hear to, we all do, problem is, often it's not even close to what is actually the truth or what happened.
yes these people know more then fans most of the time, but when it comes to some thing like this Rodgers situation, there going to ride this like a money train, saying just about anything if they think you'll buy it, what did it cost you by the way? :rotf:

I got the Athletic for 1.99 a month for I think 3 months, and the 3 articles I've read are nothing but opinionated half truths at there very best, I did it for draft coverage, there good with info on that, as to there opinion columns, nah, no thanks.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Mar 2023 11:52
To Brandt’s credit, he has confessed that he was wrong last year. I don’t see the Schefters of today making any noise like that.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Mar 2023 16:11
Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Mar 2023 11:51
BF004 wrote:

Zeke and Bart co-existed for years just fine. Looking at this from the post-Bart Zeke perspective....it won't be any worse than the Hunter Tagge era. The Hadl era is another story altogether.
I'm diggin' for Lamar Jackson bringin' it to Titletown after this phase of the divorce is complete. :munch:
Just think. Hadl had competition from Jim Del Gazo and some unknown QBs of the day. What a conundrum. Take this over the hill QB or this bad one. Hmmm.